Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
soclean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I love sc's! I wish I can find a clean one to fix up. Hard to find good clean ones nowadays..
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
angelzhope720

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I don't even know what this means.

..........takes breath.........

With that said, Royal, I don't hate your car......it looks pretty good, but it would look better with a proper tire.
actually his car would look pretty stock (lame) without his fitment. his fitment is what got him recognition, don't you get it? the difference from you and those into this style is that everyone else on this forum just buys whatever offsets vendors offer, slap some standard tire sizes on there, gets a standard drop and thinks it's that easy. well, it can be that easy if you want to be like everyone else. do you have any idea how much time and finesse goes into making a car hellaflush? how do you think we get wheels to fit like that? guess and check? think again. some of us (not all) actually sit in the garage with our z's and take a ruler out and measure to the closest mm what it takes in order to get the fitment you want. flush is a very subjective word and one man's flush is another man's sunk. however i think hellaflush has a good general description of what to expect which is why i get so pissed when people throw around that word like hotcakes. yes we realize how people can potentially think it's unsafe. however those that drift only run stretched tires and push their cars to the limits on the track burning rubber the entire way across the lap and i still haven't heard of anyone blowing their tires due to "tire failure." if you think about it, everything you do to a car is "unsafe." you think it's safe to double your horsepower with a turbo kit? a lot of turbo kits require you to remove the front reinforcement bar which is there in case you get into an accident. is that safe? what if your cold air intake sucks up water during heavy rain and your motor has more water than oil? what if there's an ambulance with the sirens on racing through the intersection but you were too busy listening to the beautiful sound of the VQ through your new shiny exhaust and end up hitting the ambulance and killing the already injured patient inside? that's not safe at all. my point is that from those of you saying that engineers spent many many hours into creating a safe tire for consumers to use, in retrospect, nissan engineers spent even more hours creating a car from the ground up perfecting it into the highly demanded production car it is today. why the hell do we mod it? isn't it unsafe? yeah probably, but we still do it anyway.

the wow factor in a car such as royal's is that some of us recognize all that work he did to make his wheel fit like that on his car. you can't just order random wheels and hope they are hellaflush cause it won't be. it requires exact offsets and measurements in combination with the correct tire sizes/camber you plan on running depending on how crazy you want it to look. i'm cheating by using spacers but it's STILL a pita cause now i gotta do one more step by finding the correct size. if royal put on some standard fitment wheels with a standard drop, do you think he would have gotten the recognition he did with his car? i've seen pictures of his car on practically every car forum i regularly follow and there's a reason for that, a reason in which you are apparently oblivious to care for or understand.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
actually his car would look pretty stock (lame) without his fitment. his fitment is what got him recognition, don't you get it? the difference from you and those into this style is that everyone else on this forum just buys whatever offsets vendors offer, slap some standard tire sizes on there, gets a standard drop and thinks it's that easy. well, it can be that easy if you want to be like everyone else. do you have any idea how much time and finesse goes into making a car hellaflush? how do you think we get wheels to fit like that? guess and check? think again. some of us (not all) actually sit in the garage with our z's and take a ruler out and measure to the closest mm what it takes in order to get the fitment you want. flush is a very subjective word and one man's flush is another man's sunk. however i think hellaflush has a good general description of what to expect which is why i get so pissed when people throw around that word like hotcakes. yes we realize how people can potentially think it's unsafe. however those that drift only run stretched tires and push their cars to the limits on the track burning rubber the entire way across the lap and i still haven't heard of anyone blowing their tires due to "tire failure." if you think about it, everything you do to a car is "unsafe." you think it's safe to double your horsepower with a turbo kit? a lot of turbo kits require you to remove the front reinforcement bar which is there in case you get into an accident. is that safe? what if your cold air intake sucks up water during heavy rain and your motor has more water than oil? what if there's an ambulance with the sirens on racing through the intersection but you were too busy listening to the beautiful sound of the VQ through your new shiny exhaust and end up hitting the ambulance and killing the already injured patient inside? that's not safe at all. my point is that from those of you saying that engineers spent many many hours into creating a safe tire for consumers to use, in retrospect, nissan engineers spent even more hours creating a car from the ground up perfecting it into the highly demanded production car it is today. why the hell do we mod it? isn't it unsafe? yeah probably, but we still do it anyway.

the wow factor in a car such as royal's is that some of us recognize all that work he did to make his wheel fit like that on his car. you can't just order random wheels and hope they are hellaflush cause it won't be. it requires exact offsets and measurements in combination with the correct tire sizes/camber you plan on running depending on how crazy you want it to look. i'm cheating by using spacers but it's STILL a pita cause now i gotta do one more step by finding the correct size. if royal put on some standard fitment wheels with a standard drop, do you think he would have gotten the recognition he did with his car? i've seen pictures of his car on practically every car forum i regularly follow and there's a reason for that, a reason in which you are apparently oblivious to care for or understand.
First off....Capitalization and punctuation fail. Secondly, I have none of those so called "safety hazards" you mentioned above. Thirdly, I was doing my best to stay out of your "hellaflush" thread. I was doing as Royal requested and letting bygones be bygones. I simply asked the question relevant to safety......I made no accusations. Too me....they are small and don't fit......that's my opinion. Drifting, in my mind, is a glorified burnout contest. Does it require skill, yes, but it isn't racing. Again, my opinion, and I realize others hold a very different one.

All this being said, I won't post in here any longer unless quoted . Be safe.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
angelzhope720

seems like you're being a lot more reasonable after your first garbage post. anyway i appreciate the honesty. that post wasn't just for you, it was for everyone and anyone who doesn't understand.

i'm an engineer for a reason. i has no engrish skillz.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glorified burnout session ? .......
Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM_Joe
Not as crazy as some of you but here is mine
[URL=http://img6.imageshack.us/i/jdm3d.jpg/]

My boy Joseph holdn it down.... You know you can't stop BRG baby!!!!

Angle,,, thanks for the kind words

03threefiftyz,,, your still cool in my book. We just have different opinions that's all
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
cow

JDM_Joe, I'm usually not a big fan of VSXX's on Z's & more often than not, I'm not a huge fan of the Amuse kit.

All that said, god damn, I love your car. Everything looks perfect. Excellent, excellent work.

I love this thread-- it's not my style & I'll never have a car that qualifies here, but it's really interesting to see other people's tastes & their mods.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
z33allme

Yes jospeh! You waited way to long to post your sexy ppw up In here!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
angelzhope720

vs-sex is more like it omg
Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
blue20051

what are your wheel specs?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Blackheart

HOLY JEEBUZ!!!!!!!!!1
makes me want to turn my silverstone into PPW!
JDM JOE you have great taste man.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
angelzhope720

please stop quoting his pictures omg..
Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Stardom

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
First off....Capitalization and punctuation fail. Secondly, I have none of those so called "safety hazards" you mentioned above. Thirdly, I was doing my best to stay out of your "hellaflush" thread. I was doing as Royal requested and letting bygones be bygones. I simply asked the question relevant to safety......I made no accusations. Too me....they are small and don't fit......that's my opinion. Drifting, in my mind, is a glorified burnout contest. Does it require skill, yes, but it isn't racing. Again, my opinion, and I realize others hold a very different one.

All this being said, I won't post in here any longer unless quoted . Be safe.
Jeez people still correct grammar and other crap on the internet...
Old 01-22-2010, 05:02 AM
cow

Originally Posted by Stardom
Jeez people still correct grammar and other crap on the internet...
Together, we can raise awareness to combat this horrible disease.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 AM
scoupe

Originally Posted by scotts300
Moderators have opinions, too. Mine just happen to agree with the tire engineers who make suggested tire size recommendations based on factual safety data because I believe them. But who am I to argue - I'm just one engineer listening to another engineer.
seeing as you challenged my sexuality in my "bagging your z " thread, id like to have my shot.. can you prove based on something other then a "suggested tire size recommendation" that running a stretched tire in unsafe? maybe post some links, stories etc....
Old 01-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Murfdizzle21

wat r the specs of the gts's?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 AM
cyan

Originally Posted by Si3lv5er0Z
wat r the specs of the gts's?
19x9.5 +2 (15mm spacer)
19x10.5 -7 (25mm spacer)
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scoupe
seeing as you challenged my sexuality in my "bagging your z " thread, id like to have my shot.. can you prove based on something other then a "suggested tire size recommendation" that running a stretched tire in unsafe? maybe post some links, stories etc....
You took that the wrong way, apparently, but I've addressed that in your other thread.

The short answer to your questions is no, I don't have the data to prove it. I don't work for Bridgestone or Michelin. I deal a lot with tires - more so than I care to admit - but I'm not a tire engineer. I know from my own training in my engineering field that we spend countless research dollars and man hours deciding boundaries for products. Number one is safety. I don't think it's a "stretch" that these huge tire companies, with a lot of dollars at stake, have the same priorities.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
WhiteOnWhite350z

I do not know why any shop would mount an wheel/tire combo that is stretched. The amount of liability they would be opening themselves into is crazy.

God forbid anything would happen and the tires were to blame, rest assured the owner's would sue, even though the stretched tire was their sole idea.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
WhiteOnWhite350z

Originally Posted by angelzhope720

Rationalization fail.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome