Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Michelin vs Pirelli - tire size effect on TCS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 10:28 AM
zzzya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin vs Pirelli - tire size effect on TCS

I have been trying to decide on which tires to buy, either Michelin Pilot Sport A/S or Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S. Since I live in Iowa I need a good All Season tire with good handling and performance. The Pirelli tires are highly rated and much cheaper than the Michelins but only come in a 225/45/17 and 235/45/17. I have stock 17" wheels and want to stay with them but was not sure what effect the lower profile tire would have on the TCS system. Anyone out there with the Pirellis on who can speak to their performance and posible TCS issues?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 AM
DMONTE

I just had the pilot sport all season mounted on my car today. I was considering prelli tires also, traction control would not be a problem but the tiny doughnut size of the tires would look a little weird there is a considerable height difference between the two sizes.
VDC would be another story.

Just because tirerack is showing a better rating for the prelli's right now may not necessarily be so , much less miles traveled compared to the number of reviews on the Michelin.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:12 PM
zzzya

I did notice that the number of reviews was low on the Pirelli tires, but they are quite a bit less in cost than the Michelins. I guess I was just hoping that I could save a little cash for some more mods. I definately want a good performing tire though that I can use all year long and will pay the money for the Michelins if I have too. I had also considered going with a winter set of tires and a summer set, but that just gets even more exspensive and the Pilot Sport A/S tires seem to have great reviews in dry weather anyway.