Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Advan RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
You're smoking crack. RAYS owns ADVAN, PERIOD. I don't think you can compare Enkei's M.A.T process to RAYS forging process. On top of that, Yokohama is actually considering RAYS as a manufacturer for a few of the ADVAN lines. Oh, and I have the Racing RS IN STOCK!
LOL.....looks like someone got owned, big time. By the way, nice video about the GT SPEC fender brace Andy... Call you to order 06 headlights tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Changvi
LOL.....looks like someone got owned, big time. By the way, nice video about the GT SPEC fender brace Andy... Call you to order 06 headlights tomorrow.
I'm not knocking Yokohama wheels at all. ADVAN wheels are freaking dope and the price point is SUPER competitive. I would rock ADVAN's if I weren't already sponsored by RAYS but for someone to flat out say ADVAN "ownz" VOLK is kind of crazy. I know Kevin personally though. Great guy, he knows I'm not trying to flame him!

ORDER! ORDER! ORDER! ORDER!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
gsazabi

You're smoking crack. RAYS owns ADVAN, PERIOD. I don't think you can compare Enkei's M.A.T process to RAYS forging process. On top of that, Yokohama is actually considering RAYS as a manufacturer for a few of the ADVAN lines. Oh, and I have the Racing RS IN STOCK!
Damn Andy u be attackin me at full force LOL
Yea I know Rays Engineering is top notch when it comes to their forging technology.
Maybe I should have been more specific on my statement, so here I go:

Advan RS DESIGN OWNZ all Volks!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Advan RS DESIGN OWNZ all Volks!
Appearance is all subjective and is a matter of opinion but ADVAN's are great looking wheels!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
gsazabi

Appearance is all subjective and is a matter of opinion but ADVAN's are great looking wheels!
You're exactly right! I LOVE the RE30s though. They're just SICK!!!

Last edited by gsazabi; 01-10-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm... a little too much interest in these wheels lately. Pics withdrawn.

Go with Volk's people. They rock!

JET
Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Hmmmm... a little too much interest in these wheels lately. Pics withdrawn.

Go with Volk's people. They rock!

JET
too late bro, someone already quoted your pics lol
Old 01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are stored in your temp internet files. If you didn't look at them already then you can't see them now!

JET
Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
bjmax

to bad.. i did like the pictures..
Old 01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
ctwentytwo

Just know this about the Quality of Advan... and when really considering Forged vs. Cast (Enkei's M.A.T)... The Option Stream Z that ran in the ’03 Silver State Classic Challenge that flipped 7 times and got mangled over 200 MPH... it was running on ADVAN TCII. Why would they put 2nd rate wheels on that kind of car/race?

Also, the Z's that run in Super Taikyu are mostly on Advan wheels... wheels you buy off the shelf. If you keep your eyes open, you'll notice alot of Time Attack and Tuning Shops use almost exclusively Advan/AVS wheels. Shops like HKS Kansai and Yashio Factory. Enough of my Advan propaganda though...

Name:  img_0972b.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  rearbumperb.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  111.8 KB
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Just know this about the Quality of Advan... and when really considering Forged vs. Cast (Enkei's M.A.T)... The Option Stream Z that ran in the ’03 Silver State Classic Challenge that flipped 7 times and got mangled over 200 MPH... it was running on ADVAN TCII. Why would they put 2nd rate wheels on that kind of car/race?

Also, the Z's that run in Super Taikyu are mostly on Advan wheels... wheels you buy off the shelf. If you keep your eyes open, you'll notice alot of Time Attack and Tuning Shops use almost exclusively Advan/AVS wheels. Shops like HKS Kansai and Yashio Factory. Enough of my Advan propaganda though...

No one is questioning the quality of ADVAN wheels. To answer your question on why cars like the Option Stream Z or Super Taikyu cars run ADVAN, consider that majority of the cars are monetarily sponsored or they're loyal to certain brands because of relationships. It's politics. If a sponsorship deal doesn't go through with one manufacturer, they will move on to the next.

As for comparing forged to cast, come on, it's simple science. Ultimately, the forged wheel will have a stronger structure than a cast wheel. Just because a wheel is forged doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest out there. It's about the material and process that goes into it, even for cast wheels. I.E; I think that Enkei/ADVAN/AME wheels are probably stronger than iFORGED or HRE. I think even Work wheels are probably stronger than iFORGED or HRE.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM
ctwentytwo

I really did consider sponsorships and what not... but still, there are a number of Japanese track cars on Advans trying to break track records... I thought about it, and these guys are trying to get every advantage out. Why would they put a *slightly* inferior wheel? I guess $$$ talks, but still...

I was just trying to point out the inferiority complex developed by those not on Volks is unnecessary.... or the superiority complex from Volk owners... there are other worthy alternatives to a forged Rays wheel...

Just my 2cents.

That being said, I'm probably going to be on my first love... Volk TE37 in the near future Or wait for those Rays made Advans. Is this in the near future? Or still a ways off?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
keioffice350z

No one is questioning the quality of ADVAN wheels. To answer your question on why cars like the Option Stream Z or Super Taikyu cars run ADVAN, consider that majority of the cars are monetarily sponsored or they're loyal to certain brands because of relationships. It's politics. If a sponsorship deal doesn't go through with one manufacturer, they will move on to the next.

As for comparing forged to cast, come on, it's simple science. Ultimately, the forged wheel will have a stronger structure than a cast wheel. Just because a wheel is forged doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest out there. It's about the material and process that goes into it, even for cast wheels. I.E; I think that Enkei/ADVAN/AME wheels are probably stronger than iFORGED or HRE. I think even Work wheels are probably stronger than iFORGED or HRE.

Errr, being around the Japan tuners off and on for the past five years, I would have to agree with Andy. RAY's doesn't sponsor as much as ADVAN does - just look at the first few seasons of D1 for example. You can't really cut corners on building track cars - which means your business wallet can take quite a whallop. If they're offered a good discount, or free wheels by a good manufacturer like ADVAN and not so much by others, they're bound to take it.

Tuners in Japan aren't rich. Just because Smokey Nagata travels the world street racing, doesn't mean he lives lavishly at home. Kousuke Kida's residence is a small apartment - very humble for a man of such reknown - who has businesses in Japan, Europe, the US and eastern asia. Look at Re Amemiya - He's prolly the 2nd most mobbed guy in Tokyo Auto Salon when he gets on stage (#1 Dori Kin, although *** and the Orido's get mobbed alot too) his products are HOT in the rotary world, but he's had various financial problems which has almost forced him to go under a few times.

They are the pinnacle of the Japan scene, which is this:

To be an enthusiast in Japan is to live the lifestyle.
American's enjoy the hobby.

And because the difference in seriousness in terms of performance and looks are so great between Japan and the US....cheap crap parts sell like hot cakes here and.....

wait, that's another tangeant.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:16 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Volk FTW, anybody want to trade some nice & wide 18's for my 19" TA TE37's? lol
Old 01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
I really did consider sponsorships and what not... but still, there are a number of Japanese track cars on Advans trying to break track records... I thought about it, and these guys are trying to get every advantage out. Why would they put a *slightly* inferior wheel? I guess $$$ talks, but still...

I was just trying to point out the inferiority complex developed by those not on Volks is unnecessary.... or the superiority complex from Volk owners... there are other worthy alternatives to a forged Rays wheel...

Just my 2cents.

That being said, I'm probably going to be on my first love... Volk TE37 in the near future Or wait for those Rays made Advans. Is this in the near future? Or still a ways off?
What you think is unnecessary is actually necessary. You have to look at both sides of the spectrum here; ADVAN owners probably don't need to hear the inferior complexity between Enkei manufactured wheels and RAYS manufactured wheels because they already know which one is superior and their wallet's can't handle the cost factor. BUT for those that have the budget and finance to get a RAYS wheel needs to be educated about what the differences are between these two manufacturer's. I completely agree that there are worthy alternatives from a RAYS wheel but usually this route is taken because the consumer can't afford it, not because they think that Enkei manufactured wheels are up to par with RAYS forging technology.

Any professional race team is ALWAYS going to try to be breaking lap records, whether they're on RAYS or ADVAN. You have to understand that running and managing a professional race team is just like running a business. These team's are not only getting free products but are actually getting PAID to run these products. If one deal does not work out with a manufacturer because they are not willing to pay enough or whatever the reason is, they will move onto the next. How do you think professional race teams fund their program so they can actually race, maintain the cars, pay the driver(s), pay the technicians, etc? I can tell you now that RAYS does not do any monetary sponsorships and they really don't need to. Even their partnership with the F1 Williams team was to provide product and technical support, that's it. They're even super picky about who they sponsor even on a product basis, they don't just go out there sponsoring anyone. Even the NISSAN/NISMO Super GT team PAID for their wheels! ADVAN on the other hand is a completely different story. The discussion of RAYS producing ADVAN's are still in the works and nothing has been official yet but they have been communicating. If there are any updates, I will be sure to post them.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by keioffice350z
Errr, being around the Japan tuners off and on for the past five years, I would have to agree with Andy. RAY's doesn't sponsor as much as ADVAN does - just look at the first few seasons of D1 for example. You can't really cut corners on building track cars - which means your business wallet can take quite a whallop. If they're offered a good discount, or free wheels by a good manufacturer like ADVAN and not so much by others, they're bound to take it.

Tuners in Japan aren't rich. Just because Smokey Nagata travels the world street racing, doesn't mean he lives lavishly at home. Kousuke Kida's residence is a small apartment - very humble for a man of such reknown - who has businesses in Japan, Europe, the US and eastern asia. Look at Re Amemiya - He's prolly the 2nd most mobbed guy in Tokyo Auto Salon when he gets on stage (#1 Dori Kin, although *** and the Orido's get mobbed alot too) his products are HOT in the rotary world, but he's had various financial problems which has almost forced him to go under a few times.

They are the pinnacle of the Japan scene, which is this:

To be an enthusiast in Japan is to live the lifestyle.
American's enjoy the hobby.

And because the difference in seriousness in terms of performance and looks are so great between Japan and the US....cheap crap parts sell like hot cakes here and.....

wait, that's another tangeant.
Thank you! I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Justin07Z

Good info in this thread, I liked reading all of it.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
ctwentytwo

This has been a great discussion... really, I've been given differing perspectives to my own, perceived and fact.

Smokey really aint a millionaire? With the prices we pay for real deal JDM parts, you'd think he'd be rolling. /sarcasm.

I'd always thought they'd have not F1 type budgets, but enough to choose parts.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Glad I can shed some light.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
ctwentytwo

Any professional race team is ALWAYS going to try to be breaking lap records, whether they're on RAYS or ADVAN. You have to understand that running and managing a professional race team is just like running a business. These team's are not only getting free products but are actually getting PAID to run these products. If one deal does not work out with a manufacturer because they are not willing to pay enough or whatever the reason is, they will move onto the next. How do you think professional race teams fund their program so they can actually race, maintain the cars, pay the driver(s), pay the technicians, etc? I can tell you now that RAYS does not do any monetary sponsorships and they really don't need to. Even their partnership with the F1 Williams team was to provide product and technical support, that's it. They're even super picky about who they sponsor even on a product basis, they don't just go out there sponsoring anyone. Even the NISSAN/NISMO Super GT team PAID for their wheels! ADVAN on the other hand is a completely different story. The discussion of RAYS producing ADVAN's are still in the works and nothing has been official yet but they have been communicating. If there are any updates, I will be sure to post them.
I thought it was from the major sponsors like how F1 (Vodafone, Oil Company's) or like Nascar with non-car part related major sponsors (Tide, McDonalds, etc.). Again, I must say that I doubt they'd run Rotas even if Rota (not to diss Rota, but it's the only knock off wheel company I can think of) gave it to 'em free... obviously.

Again Andy, I find your input as an insider, very helpful to correct some of the falicies related to the import scene.

Quick Reply: Advan RS