Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

F@&$ Your Lip!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
What a stupid thread....As usual someone feels left out ands then lashes out..Grow the *** up....Why not just start a thread about rims without lips instead of this juvenile crap......Oh and btw just to **** on this stupid thread and get on your level take this Friends dont let friends drive cars with rims with no lips....Its uncivilized...

PS I love most of the rims shown in this thread just not the reason for this idiot thread title...
Grow up, say the one posting this. lol. Im sorry your mad that you have 50 lb wheels and your car barely moves.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
dubbzdiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all just a matter of opinion. I like both, but I have a fat lip on my car, SSR SP1 Professors with a 4" lip 19" wheels. If I had a track set up, I'd want something with out a lip like a Volk TE-37 or something similar, maybe even a Work wheel. The lip is more bling bling though, gets more attention, people are always snappin' their necks tryin' to get a peek when I drive by.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
They should have the expletive thing so that if you highlight the fucking swear word it shows the word. Like those kids books where you write over the blank spaces with the magic pen.
corrected
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by dubbzdiggler
It's all just a matter of opinion. I like both, but I have a fat lip on my car, SSR SP1 Professors with a 4" lip 19" wheels. If I had a track set up, I'd want something with out a lip like a Volk TE-37 or something similar, maybe even a Work wheel. The lip is more bling bling though, gets more attention, people are always snappin' their necks tryin' to get a peek when I drive by.
Agreed. I had Hiros before these. 9.5 and 10.5 had about a 3.5" rear lip. Looked awesome, but in changing to the Works my car feels so much lighter on it's feet.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Big lips = big WEIGHT..... Lightness FTMFW.

How do you figure that a bigger lip = bigger weight?

If you have a 19x10.5" wheel with a big lip and a 19x10.5" with no lip, both wheels have spokes and both wheels are 10.5" wide.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Usually big lips are associated with more bling and therefore are heavier. Also they are usually polished and are made differently than say the Emotions I have now vs the Hiro's that I used to have. Feel free to prove me wrong. The Axis Reverbs are light, but I don't think they are as light as the Emotions. Perhaps the TE37's in 18's are about as light, but their lip really isnt that big.

Just because 2 wheels are the same overall size with the same amount of spokes doesn't mean they weight the same.

Plus for what I use my car for there's no reason to have a bigger wheel than 9.5". Any bigger and your losing performance, but props for show points on bigger wheels.

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 04-24-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
DBTRACK

Usually big lips are associated with more bling and therefore are heavier. Also they are usually polished and are made differently than say the Emotions I have now vs the Hiro's that I used to have. Feel free to prove me wrong. The Axis Reverbs are light, but I don't think they are as light as the Emotions. Perhaps the TE37's in 18's are about as light, but their lip really isnt that big.

Just because 2 wheels are the same overall size with the same amount of spokes doesn't mean they weight the same.

Plus for what I use my car for there's no reason to have a bigger wheel than 9.5". Any bigger and your losing performance, but props for show points on bigger wheels.

So....I guess my VOLK GTS 19x10.5 with the HUGE 4-5 inch lip is heavy and slow.... gimme a break, and I suppose cause its 10.5 I have lost performance....get you head outta your ***
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DBTRACK
So....I guess my VOLK GTS 19x10.5 with the HUGE 4-5 inch lip is heavy and slow.... gimme a break, and I suppose cause its 10.5 I have lost performance....get you head outta your ***
Having a wider rim means you have wider tires, both of which equal more weight. You may get more grip with the wider tires, but larger rims and heavier weight means more rotational mass, which does hurt your performance.

In regards to the original poster, to each his own. I like concavity myself, but sometimes a fat lip looks real good.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 AM
SnakeBitten

Grow up, say the one posting this. lol. Im sorry your mad that you have 50 lb wheels and your car barely moves.
OOOOhhh...Nice post...Did this take you a few hours to come up with...Pretty pointless....

You are talking out your azz in your other posts anyway as many racecars have lips on there rims...Lips dont necessarily mean more weight..

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 04-25-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:08 AM
gsracer

Who cares about what the thread title reads. I like the no lip and the big lip look and rock both. The lexus has the big lip and the nissan rocks the RE30s. There should be a thread that says Fck your weak offsets!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
OOOOhhh...Nice post...Did this take you a few hours to come up with...Pretty pointless....

You are talking out your azz in your other posts anyway as many racecars have lips on there rims...Lips dont necessarily mean more weight..
Where do I talk out my azz? Show me please, I would be glad to appoligize for stuff I said wrong. Also, I said "GENERALLY" big lips mean more weight, so take the time to read what I say before commenting. Also, I would love to be proved wrong, but no one has taken the time to prove anything, they just talk crap. This thread isn't about arguing, it's about posting pics. If you want to argue, PM me, but don't due so till you have taken the time to prove that my wheels are heavier than the same size wheel with a big lip. GENERALLY, my wheel will be lighter. I wonder what the Reverbs weigh? I know they are somewhat light.

To each his own, I have had both kinds of wheels and I have found my Emotions with Kuhmo MX tires to preform way better than anything else I have had. I would never go back to 19's unless i was showing.

ON WITH THE PICS.....

Originally Posted by gsracer
Who cares about what the thread title reads. I like the no lip and the big lip look and rock both. The lexus has the big lip and the nissan rocks the RE30s. There should be a thread that says Fck your weak offsets!
Post pics, I was thinking about getting those cause EVERYONE has the emotions now.

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 04-25-2007 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 AM
gsracer

The RE30s are going on my S13 - here are some pics thus far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ason/SR029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ason/SR028.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ason/SR022.jpg

The big lipped lex:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Laguna050.jpg
Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Ohhh nice. The RE30's even have a lip, just not huge. What are the sizes and what are the weights? They are forged or cast or what?

I had an S14 with big plans, but sold it for way more than i paid for it, plus the Z takes the front seat when it comes to modding. I'll have a nice S14 some day, just not very needed right now for me at the moment.

Those HRE's on the Lex? Hotness.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
gsracer

Ohhh nice. The RE30's even have a lip, just not huge. What are the sizes and what are the weights? They are forged or cast or what?

I had an S14 with big plans, but sold it for way more than i paid for it, plus the Z takes the front seat when it comes to modding. I'll have a nice S14 some day, just not very needed right now for me at the moment.

Those HRE's on the Lex? Hotness.
They have a little lip-the pics show the 18x9.5 fronts. The wheels on the Lexus are iForged. I think there is another member that listed the RE30s weights - I am not sure, but they are light.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadySi
Lips look good, but I think that they can be a bit played out after a while.

How can having a lip be played out?

Some people rather have custom wheels that are MORE than one piece. This naturally leads to having a lip if you want your offsets to push your wheel to the fender.

Single piece, multi-piece lip or no lip, having a weak offset is THE sin.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

^^^Poopy offsets FTL. I think the +22 on my Emotions are just about right. Perhaps a rolled fender with a +17 would be better, but for the wheels I got +22 is the best they make. Maybe I'll get ballsy and throw a 5mm on there and see how things go THINKING....

They have a little lip-the pics show the 18x9.5 fronts. The wheels on the Lexus are iForged. I think there is another member that listed the RE30s weights - I am not sure, but they are light.
Yeah I would probably go with the 8.5 and 9.5 setup with a good size tire. I will have to look into it. May be my next purchase.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
gsracer

^^^Poopy offsets FTL. I think the +22 on my Emotions are just about right. Perhaps a rolled fender with a +17 would be better, but for the wheels I got +22 is the best they make. Maybe I'll get ballsy and throw a 5mm on there and see how things go THINKING....

Yeah I would probably go with the 8.5 and 9.5 setup with a good size tire. I will have to look into it. May be my next purchase.
Noooo...go with the largest width combo you can get!!! That's just my opinion though. The RE30s on my s13 are 9.5 front and 10.5 rear with 265s on the front and 295s on the rear.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Noooo...go with the largest width combo you can get!!! That's just my opinion though. The RE30s on my s13 are 9.5 front and 10.5 rear with 265s on the front and 295s on the rear.
True, but I might save the weight with 8.5 and 9.5. If the weight isn't too bad I'll go with bigger. All depends on what offset they offer. I would love a 265 and 295 tire, but it might be a tad overkill since in NA.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
widebody350

lol I guess you'll love mine. 19x12.5 in the rear with a 6.25" lip and a 19x11 with a 5" lip up front...275 in the front and 345s in the rear.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM
mario23

Its not about lip or no lip...
Its about construction, overall size and weight, durability....
There are real nice wheels on both sides and to each his own.
No reason for thread title that straight out bashes.
Nice wheels by the way.

Quick Reply: F@&$ Your Lip!