Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

DEciding on a wheel for SS Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM
joe645733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEciding on a wheel for SS Z

hey guys whats up. ive been looking for manybe like, 3 straight weeks for wheels...wanna buy them asap! but such a hard decision.

u guys have any opinions on wheels that would look good on a SS Z? i want more a mesh look to the wheel u know? u guys dont have to go out of ur way of posting pics if u dont want to, but just throw me some wheels or something. price isnt really a problem with me right now on the wheel.

i was looking at the SF-Winning wheel. but do they come in any other colors?

and as far as sizes, im kinda new in the sizing subject.

but would 19x11 flush good with the body?? and i the +17 number at the end of offsets, is that the lip size? can u choose what size lip u want? just for an example, whats the lowest and the highest? and is it the lower the number, the larger the lip? just give me a couple of quick answers if u guys could, and ill get it right away. thanks guys.

and im ok on the tire sizing, i know that pretty well. but would a 305 tire be nice lookin?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
nothingremains

ive been tryin to get people to anwser this for a while...
Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay here we go again guys. The answers to your questions are all over this forum but I'll be nice and make it easy on you guys:

they guys whats up. ive been looking for manybe like, 3 straight weeks for wheels...wanna buy them asap! but such a hard decision.

u guys have any opinions on wheels that would look good on a SS Z? i want more a mesh look to the wheel u know? u guys dont have to go out of ur way of posting pics if u dont want to, but just throw me some wheels or something. price isnt really a problem with me right now on the wheel.
i was looking at the SF-Winning wheel. but do they come in any other colors?

Just to throw some out...Works and BBS for high end. Maybe Racing Hart and ADRs for more budget. I've always like this site:

www.zmodified.com.

Yes, SF Winnings also in gold, diamond black, gunmetal...etc. Ask a vendor and they will be able to tell you the full range.

and as far as sizes, im kinda new in the sizing subject.

but would 19x11 flush good with the body??

Depends on the offset

and i the +17 number at the end of offsets, is that the lip size?
19x11 with a +17 offset will push the wheels past the fenders.

can u choose what size lip u want?

Yes and No. Lip size is determined by the offset. Lower the offset bigger the lip.

just for an example, whats the lowest and the highest?

depends on the wheel application. Each wheel has it's max and min range that the manufacture will carry. Look at the application charts for the wheels you are wanting to get.

and is it the lower the number, the larger the lip?

Yes

just give me a couple of quick answers if u guys could, and ill get it right away. thanks guys.

and im ok on the tire sizing, i know that pretty well. but would a 305 tire be nice lookin?

You obviously don't know your tire applications or you wouldn't be asking this question. If you want 19x11s there is only a small offset range that will allow you to clear your fenders without rolling or cutting. Each tire and wheel have a min and max range for the other. For example a 11" wheel you better be running a 295 or higher. As for nice looking that is subjective but with the wheel width you are going for you have no choice in that matter.

Now stop being a NOOB and search. I have answered all your questions correctly.

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 05-04-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
joe645733

JDM - yes, u have answered all of my questions and thanks alot. the only thing i didnt understand is the words people use on the threads. thats why i wanted like, an example u know? but ya, i couldnt really know what anyones talking about if i didnt know any of the terms people use for wheels and all. thanks alot bro. continue being a maC