Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

try to concentrate on the rims in this pic please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:59 AM
ZEXC-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woooooho the Zenetti Mystiks r fkn HOT!!!!

Ive been trying to find a dealer here in Aus that sells em, but no such luck, mite have to import them and pay the docks man his 35%

I really dont understand the constant comparisons of every wheel with Volks. Until i came to this forum i didnt even know what they were, the designs range from plain as (TE37) to over the top (GT7). I just alikened those type of alloys to riced up race style civics from Japan with metallic stickers and huge body add ons. Plz with the stickers and bronze/grey finish.....ahem naff! Just my opinion.

I agree that the showcar looked off, the offset has the front rims sticking out but the rears pushed in. I think thats because the wheels r too big, 20", and wanted to have the car sitting as low as possible. 19X8.5 seems more appropriate!

armanaid, could u post the link where u found that pic u posted first (the one with the hammered facia chick). Id love to c some more pics of that car.

Last edited by ZEXC-33; 05-30-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:30 AM
350Zwannabe

Default FUNNY

Funny, you don't like a conservative wheel like the TE37 yet you like UNCLE LUKES WHEELS!!!!!! CAN YOU SAY GHETTO................
Old 05-30-2003, 10:56 AM
armanid27

Default Re: come on...

Originally posted by 350Zwannabe
Come on bro, I'm still gonna rag on you since your representing my hood as well. YOU CAN NOT GET THOSE WHEELS!!! I ORDER YOU NOT TO DO IT! I still think your from Hialeah though.lol
Dude..you're funny man..I needed a good laugh in the middle of a stressful day today....

If its any consolation....I'm still "shopping around" for rims...these just happen to be in my top 10..I know, I know...you would not even qualify them....but I have to make a comparison....

BTW - left a VM to my Hialeah chic, this might turn out to be another interesting Friday night after all...hehe

Ok...so since you feel so strongly against these ZENNETTI rims, tell me, what would you recommend as top rims for a Touring Z fully loaded with/Nav
Old 05-30-2003, 11:21 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: come on...

Originally posted by armanid27

Ok...so since you feel so strongly against these ZENNETTI rims, tell me, what would you recommend as top rims for a Touring Z fully loaded with/Nav
ANYTHING NOT chrome nad between 18"-19" would be a great place to start.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:21 PM
350Zwannabe

Default Re: Re: come on...

[i]Originally posted by armanid27 [/
Ok...so since you feel so strongly against these ZENNETTI rims, tell me, what would you recommend as top rims for a Touring Z fully loaded with/Nav [/B]
Well, like Rod said only 18 or 19inch. Even though people like myself have had bad experiences with Iforged, I am still a fan of the designs and $$. I have not seen anyone yet with a set of Iforged 19 inch 3 piece SPRINT. There kinda like TE37s but have 7 spokes instead and have rivets. Check out the site. There on a new Audi A4. HOT!!! and there highly polished. So now you can have the Bling without the CashMoney players bothering you. I also LOVE the VOLK SF WINNING 19inch wheel.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:27 PM
MATIX

If you wanna put heavy *** chrome rims on yer ride, buy a navigator, not a sports car.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:14 PM
ZEXC-33

Originally posted by MATIX
If you wanna put heavy *** chrome rims on yer ride, buy a navigator, not a sports car.
Thats another thing im not understanding. How is a few extra kilos going to affect the handling/acceleration of the Z?!? Our own body weight varies more than that between us. I mean i can understand Porsche using hollow spokes on their 911 Turbo, but come on the Zs a different car....
Old 05-30-2003, 07:38 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by ZEXC-33
Thats another thing im not understanding. How is a few extra kilos going to affect the handling/acceleration of the Z?!? Our own body weight varies more than that between us. I mean i can understand Porsche using hollow spokes on their 911 Turbo, but come on the Zs a different car....
It has nothing to do with the overall weight of the car, the acceleration is affected because its going to take more power from the motor to actually spin the wheels...think of it this way, if you put on a heavy jacket that weighed 4 lbs, it wouldnt make too much of a difference for you to run in it, but if you added 4 lb weights to your shoes, it would be alot harder to run since that extra weight would make it alot harder to get your feet goin....do you get what im saying???

Last edited by MATIX; 05-30-2003 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:26 PM
armanid27

I guess you guys are right..chrome should be left for the (Cadillac Escalades (an SUV which I personally hate IMO, I'd rather get an H2) and not the Z's which is why I started considering getting this set:

AXIS SE7EN MOD - 19x8 & 20X10 on Toyo Proxes T1-S ---245/40/19 & 275/30/20.

whadaya think? Any comments on AXIS SE7EN wheels anyone?
Old 05-30-2003, 11:55 PM
ZEXC-33

MATIX i understand what ur saying, but i still dont think the slight extra weight is going to hinder performance that much. If ur planning to modify the hell out of the Z, or track it often then sure id endorse lighter alloys, but for me id b happier with the bigger sized alloys just for aesthetics.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:56 AM
joust75

YEs this slight amount of weight will make a difference!! Why do you think its so important to have lite rims? Not only that, but heavier rims are bad for handling. Wheels are part of what is known as unsprung weight. You give yourself wheels that are 5 pounds heavier than stock at each corner, you are going to feel a difference! In acceleration, handling and braking.

Think of how a rotating mass has inertia. More difficult to start and stop. 5 pounds extra weight is NOTHING on regular weight, but when its a rotating mass on your wheels or flywheels for that matter it saps performance.

19 volk TE 37s are around 21 to 23 pounds. Those Zenettis are probably 28 to 32 pounds. You line up two cars with these different wheels that are otherwise mechanically similar and the lighter wheels will win every time.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:06 AM
rodH

Originally posted by joust75
YEs this slight amount of weight will make a difference!! Why do you think its so important to have lite rims? Not only that, but heavier rims are bad for handling. Wheels are part of what is known as unsprung weight. You give yourself wheels that are 5 pounds heavier than stock at each corner, you are going to feel a difference! In acceleration, handling and braking.

Think of how a rotating mass has inertia. More difficult to start and stop. 5 pounds extra weight is NOTHING on regular weight, but when its a rotating mass on your wheels or flywheels for that matter it saps performance.

19 volk TE 37s are around 21 to 23 pounds. Those Zenettis are probably 28 to 32 pounds. You line up two cars with these different wheels that are otherwise mechanically similar and the lighter wheels will win every time.
very well said, this is one of hte main reasons I got me wheels without bolts/rivots (saved 7-8 pounds total) and got Toyos VS SO3s (saved another 15 lbs total). In all I saved about 9 pounds total going from stock touring wheels to my 19s with MUCH better tires and sizes.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:30 PM
joust75

I have admired your car for awhile. Clean and Classic looking and it is a setup unique to this site!

What do those babys weigh? (Since We are on the subject)
Old 05-31-2003, 11:37 PM
rodH

Originally posted by joust75
I have admired your car for awhile. Clean and Classic looking and it is a setup unique to this site!

What do those babys weigh? (Since We are on the subject)
I was stupid and failed to weigh them before I had them mounted (well, actually I picked them up and had them mounted at the same time), but the F w/tire was 49ish and rear was 56ish. VS 54.5 and 56.5 on the stock touring wheels and tires
Old 06-23-2003, 04:49 AM
TheJudge

Dude, I actually love those rims. They are the one's I think I am getting EXCEPT not chrome. Yes, they do make those not in chrome and they look great!

Search the web for zenetti and you'll find their site.

Also superbuytires.com to buy.

-J