Dubs - there is no substitute. Pics Axis Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Welcome to the club ...

Thanks...when I was online looking for pics of the mods on a Z, I ran across one of your threads....car looks sick. gotta love the lip!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
bofa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old School
bigger rotating mass will slow you down a bit - even with the same weight. Not dropped yet...stock suspension. Didn't roll the fenders either...no rub issues at all. I will upgrade the suspension, but I doubt I will drop it more than 1". The Tein S-techs drop it .5/.8 - think I might go with these springs and Koni Sport (yellows) double adjustable shocks. You can adjust the damper stiffness and ride height (it has a spring pirch that can be adjusted). I had camber issues on the civic. Ingals fixed that. Don't know if I'll have any on this car. I doubt it will be an issue as I will be rollin on stock 18s most of the time. The rule of thumb for camber 10 years ago or so was anything more than an inch drop will need camber adjustment. Not sure if this rule still applies. Cars have changed a bit since then.
Isnt the mass about the same?... not exact, but close right?. I have the Tein S. Techs and love them. I'm still waiting for them to settle a little but they've been great so far. I'm noticing that I may need to get a camber kit though. I'm going to give it another week or two to be sure.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

I'd be more concerned about rolling the fenders. Are you rubbing at all with the drop you have now?

If you correct the camber, ask them to do it to stock specs...I believe the Z has a little toe in vs. other cars.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
bofa

Nope, no rubbing at all. I confirmed my choice of the Tein S. Tech springs after checking with another member with the same wheels/tires/springs. They didnt have rubbing either. I think you're right about the toe... I'll update my other thread if I have to make more adjustments.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by bofa
Nope, no rubbing at all. I confirmed my choice of the Tein S. Tech springs after checking with another member with the same wheels/tires/springs. They didnt have rubbing either. I think you're right about the toe... I'll update my other thread if I have to make more adjustments.

Badass...S Techs it is. Look forward to seeing your alignment specs...

BTW - I see you're selling your 636...what you buying now? Litre bike maybe?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:58 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want my wheels back. haha.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by solidsnake
I want my wheels back. haha.

puahahahahahaha. I should be up in Austin in a couple weeks. I'll holla at ya a couple days before I head down there. Maybe we can put together a meet. I put down 366 whp / 438 lbs-tq. All at 4k rpms. Been waiting to put you ATX turbo guys to shame. hahaha
Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Flippantduke

Wheels look great. Definitely would like to see a nice higher rez pic. Great choice on the axis
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

puahahahahahaha. I should be up in Austin in a couple weeks. I'll holla at ya a couple days before I head down there. Maybe we can put together a meet. I put down 366 whp / 438 lbs-tq. All at 4k rpms. Been waiting to put you ATX turbo guys to shame. hahaha

Those numbers are insane. Thats with NOS? Come down on a saturday and we can go down to the local races. Show then how the nissans do it big.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
bofa

Badass...S Techs it is. Look forward to seeing your alignment specs...

BTW - I see you're selling your 636...what you buying now? Litre bike maybe?
All of my riding buddies are nowhere to be found... one wrecked a year ago and still hasnt put it back together, my cousin is an idiot and cant afford his insurance anymore, and I dont see the other guys anymore. I tried riding by myself but just not as fun and I'm too busy to go to bike nights during the week. Plus if I keep getting into situations where bad *** babess are asking for rides, my wife will chop my ***** off.

So.. selling the bike = upgrades for the Z and a little extra room in the garage.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by Flippantduke
Wheels look great. Definitely would like to see a nice higher rez pic. Great choice on the axis
Thanks!! will work on the pics. My lady somehow contracted a trojan on the computer and I had to reformat. Once I fix everything and install all the drivers, I'll upload some better pics.

Originally Posted by solidsnake
Those numbers are insane. Thats with NOS? Come down on a saturday and we can go down to the local races. Show then how the nissans do it big.
Yea....that's with a 150 shot. SGP tuned the UTEC with 3 maps. Pulls pretty good now. Still need more....I guess riding bikes all these years really ruined cars for me. Nothing on 4 wheels really feels fast.

All of my riding buddies are nowhere to be found... one wrecked a year ago and still hasnt put it back together, my cousin is an idiot and cant afford his insurance anymore, and I dont see the other guys anymore. I tried riding by myself but just not as fun and I'm too busy to go to bike nights during the week. Plus if I keep getting into situations where bad *** babess are asking for rides, my wife will chop my ***** off.

So.. selling the bike = upgrades for the Z and a little extra room in the garage.
lmao. I hear you. I haven't been riding much lately. Too many clowns on the road. You might consider making it just a track bike. I really hate riding on the street. Finished the Z for now (or until I find money to build the motor)....so my next project will be converting the Gixxer (plastics, safety wiring, engine covers, etc) for track use.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
bofa

Sweet... haven't thought about tracking it... there arent a lot of tracks around here and the local drag strip keeps getting sold, shut down, blah blah..
Old 11-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Sweet... haven't thought about tracking it... there arent a lot of tracks around here and the local drag strip keeps getting sold, shut down, blah blah..

You only need one track. lol. controlled environment, no speed limits, no cops, and someone is always there to help if you wad it up. Only thing is it takes a good $2Gs to get it track ready if you go as far as to replace the plastics. Otherwise its a few hundred bucks. I wanna keep my stock plastics looking new for when I sell the bike.

Of course more flow and more parts for the Z does sound good. I dunno, I just like to see my garage full of toys. lol.

Will be uploading some high res pics (well as high as the site will allow - lol). Z33WOLF took some pics last night after we left the meet. They looked sweet on the little screen on the camera.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet rims
Old 11-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

ty
Old 11-29-2006, 06:38 AM
AroundMyHorn

hey old school.. i see you guys keep doing the tuesday meets but has there been any word on an all Z/G meet? i been doing christmas chit for the last 2 weeks so i been busy, but now i'm ready to plan something.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
hey old school.. i see you guys keep doing the tuesday meets but has there been any word on an all Z/G meet? i been doing christmas chit for the last 2 weeks so i been busy, but now i'm ready to plan something.

Nothing yet. We have to get enough ppl interested before I start calling property managers for permission. We can make it a monthly deal or a weekly deal. Maybe a Friday night thing. I'll start a post in the Texas forums to see if we can't get some folks interested. I've been posting on G35 Driver as well, but haven't been getting the response I expected when I posted about the Tuesday meets. I'm gonna get with some of the guys in NextStage to see what day works best for them. They have quite a few cars....Zs and Gs.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:02 AM
AroundMyHorn

sounds good......Texas forum it is.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Z33WOLF took some more pics last night. Much better quality. Check them out.

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/233600-old-school-s-cs-350z.html
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM
bofa

Beautiful! What kind of camera was that? I need a new one.

Quick Reply: Dubs - there is no substitute. Pics Axis Mods