Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

artic that sure is nice fitment on a 300zx...well done
Old 03-23-2009, 07:13 AM
BloMyS14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArticDragon192
My idea of the perfect fitment:
Don't mind if I but in BTW...
I love the Panasports... I liked the LMGT4s you had before too.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Calviin

Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
fatboy.yoshi

gosh i want an is...maybe a c300
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Bippu Pxrlex

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
OK... Help me understand this guys. I understand the aggressive wheels and stretch tires. It's a look and not ment to be the best handling wheel/tire setup for track racing etc. I have cosmetic mods on my car too and understand thats what this is.

But help me understand that picture above? The rim sticks out too far and the tire is layed back so far my guess would be the tire is actually compromised and would be subject to early failure. In my opinion (and my opinion only) that looks retarded and would make the car handle like crap and such a small tire provide no traction. It would actually make the car worse than stock which is what I can't understand. Are these just for show and you are building a show car and won't be driving them on the street normally or are you seriously going to drive around with wheels like this?

I like this and how it looks and understand the offset and stretch tire thing. I come from the VW world where this was done 10 years ago before the 350z even existed. So i'm cool with it.

I'm not trying to start a flame war just help me understand why the first picture up close of the wheel is "cool"? Is it just a thing like the low rider wheels small-stick-out-lots-of-spokes kinda thing?
Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
yeah thats cool, I like the Sc400 looks good. 255 is pretty good meat and you're getting the stretch with a 11 inch rim.

Maybe it's this comment that threw me off?

225 on a 10" tire? That just seems retarded to me. Should be a 275 at minimum on that wheel based on the width. Would a tire even last being stretched like that? I have seen enough failures of the side wall blowing out on stretched tires...
Originally Posted by SS728
The people asking about stretched tires and all have to understand that this style is "show" and show only. There is no "go" on this subject matter.

It's a style that VW have been doing for years and now it is merging with all makes and models.

It's all about fitment. As I have mentioned before, I guarantee that 95% of this forum does not know what fitment, and I mean true fitment for cosmetic purposes only, even is. Meek's teaser shows what fitment is all about.
Taking that further step to achieve tire rubbing, rim sticking out status is hard to come by and only achieved by the few.
Originally Posted by Chad68
I'm curious, where in the hell did you find somebody to mount a 255/35 tire on a 11.5" wide wheel? Was it a licensed mechanic? I have 305's and the max I would consider mounting a 305 on would be an 11.5"

Just curious.
Originally Posted by yusoslo
there is a point when you can have too much stretch and poke. The two lexus's in this thread take it too far. It goes from looking hot to looking goofy
Originally Posted by gs400speed23
man ive seen these lexus getting all poped out and stretch like a ****, and i dont get it! it stupid as hell! i mean look at the camber on that thing! must be horrible to drive and looks ugly. its like that movie "DONT BE A MENACE" where a scene of ghetto guys were saggin their pants and it got lower and lower as the camera swings by the others and the guy in the end had is pants all the way down... that was HILARIOUS and that lexus reminded me of it. hahahaha
Originally Posted by cwest350
exactly. the white Z is a perfect example of how it's done right imo. the 2 lexus look like garbage.
Originally Posted by POWERSLIDIN
i could be wrong but usually when you see that much camber they are parked and dumped out on some kind of air suspension. you see the same thing all the time w/bagged suv's w/crazy suspension setups. i agree though if they drive it like that its kinda overkill lol

I didn't expect anyone to like my set up ,

Vip isnt going to be for everyone, quote well said thou from SS728

Nice to see it made it to these boards ............

Btw driven at -10.9 % camber , hard parked at - 15 ,

driven more now then what I had previously had

Keep in mind guys I have 11 car show trophies , getting bored with everyday set ups .... on shirts and featured already,

I break more necks now then a chicken farm
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
35oZephyR

^^^ last two GS photos are amazing. What kind of wheels are those?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
fatboy.yoshi

^^^weds kranze but dunno which model...?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
fatboy.yoshi

bippu's a bit much but props for having the *****...no hating...to each their own...
Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
ShanesG
Banned

Keep in mind guys I have 11 car show trophies , getting bored with everyday set ups .... on shirts and featured already,

I break more necks now then a chicken farm
mmm so lemme get this straight...so you went to an ugly rear set up because you're bored with great fitment setups????
Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Bippu Pxrlex

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
^^^ last two GS photos are amazing. What kind of wheels are those?
Those are Wed Kranze Braziera
Originally Posted by fatboy.yoshi
^^^weds kranze but dunno which model...?
Originally Posted by fatboy.yoshi
bippu's a bit much but props for having the *****...no hating...to each their own...
thanks .. took me time to get there
Originally Posted by ShanesG
mmm so lemme get this straight...so you went to an ugly rear set up because you're bored with great fitment setups????
Correction , I went from Perfect fitment and slight tuck to extreme because I wanted rare wheels , I have Wed Kranze ERM with a 19x11.5 -51

I know no other car will have and I like the attention the car gets when I drive it ... Rides just fine on the freeway at 70 mph .. I ahve a Gs400 V8 and I show my car alot ..

I like what I have , and theres No reason for me to "fix" myset up because people don't like it

If you dont like the wheels feel free to bash away , Haters have to have a job too .. otherwise find another car sitting like mine ...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:09 PM
ShanesG
Banned

I know no other car will have and I like the attention the car gets when I drive it
I like what I have , and theres No reason for me to "fix" myset up because people don't like it
You like attention but then don't care what people think, even though when people see that setup, 99% of them are saying "wow, look at that fool with those retarded wheels. wtf was he thinking"
Guess it doesn't matter to you what kind of attention you get. Well you must if yu wanna "stand out"
Old 03-23-2009, 01:33 PM
-miltdoggie-

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on guys.... "can't we all just get along?"

What is up with all the hating and it is usually all the people with the conservative fitment.....

My SC has been on hellaflush twice if that means anything to the real G's on this thread. LMAO.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
FastZ33

clean 300zx
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by -miltdoggie-
Come on guys.... "can't we all just get along?"

What is up with all the hating and it is usually all the people with the conservative fitment.....

My SC has been on hellaflush twice if that means anything to the real G's on this thread. LMAO.
+1

it's like every other week someone has to come into the "AGGRESSIVE WHEELS AND STRETCH TIRES..." thread and cry foul on things being too aggressive and stretched?

You guys have to admit that even though some of it is extreme, it's fun to look at. If you don't like it, just say "it's not my style" and move on. Save your flaming for the "Skyline badge on 350z" thread.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Bippu Pxrlex

Originally Posted by ShanesG
You like attention but then don't care what people think, even though when people see that setup, 99% of them are saying "wow, look at that fool with those retarded wheels. wtf was he thinking"
Guess it doesn't matter to you what kind of attention you get. Well you must if yu wanna "stand out"
you answered your own question,
For someone who has "Basic Installs" I hope you can get on my level in 5 years and understand ...... time to see more set ups...
Old 03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Bippu,

I for one freakn love your set-up....keep on doing your thang.
**do you have any better pics of the wheels instead of the angle pics**

Now for the Haters, I don't understand why we should waste our breath on telling you why we do what we do... If you don't understand the style just shut you mouth and move on by. It's not for every one so leave your comments to yourself.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
CrimsonRockett

Seriously, stop beating the dead horse already.

Love it. Hate it. Get the f*ck over it.

It's not your car. So, don't worry about it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
ShanesG
Banned

Originally Posted by Bippu Pxrlex
you answered your own question,
For someone who has "Basic Installs" I hope you can get on my level in 5 years and understand ...... time to see more set ups...
lol, i DO basic Installs.
I'm sorry i will never be in the retarded fitment level, my loss right?

I was pointing out you're contradicting statement, you obviously care what people think or you wouldn't be trying to put ridiculous setup on your car. If you didn't want to hear and see people respones or reactions you wouldn't show or post pics of your car on the internet.
So w/e floats your canoe, but if you think people think your set up is cool cause you're being "different"(aside from a handfull of people) you're on some good shiit and i'd like you to send me some!

Fitment is key, doesn't really matter who has a bigger offset **** if it doesn't look right!!

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome