Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Sevas Wheels: Quality or crap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
classic6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Dude your car looks ****ing incredible. I was going to go with the silver in the inside. Good to be different. Have you lowered the car yet? Is that a G Coupe wing?

The car is lowered on Tein Basics. And yes that is a G35 spoiler.

Thanks for the compliments!!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by classic6
The car is lowered on Tein Basics. And yes that is a G35 spoiler.

Thanks for the compliments!!
sorry to kinda revive this thread. can i see more angles of that g coupe wing on the z?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:42 PM
izmir41500

Originally Posted by accordfreak
go for DPE. they're a little over 3k
i thought DPE prices were along the lines of iForged.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
synth19

Yep. They are right around the same price range.

Originally Posted by izmir41500
i thought DPE prices were along the lines of iForged.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
big gixx

Considering i may be slightly biased due to the fact that personal friends of mine work/run the company, ill put in my .02

the wheels look exceptional, always. the contruction is exceptional for the price paid, and no set of these rims goes out with flaws. it just doesnt happen.

their 20'' rims are gorgeous and fit the z with no modifications and DO NOT RUB.

s22's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0zt84qVA2w

they may be a few pounds over a volk rim of the same size, but AFAIK you are buying a rim that has visual appeal over fuctional form.

(i personally cannot justify the 3k+ on volks/tires for a daily driven car i dont race everyday. i know too many people that fool themselves into thinking they are a track star because they're rolling on volks...)

they do a great job at supplying a quality part with little tacked onto their overhead prices. i personally know that many other rim companies use the EXACT processes to create their rims yet charge far far more to simply "retain an executive appeal and class market"
IE charge more so people think they are of better quality.

case in point dont hesitate to buy a set, you wont regret it. ill be giving them a little heads up today and see if i cant swing a little group buy together with "non advertisable prices"

ill update on that later.

if anyone wants to get a set through me, call me 7864438777 ill get you rolling for less than you'd expect, and by the time you hang up, youll be planning your purchase... my voice is just that good take it easy pimps, give sevas some <3
Old 08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
tougeracing

atleast with volks or works, youll know they can handle the beating on the track. You might be paying more for the look/name than the quality and strength of the wheel, ie. HRE's do not work well on the track but theyre expensive as hell.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:34 PM
wamuboy714

Along with big_gixx, I do agree that they are good wheels, but definitely not worth paying $3K for a set of wheels. If you're paying $3K for a set of Sevas wheels, you're getting ripped off. I own my retail wheel company and I can definitely get you a cheaper price than anyone out there in the west coast. I've seen the wheels in person, and stock some of the also, and our customers have loved the looks of these wheels. The chrome lip on some of the wheels have been the absolutely selling tool. Aftermarket wheels usually don't have the chrome lips, so Sevas wheels definitely stand out in that retrospect.
The weight of the wheels are little more Volks and Work wheels, but you can't compare the prices and availability of Sevas Wheels. If anyone is interested in these wheels... call me @ 7146720550 and I'll beat anyone's prices, but I can't promise to sound as good as big_gixx!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Look at the weight of the wheels. They are like 30 lbs a piece. That means they are heavier and larger than the stock wheels. You will lose performance and gas mileage but you will have some shiny wheels.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 AM
big gixx

afaik your comparing two separate markets.

volk's business model follows form and function over look, a race wheel.

you cant compare that to sevas's wheels which target a different consumer.
and they are not vastly overweighted in the slightest compared to any other cast wheel manufacturer. complaining about the weight of a 20''x10 wheel just bothers me for some reason... if you want light performance wheels then get some 18''s. volks being a good, albeit expensive choice.

ask yourself, will the girls that break neck watching you roll by say something like
"lol check out that z those 20's must be like 50 lbs"

and fyi ive seen some of the new 3 piece forged wheels sevas is lining up to release, some badass **** that might just impress a few volk enthusiasts.
and yes, light weight is a priority. some one off rims for some porche's down here are getting trial sets as we speak. possibly pictures incoming... if my boy lets me.

Last edited by big gixx; 08-05-2007 at 05:59 AM.