Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheel/tire shipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Tsex On 19s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel/tire shipping

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this thread, but I have a question for those members who've sold rims w/ tires over the board.

Based on experience, what company would you prefer using to ship your wheels and tires? My concern is safety for the product and a great price. I hear DHL is very cost efficient.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We actually no longer ship wheels/tires mounted and balanced due to the fact that we've had so many problems with the product getting damaged. When a customer orders a special order wheel and waits 3 months for it and one of them gets damaged, it is very upsetting to the customer to have to wait another 3 months for the replacement. It's just not worth the headache and inconvenience. Just make sure you pack the crap out of it.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Tsex On 19s

will do bro. thanks.. any suggestion on the company to ship with?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
We actually no longer ship wheels/tires mounted and balanced due to the fact that we've had so many problems with the product getting damaged. When a customer orders a special order wheel and waits 3 months for it and one of them gets damaged, it is very upsetting to the customer to have to wait another 3 months for the replacement. It's just not worth the headache and inconvenience. Just make sure you pack the crap out of it.
What specifically is the damage? How can a rubber tire be damaged? Is the damage you describe to the wheel itself? Why is a mounted tire/wheel solution more vulnerable to damage than say just a wheel shipment?

Not getting this.

--Spike
Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by Tsex On 19s
will do bro. thanks.. any suggestion on the company to ship with?

i've used FedEx ground with good luck for at least twice for wheels and tires shipped from coast to coast. i've done my own research, can't beat their prices.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a wheel/tire combo shipped to me through UPS. They came in perfect shape. The front and back of the wheel was protected by foam and cardboard, and then just shrink wrapped on there so the tires were exposed. Can't really hurt rubber in shipping, so it worked out great. No need to get big boxes either.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by JonnyC
I've had a wheel/tire combo shipped to me through UPS. They came in perfect shape. The front and back of the wheel was protected by foam and cardboard, and then just shrink wrapped on there so the tires were exposed. Can't really hurt rubber in shipping, so it worked out great. No need to get big boxes either.
That's exactly how we used to ship wheels/tires too and we would tie strap then down as well and we still had many cases where damage would occur. Even with multiple layers of card board. The portion of the tire would never get damaged, it was always the barrel.