Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
lixam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont get me wrong, the z's are killing the fitment game right now. buuuut.

its to the point where all you need, is flush fitment on any car and any rim/tire setup to be "cool"...cause flush is cool, but to me, badass cars are cool, not flushed out altimas...

aggressive fitment wasnt labeled flush/aggressive fitment when it was created, it was having a badass car with a mean stance. its watered down now to the point where taste/style/look/quality is out the window in favor of stance...

im sorry but some of the cars lately and a couple z's in this thread are hideous..but allowed a "pass" cause theyre on stretched tires and "flush" fitment, ill grade on fitment but a z on knockoffs/ stance coils with a lip is still wack...

people buying 101 stance books and it says..

coilovers/wheels/small tires and lip and your good, 40,000 illest stickers are good too lol..

sorry for the rant...the eurolines look great! nice picture.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
theianmcdougall

Originally Posted by young Jee(Z)
No luck getting my tires to fit today...gonna try another shop tomorow.

Anyone ever attempt the aerosol and lighter fluid trick? Might be my last resort.
yea thats how i get most of my stretched tires to set the bead
Old 03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
litoflow

Originally Posted by Silver350zed
Agreed 100%. I had to shave the collars on the coilovers so that the inner lip of the wheel wouldn't grind on the coilover anymore so I am gunna get some 15-20mm spacers. so I can dump it. After the stretch on those tires going from 10.5-12" It looks monster truck high. That's the plan for this weekend comming up. Hopefully the wheel will take away whatever metal it has to, in order for me to drop it down until I can space it out to where it needs to sit. Thanks for the advice.
Glad i could be of help..

Im hopefully getting them mounted today, I need help though. The shops around here have no idea what "stretch" is and look at me crazy when I tell them what I want to do. Im taking them to a lotus elise dealer because I was told they have the ability to do it. What tools/ techniques do the shops you guys use have?

265/35 on a 18x12 +16 is what im looking to mount, will they have trouble doing this?
Honestly almost any shop could do it, it is just the fact that it is insane to put such a small tire on such a big rim, that is what almost every shop will say. Untill you tell them to do it and see if for themselves. lol. Some will just say no.

And no you should'nt have any trouble. That is the same exhaust "Tire" size i am running on my 18x12-5.

Originally Posted by 350z_Boi
I disagree. I think it's just a new look and a new style. I don't think it's a competition.. It's a matter of trying something new and different that other people wouldn't think or do. I honestly think it's dope. It's more appleaing to the eye and to some people. If you could pull it off and do it right then I don't think nothing is wrong with that. Well that's IMO.
I see where you are coming from and you say this because you know what you are doing, you are not asking all the time little questions that have been answered countless of time in this thread. People are coming with new sets thinking they know what are the ups and downs of this style and at the end don't know anything and end up messing up and asking questions. I am not bashing on anyone on here but go couple pages back and you will see what i am trying to say.

Originally Posted by lixam

its to the point where all you need, is flush fitment on any car and any rim/tire setup to be "cool"...cause flush is cool, but to me, badass cars are cool, not flushed out altimas...

aggressive fitment wasnt labeled flush/aggressive fitment when it was created, it was having a badass car with a mean stance. its watered down now to the point where taste/style/look/quality is out the window in favor of stance...

im sorry but some of the cars lately and a couple z's in this thread are hideous..but allowed a "pass" cause theyre on stretched tires and "flush" fitment, ill grade on fitment but a z on knockoffs/ stance coils with a lip is still wack...

coilovers/wheels/small tires and lip and your good, 40,000 illest stickers are good too lol..

sorry for the rant...the eurolines look great! nice picture.
I agree with you...very well said...

Anyone ever attempt the aerosol and lighter fluid trick? Might be my last resort.
That is the same fluid my shop i have uses it to mount my tires. The 265/35 specially Nankangs did not get to mount all the way out to where the tire is right against the rim so i just left it with one inch off from the edge of the rim's lip and i put them on, roll with them down the street. Stopped 5 minutes after and it was dead on the lip after that.. lol that is how it is done sometimes... little things bro you gotta learn here and there ahah. hope that helps
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with the Cheetah, anything is possible.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
350z_Boi

I agree with the knock off wheels!!! But I agree with lixam. Well said my friend. I forgot to mention about the knock off. Haha

Last edited by 350z_Boi; 03-21-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Raceism

I have 19" x 9.5 (front) / 19" x 10.5 (rear) with +12 offsett all around. Dropped on Tokiko d-spec shocks + Tanabe GF210 springs.

Tires: 255/35/19 (front) and 275/35/19 (rear)

Apparently the aggressive offset and 1" drop from tanabe springs are too low and causing rubbing issue, eating up fenders/tires!!

Coilover + camber kits should resolve this issue?? Any other way around it w/o getting expensive coilover + camber kits??

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
young Jee(Z)

Originally Posted by Raceism
I have 19" x 9.5 (front) / 19" x 10.5 (rear) with +12 offsett all around. Dropped on Tokiko d-spec shocks + Tanabe GF210 springs.

Tires: 255/35/19 (front) and 275/35/19 (rear)

Apparently the aggressive offset and 1" drop from tanabe springs are too low and causing rubbing issue, eating up fenders/tires!!

Thanks!
You shouldnt be having any issue with that offset and gf210 are a VERY mild drop...are your fenders rolled? That should be all you need. I ran that setup with natural camber and a mild fender roll without issue.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
young Jee(Z)

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z

The shop used that on my tire, no luck...although I can tell they weren't trying very hard to help me out. Im determined to get these on and prove to all the locals it's possible. The scene in Michigan is weak and noone does anything out of the ordinary. :/
Old 03-21-2011, 04:05 PM
young Jee(Z)

For the guys who use the aerosol/trick. Any videos or write ups on the proccess, gonna have to attempt it myself. This is what im looking at...its intimidating.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a 12 wide Id run a min. of 275/35....I think somewhere you said you were trying to fit a 265??i maybe wrong tho, or for a badass set up 295/30 what what!!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
datsunHEAD

you guys know whats funny, is if you go to thru the first 1-15 pages of this thread people were hating on it...now the same people that were hating on it are into it now, I think most follow the masses just like street racing then drifting now hella flush,I wonder whats next??not much left now lol, I think the set up looks great but as another member said it seems to be getting watered down : (

Last edited by datsunHEAD; 03-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM
350DAN

I didn't need the cheetah for my wheels, i saw that if you cover the valve stem with the inside of the tire it will catch the air trying to go in as long as the beads are lubed and sealed correctly, my tires took 10 minutes tops for my rears and im running a 265/35 on a 18x12 -20
Old 03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the guys who use the aerosol/trick. Any videos or write ups on the proccess, gonna have to attempt it myself. This is what im looking at...its intimidating.
that's not even that bad. I hate when people don't try and help you correctly. Is there a discount tire in the area?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Max-G

Originally Posted by lixam

Yes yes yes yes yes! You put it much better than i could have. I hate when people go crazy over a shitty car just because it has an insane stance.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Silver350zed

Hrm. I dunno if any of those knocks were made at me but I will say my part. I do what I want for my vehicle. I did research for my wheels and I was a few mm off on what my measurements should be due lack of consideration for the amount the wheel would travel toward the midline of the vehicle when the springs depress. I don't want the same setup as anyone else or the common 10 or 10.5 negative offset wheels that people are doing. I had wheels modified to my best knowledge and capabilities. I have gone through a lot of extra work on my vehicle to make sure that it was something that no one else has. I have contacted several companies that have produced the parts and worked with them to get items that no one else has or hasn't been done. I never claimed to be a wheel, tire or suspension guru. In fact, I have asked many times several questions on what would work/ fit. With much *suprise* all people get is smart a$% answers on the boards. If people see vehicles that they like and ask the opinions of people with " respected " vehicles and are trying to do their own swerve on a trend why knock it? I rock 3 spoke wheels, I had them customized for my application, I will need more tire on the ground when my engine swap gets done. I not a fan boi of the trends that everyone else does. But then again, it's not like I got cheap wheels and spacers and tried to claim to be swang n bang.

My rant. Sorry if you guys think it's not deserved.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 PM
young Jee(Z)

that's not even that bad. I hate when people don't try and help you correctly. Is there a discount tire in the area?
Yea, they turned me away for safety reasons. Auto europe "lotus elise" dealer tried on their cheetah enabled machine with no luck, though the guy flat out said he never stretched more than a 245 on a 10 inch rim. Its frustrating having to keep explaining to these people what I want done...ill keep at it tomorow and hopefully find a place.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
DeeSan

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Bro do the hairspray trick

ps : post a vid LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Raceism

You shouldnt be having any issue with that offset and gf210 are a VERY mild drop...are your fenders rolled? That should be all you need. I ran that setup with natural camber and a mild fender roll without issue.
Thanks for the input. It's still like that after I've gotten the fenders rolled. I can barely fit my index finger between the fender and tire. I only have this issue in the front.. Rears are perfectly fine. Would running 245's in the front resolve this issue? I've even thought about getting another set of springs with less drop range but thought all springs will eventually sag and cause same rubbing issue again. Is getting coilover + camber kits for sure get rid of issue? Any other way to resolve this?? Can you think of any other reason why it's rubbing and low like that in the front??

Thanks!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
TehkMob

Beading on a steplip is a *****. There's two cheetahs. There's a big one and a little one. The little one won't work you need the big one, and a good tire shop. Try a whel shop that monts a lot of retarded big wheels. They usually can get it done.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Max-G

Originally Posted by Raceism
Thanks for the input. It's still like that after I've gotten the fenders rolled. I can barely fit my index finger between the fender and tire. I only have this issue in the front.. Rears are perfectly fine. Would running 245's in the front resolve this issue? I've even thought about getting another set of springs with less drop range but thought all springs will eventually sag and cause same rubbing issue again. Is getting coilover + camber kits for sure get rid of issue? Any other way to resolve this?? Can you think of any other reason why it's rubbing and low like that in the front??

Thanks!!
not being able to fit your finger between your fender and tire is what this thread is all about. rubbing just means you're doing it right.

but seriously, yes, 245's would at least decrease rubbing issues, but i can't say it would completely eliminate them.

getting some coilovers, camber arms, 10-15mm spacers all around, and 235/35f, 255/35r would definitely make it more awesome though

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome