Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

MAIDO 20" GR5s and Pirelli P-Zero Rosso

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 10:57 AM
TriX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baby Z
There are no doubt about the LOOK of your rims...
I only have 2 words "BliNG BliNG"..!!!
Good to hear about the positive performance & handling u get from a set of 20"
Nice mod
you are joking about the bling bling comment right? unless you are refering to the cost.

anyways i never expected 20's to look this good. still actually maintains a very sporty look. god damn SWEETNESS!!
Old 05-20-2003, 11:44 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, nearly $6K just for wheels! Looks good, enjoy!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:56 AM
damen

Thumbs up

very nice!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:18 AM
ZEXC-33

very very nice. I saw those wheels on a silver Z from some Sema pics.

I too agree that that wheel is cleaner and alot nicer looking than the GTC. IMO the GTC is too busy a design for a non kitted Z, those Maidos r elegant and have just replaced my favourite alloy in mind, the Zenetti Mystik.

Good stuff!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by Rob Nance
Is it just me or does everyone on this board "get a deal" on their rims and they can't talk about it? Am I the only one who doesn't have some rim/tire hookup, or are there a bunch of resellers BSing people telling them "Look man, I'm gonna hook you up, because I like you..." and people are believing these lines?
They just like to make it seem like their wheels are uber expensive.

I got some 22" wheels and tire for my truck for $2600, but I see exact same thing on the internet for $3800.

All I did was go to Discount Tire, what a hookup.

Now I could try and be cool and say I paid $4k for them, but I think people like this guy seem silly when they quote some price nobody would ever pay, instead of just saying what they actually paid. I mean nobody gets anything below cost, so what's the big deal?

Reminds me of the guy at my work who has some name brand 24's on his Escalade and says they were "custom made" because they had to make the wheels. A lot of wheels aren't made until you order them, especially in 24". I mean my billets were made to order, and I don't go around saying they were "custom made".

People are goofy with car stuff.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:55 AM
black300zx

WOW that looks awesome! Congrats on the new rims/tires, very agressive yet classy.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Ralphus
...Now I could try and be cool and say I paid $4k for them, but I think people like this guy seem silly when they quote some price nobody would ever pay, instead of just saying what they actually paid. I mean nobody gets anything below cost, so what's the big deal?[/B]
I will go easy here as I generally don't like to get into pissing matches and instead try to focus on the benefits of this forum (plus you complimented me on the wheels and the grill!), but when I see the phrase "this guy seem silly" I feel I must respond.

Do a little research into the term "sponsorship". The only reason I couldn't answer the question of how much they cost me is because they didn't cost me anything. Hmmm, I guess maybe I did get them a little below cost after all!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Ralphus

Who sponsors you that you get free wheels?

And BTW, way to edit the original message.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:21 PM
synth19

Default funniest post today....

First of all, wheels are ****!!!!!! But, are you joking???? LOL! "The car feels faster with those wheels!" hahahhaaah........ they have to be OVER 30lbs...not to mention the rotational intertia.

Originally posted by Anyone2u
The wheels did not add any noticeable weight and it actually feels a little faster. I seriously wish I could let everyone drive this car with this setup so you could compare it. The difference in performance and handling is nothing short of incredible.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:59 PM
bz8

Looks good. But can you even turn with those, your tires must hit the side walls every time you turn.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Default Re: funniest post today....

Originally posted by synth19
First of all, wheels are ****!!!!!! But, are you joking???? LOL! "The car feels faster with those wheels!" hahahhaaah........ they have to be OVER 30lbs...not to mention the rotational intertia.
Well, you caught me. All I can do is hold my head in shame. But please, let me try and defend myself. Following is my initial response in regard to the question of wheel weight (I copied it just in case something like this happened):
Originally posted by Anyone2u
Heavy? I think these wheels must be made out of lead and the tires must be pure rubber! I actually leave trench marks in the road wherever I drive and my driveway is completely trashed! Add to the equation rotational intertia and I couldn't even beat a Sherman tank!
Well, my "sponsors" (they constantly read all of my posts) immediately called my cell phone and demanded that I delete that post and makeup something that would make people want to buy the tires and rims. Otherwise they would take them back and put the 17s back on!

Look, do you really think a 16 year old ice cream girl would talk to a guy with 17 inch wheels? No way! Since I've installed them, I now get invited to parties that I didn't even know existed. All of a sudden people respect me. Yeah, I was weak and I fell to corporate pressure. I can only hope that when your record label says "your songs are OK, but we just want to make a couple of changes" that you are a stronger man than I was and say NO....

Seriously, my friend that hooked me up with the tires and wheels has driven the car before (with the 17s) and after (with the 20s)and he too felt it was "faster". I suppose it's dependant upon what your definition of faster is also (great, I'm sounding like Clinton ). I'm more concerned with taking a cloverleaf at 90 mph than I am with how fast it is "off the line". Obviously when you add three inches of rim and a wider tire, physics will prevail. I've got ~20 pounds of stereo equipment and as much as I weigh, I'm always going to win a weight contest.

As far as the tire hitting the side walls when turning the wheels, it has never happened.

Last edited by Anyone2u; 05-23-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:12 PM
raceboy
Banned

Congratulations, your Z looks like an SUV now. All IMHO of course.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Sure took you long enough Steve!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:55 PM
dreamznblu

Default Grill

Looks awesome!!! 6 g's that is a pretty penny though so my baby will never see them . It's been a while since I've brought a smile to a 16 yr old girl's face, that is a great benefit in of itself. Your grill is sick too, where did you get that? I think I might be able to handle that one
Old 05-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Rob Nance

This thread makes my head hurt. Maybe I'm to tired, but I am now very confused
Old 07-01-2003, 07:37 PM
ZEXC-33

Anyone2u can u tell me where u bought those alloys from???

Im from Aus and cannot find a dealer here that stock Maido wheels. Ive looked online but could only find this place http://www.infinite-motorsports.com/...&mdlid=112.htm

They advertise the cost of the wheels at only $590 each compared to ur $900 quote, so im unsure if theyre the right ones. Also im clueless over this whole offset thing, what exactly does the offset number represent? I think i will just go the same width and offset as u. My car will have the Brembo brake package, will that affect the offset??

Can ne1 help me out, thanks
Old 07-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Check with Dazz Motorsports (1-626-962-0033) as they handle this line. Since I didn't actually purchase them, I did a Google search and the first place that listed a price in that size was RacerWheel.com (ie $708 + $270 for the 10.5 rears). As far as the price discrepancy, it is more than likely the difference between the single piece and the three piece construction (mine are 3 piece). In regard to the brake clearance, I would check with whomever you get your wheels from as I don't have Brembos and would hate to give you the wrong information. I'm sure that just about anyone else on this board could answer your question. Good luck!