Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

mynismo.com (performance nissan) SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Tubbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Don't blame Performance Nissan. Blame yourself. Before I order online, I contact the vendor first to make sure the item is in stock. If not, I inquire when the item will be available. I then decide if waiting is acceptable for me. If not, I check with other vendors.

I've never had any problems ordering from Performance Nissan. As a matter of fact, I was in the same situation as you. I ordered the H&R spacers last year and they were backordered. They told when they will be available. When they arrived, they were shipped next day air, at no additional cost so I can have the spacers the next day for the install. Shipping cost was probably over $100, more than the spacers themselves, but Performance Nissan delivered as promised (without me paying an extra penny). Now, that's service.
It would be nice to order online without worrying if the product is in stock, though. It's a pain in the *** to have to always call a vendor. Especially since I'm in Canada. If I were to order from someplace such as amazon, I wouldn't expect to have to call beforehand, or be blamed for not calling. What's the point of a website if you have to call, anyhow? And this isn't just for mynismo.com, but all vendors.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Tubbs
It would be nice to order online without worrying if the product is in stock, though. It's a pain in the *** to have to always call a vendor. Especially since I'm in Canada. If I were to order from someplace such as amazon, I wouldn't expect to have to call beforehand, or be blamed for not calling. What's the point of a website if you have to call, anyhow? And this isn't just for mynismo.com, but all vendors.
Good example. Amazon also has this issue. You can order from them, but they will not always tell you if something is out of stock. I have ordered personally on several different occasions from them and have had to call to find out that something wasn't available that clearly stated online it was. Online business is for the ease of the customer ONLY. Having a site is a lot of work for any business.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
vaughn1576

I'm a bit torn on this one. I like Performance Nissan for their selection, but the customer service was not so good. I placed a pretty large order, so they called me pretty promptly to verify payment with my credit card, but they neglected to tell me several items were out of stock (like my grill for my bumper and headlight overlays that I never received)

They kept telling me they would send them and never did. I spoke with several people in person at a meet (including Andy and Jason) and they said they would ship when they arrived in stock. I called them also. Phone correspondence was like the OP had described...poor.

It had been so long that I forgot about the stuff I had ordered. The things they didn't ship were pretty minor compared to the rest of my order, so I guess that's why I didn't worry about it. I could have followed up more. I just had more important things to worry about at the time. That was pretty bad anyway compared to some other places, though not the worst.

That being said... the place can be a one-stop shop and I would probably order from them again based on that. I’m sure they realize that.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by mcurry5
most websites that I have EVER bought items from lists whether the item is in stock or on back order. These are companies that do a lot more volume than Performance Nissan. Whats the reason for the online ordering if you have to call them and get voicemails, wait for people to call you back ect... Cmon their are online companies that do this everyday. Dont have a website if your not going to run it!!!! If they would have told me when I first talked to them 3 days ago that they were on back order I would have looked elsewhere. But they didnt. They said we should know in a few days where the parts are.

Is their a way to call Eibach or H&R directly to get the parts?

Z-U-Later, yeah thats the ticket. Its the customers fault that they dont tell you things are on backorder. HMMMM, Not good business to blame the customer because a company cant run a website. WOW
Not all websites have the software to track inventory on real-time basis. This topic has been discussed before -- case closed. Quit whining about them, go somewhere else.

If I am a customer wanting an item at a certain time, you bet I will take a couple of minutes to call or email the vendor for availability. If you knew the online information does not track availability, don't blame the vendor for assuming that it is on stock (or their online system of being inefficient). If you're too lazy to find out the status of an item, don't blame the company if you find out later that it's backordered.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

If the site has an Item Availability note (i.e. in-stock or out-of-stock) on their order page then they should be held to that. If it's just a shopping cart with no indication of item availability, then it's up to the consumer to verify.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Bump for Andy, I've never had a problem getting a hold of him. I've ordered several parts from Performance, and before ordering always call to check availability and have always been satisfyied w/ their service.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I could go both ways on this one. On one hand, I agree that it is generally a good idea to talk to an actual human to see if parts are in stock, make sure the company is legit, etc. before ordering. On the other hand, if the part is not in stock (i.e. not available to be expedite shipped) then the option to pay extra for expedited shipping is irrelevant and should not be offered to the Customer. The Terms and Conditions are convenient because it covers the company in case something like this happens. They probably weighed the options of paying a guy to constantly update the site vs. the lost sale of one or two disgruntled customers here or there, and decided that a blanket statement in the T&C's would get them by. I would say so far that it has. I personally do not have a problem (or any personal experience) with Perf. Nissan and I think they do a great job here on the site as far as representing. However I must also say that although I do tend to call a company before placing an order online, I rarely (if ever) read that company's terms and conditions of sale.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its common for performance retailers to sell items that they do not have. I always include a note with my order:

If you cannot ship on or before (date) cancel my order.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
cessna

I once blamed PN for a wrong. They made it right promptly
Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 PM
gNaRKiLL

Yeah this whole thread is bullshi t, I am getting tired of seeing all these threads about impatient people not getting their part the next day.

When you smear a vendor like this you are costing them alot of money just because you didnt get your 100 dollar part in 3 days.

They are a dealership did you try calling the dealership and then having them page someone who could help you out? Maybe someone isnt manning the desk all day long who knows quit crying like a baby.

They refunded your money didnt they? And like others have said you pay for 3 day shipping, that doesnt mean it will be at your door in 3 days.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
People should really start reading the "Terms & Conditions" page on our site. It clearly states, "Most items offered on the website are in stock, but we advise all buyers to contact us to check availability on items to avoid any discrepencies with orders. Any part that is not in stock has a GENERAL turn around time of being received by Performance Nissan Parts direct from the manufacturer within 7-10 business days."

http://www.mynismo.com/info/?id=2207

+1 always check before you buy...

Performance Nissan FTW!

I fail to see how a "backordered item" translates to "performance nissan sucks"?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
+1 always check before you buy...

Performance Nissan FTW!

I fail to see how a "backordered item" translates to "performance nissan sucks"?
Exactly. Please close this bogus thread.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
mcurry5

This is funny, I dont know what you people call good service. When I ordered parts for my bike ie.. exhaust, power commander, shocks, ect.. it came within 3 business days from the time I placed the order. Thats what you pay the extra charge for, no ????? And I did call the dealer, half the time I got someone who had no clue what was going on. When I did get a hold of someone they told me on Tuesday that the parts would be in on Friday and shipped ASAP. I get a call today telling me the parts will not be in for over a month. So it took them 9 days total to figure out that the parts would not be in for a month. That to me is bad business.

If I placed an order for some parts and they called me in a couple of days saying they are on backorder and it will be a month that would have been fine. But when I 1st spoke with someone after numerous calls and voicemails(about 3 days after I placed the order) They specifically said Friday the parts will be in. Now to me that means they have no clue what is going on with their vendors or they dont have enough people to deal with the volume they get. Either way I dont believe its the customers fault.

I didnt even bring this up, but 2 hours after placing the order for spacers I called the dealership and told them I wanted to add some floor mats to the order so I wouldnt be charged an extra shipping fee. They said no, that I would have to cancel my initial order and reorder everything at once. I asked well why cant I order them over the phone and you take off the shipping charge for the mats. They again said no.

All this says to me is that either they are to busy to care about one guy or they are not organized when it comes to managing a their orders.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:41 PM
mcurry5

If you think I am making this up, "bogus thread" call them and ask, They will no exactly who I am as I have let them know about how I didnt like the way they process their orders. I think threads like this need to be out there. As a consumer I want all the info I can get good or bad about companies. I am pretty sure this is NOT an isolated case with them. It never is. So you can think its bogus or not, but it is how I was dealt with.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
mcurry5

The TECH, you are completely missing the point. Its not a case of a backordered item. Its how they run their website and process orders. Like I said, if they called me after the order was placed and told me hey sorry about the confusion, but these items are on backorder and it will be about a month. I would have been fine with that. But they gave me the run around either on purpose or by their lack of organization.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:51 PM
mcurry5

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ormance+nissan

By the looks of that thread, PN has a propensity for this. I guess I am not the only one that had that same problem.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 PM
GhostFace

Performance Nissan got my item to me with the quickness, +1 for them!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
punch10

Mayb through this thread, mynismo will improve their website process for updating orders etc...no organization is perfect.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was in Arizona a month ago, I called Andy to see if the Project Mu NS brake pads in stock, before placing an order... he said he did, and I waited a few days to put in an order on-line.

I waited for my order for a couple days, and when it did not arrive in the normal alotted time, I contacted Andy again by phone. They ran out of the NS pads in the few days I procrastinated to put the order in. He promptly sent the more expensive B-Force pads for the price of the NS pads.

That's what I call customer service.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
mcurry5

I guess its who you know over there that makes all the difference.

Quick Reply: mynismo.com (performance nissan) SUCKS