Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

F@&$ Your Lip!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsracer
This thread is hilarious. Does the lip summarily determine weight? It is the construction of the wheel, materials, size and width that determines the weight.

I run a one piece wheel on the Solo2 car, but if I were to do any roadracing, I would be more inclined to run a three piece forged wheel so that I could change offsets, widths etc...also, when the lip is damaged you change it out without replacing the entire wheel.

The most common race wheels are not volk or work, although volk 1 piece wheels may be very common in SuperGT. From what I see, the wheels used in the United States are CCW, BBS, Fikse, and Forgeline.
All great wheels, but for the weekend racer like myself, way out of my price range for a wheel. For now my emotions will have to work.

I was looking at some of the wheels you mentioned, and none of the sites have offset or weights for the wheel. That makes me mad. I heard somewhere my wheels weigh around 20-22lbs. I would really like to get another set of wheels either for daily driving or for track, just don't know what ones yet and what wheels to make my track wheels, plus im not sure I want to spend the money lol.

What wheel would you suggest for the track? Something around 20 or less lbs.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I embraced big lips and flexible offsets from day one.

It's one of the few things that the Z can distinguish itself from all the other 30k dollar and below imports.

I mean even the RSX (Best car in the world) cannot house a big lip without serious fender/ widebody work. That speaks volumes!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 PM
nzpv03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO....**** yo life... jk
Old 04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
gsracer

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
All great wheels, but for the weekend racer like myself, way out of my price range for a wheel. For now my emotions will have to work.

I was looking at some of the wheels you mentioned, and none of the sites have offset or weights for the wheel. That makes me mad. I heard somewhere my wheels weigh around 20-22lbs. I would really like to get another set of wheels either for daily driving or for track, just don't know what ones yet and what wheels to make my track wheels, plus im not sure I want to spend the money lol.

What wheel would you suggest for the track? Something around 20 or less lbs.
All the wheels listed offer custom offsets. Just call them up and they will build it for you.

For the track, I would go Enkei RPFO1 - a good lightweight wheel for a cheap price. If you want the best forged monoblock wheel, then go Volk - but then there is a price to pay.

BTW, what wheels are you running and in what sizes?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:15 PM
AbsolutSpeedZ

Originally Posted by DBTRACK
So....I guess my VOLK GTS 19x10.5 with the HUGE 4-5 inch lip is heavy and slow.... gimme a break, and I suppose cause its 10.5 I have lost performance....get you head outta your ***
I'm here to back you up, I also havethe VOLK GT-S wheels. The bad *** look i have with a 10.5 rear wheel, the strangers and girls who come up and compliment me on my wheels is worth losing a tenth of a second on my 0-60 time.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 PM
SnakeBitten

Are we still going on about this. For real. BTW Im still waiting on you to prove to me on the other posts I talk out my azz. Also, im sorry but I find it really hard to believe a wheel of your size is 26lbs. Now I might be wrong, and I will apologized if I am, but just telling me this is not proof.

Which makes me think, wonder how much mine weigh? Im going to have to figure that out.

I didn't make the thread title, have a nice day as well.
You still want to fight about nonsense???I let it go just stated some additional thoughts...didnt think you would take it as anm argument...The stuff about lips deffinately meaning more weight arent necessarily true thats what I believe I was referin to you talking out your azz Ive seen many race cars with huge lips...Trust me they are **** about weight especially unsprung weight so they wouldnt use it if it were monstrously heavy like you think.....BTW go to Iforged website and take a look at my rim sizes and you will see the weights are in the 20's...Like I said the type of material and manner of forging/making has more to do with a rims weight than if it has a lip or is concave.......This is not a fight

They took the wheel weight chart off the Iforged site ....But I remember the weights of 19x10 Senekas was 24lbs and 20x10 was 26lbs as those were the two sizes I was looking at....If I had the time I would try to hunt down that chart as you are not the first person that cant understand how a rim this big could be this light...Its all in the forging process....Ive seen concave rims waaaay heavier than this....Just trying to shed some light on the subject of lip vs concave vs weight....

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 04-27-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who cares really, its all personal preference.

All that matters is THE PROPER ****ING OFFSET. period.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
cubu

i dunno, i like both types of rims but i wouldn't get rims just for a fat lip. if they were lighter then they'd be more appealing. if i had a mercede's or bmw big body coupe or sedan, a fat lip is a must
Old 04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
gsracer

Someone start a thread on gangster offsets!!!! Now that would be interesting. I want to see someone do a custom sheetmetal flare.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

hahaha at this thread. Leave the lips to Angelina

concavity FTW:

And those Bee*s are awesome.

Its just funny how one post can get way out of text. O well kids will be kids
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
first350

oohhh, me too:

older pics:

Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
You still want to fight about nonsense???I let it go just stated some additional thoughts...didnt think you would take it as anm argument...The stuff about lips deffinately meaning more weight arent necessarily true thats what I believe I was referin to you talking out your azz Ive seen many race cars with huge lips...Trust me they are **** about weight especially unsprung weight so they wouldnt use it if it were monstrously heavy like you think.....BTW go to Iforged website and take a look at my rim sizes and you will see the weights are in the 20's...Like I said the type of material and manner of forging/making has more to do with a rims weight than if it has a lip or is concave.......This is not a fight

They took the wheel weight chart off the Iforged site ....But I remember the weights of 19x10 Senekas was 24lbs and 20x10 was 26lbs as those were the two sizes I was looking at....If I had the time I would try to hunt down that chart as you are not the first person that cant understand how a rim this big could be this light...Its all in the forging process....Ive seen concave rims waaaay heavier than this....Just trying to shed some light on the subject of lip vs concave vs weight....
I never said definitely, I said generally. Im looking into some different rims now and most of the ones im looking at have a lip, nothing too huge, but something just right. Im loving some of BBS and Volks, it's just a matter of finding them in the right size and offset while keeping weight as low as possible. Another point is that a lot of performance has to do with the right size of wheel and tire.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:31 AM
SnakeBitten

I never said definitely, I said generally. Im looking into some different rims now and most of the ones im looking at have a lip, nothing too huge, but something just right. Im loving some of BBS and Volks, it's just a matter of finding them in the right size and offset while keeping weight as low as possible. Another point is that a lot of performance has to do with the right size of wheel and tire.
true...good luck on your choice
Old 04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
SS728

hm...no lip eh?

Old 04-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Fuck yo couch!! All you lip haters!!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

More Pics Fools.........
Old 04-29-2007, 04:09 PM
WalkerT
Professional

That silverstone in the first post is HOT ....oh thats mine

Here is the rest of them - https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=p45r+rotas

CONCAVE baby
Old 04-29-2007, 06:42 PM
engiNERD350Z

Ohhh, me three! =)
Attached Thumbnails F@&$ Your Lip!-c.jpg   F@&$ Your Lip!-g.jpg  
Old 05-02-2007, 06:02 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

The big lip post is getting more attention.... Where's all my concave guys at????
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
PhxBlue

Big lips = big WEIGHT..... Lightness FTMFW.
Your car is sweet! Love those CR Kai's. Good work (no pun intended).

Quick Reply: F@&$ Your Lip!