Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
isaacbush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hubcentric or h&r
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM
AZVeilsideZ

Originally Posted by VeilSideBrian
As far as wheel sizes, I am pretty sure we have the sizes from our demo car on the website.

But wheel fitment is an interesting thing.
it depends on ride height, wheel size, tire size, tire brand (some tires of the SAME size but DIFFERENT bands, are totally different), Camber, etc....

* Recommended wheel size
Front: 20 x 9.0J (+18)
Rear: 20 x 11.0J (-18)

This is what's on the website, but I really want 19's! I know nothing about offsets, but with 19's instead of 20's would the offset change?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
AZVeilsideZ

Originally Posted by MUZZY
u will have to cut fenders FYI and its +30mm front and +70mm rear
But does anyone sale this size, or would it have to be custom made? Even if someone made a wheel that I would have to use a spacers on I would be happy. I am just worried I am going to buy the wrong size wheels.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:38 AM
finalfantasy316

ok so i just bought a veilside and thus far i am gathering that i need to cut my stock fenders front and back correct? also i have 19 inch rims like 9.5 inch in the back and 8.5 up front.
any idea on spacers because i would like to the spacers to come in around the same time as the body kit.

i am lowering my car about an inch all the way around so i think 19's will look ok with that bodykit even knowing the recommended size is 20 inches.

but i see that 70mm was recommended for the back with 10.5 inch wheels so according to that guy then i would need something like 95mm. damn. i dont think they sell spacers that big.

this might sound really stupid here but what about stacking spacers. is that like a big no no. lol.

thanks for the help guys and sorry for the potentially dumb questions
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by finalfantasy316
ok so i just bought a veilside and thus far i am gathering that i need to cut my stock fenders front and back correct? also i have 19 inch rims like 9.5 inch in the back and 8.5 up front.
any idea on spacers because i would like to the spacers to come in around the same time as the body kit.

i am lowering my car about an inch all the way around so i think 19's will look ok with that bodykit even knowing the recommended size is 20 inches.

but i see that 70mm was recommended for the back with 10.5 inch wheels so according to that guy then i would need something like 95mm. damn. i dont think they sell spacers that big.

this might sound really stupid here but what about stacking spacers. is that like a big no no. lol.

thanks for the help guys and sorry for the potentially dumb questions
You need new wheels, 9.5" isn't going to cut it with a widebody, go at least 10.5", with 11 or 11.5" being more optimal
Old 02-01-2008, 12:38 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by AZVeilsideZ
But does anyone sale this size, or would it have to be custom made? Even if someone made a wheel that I would have to use a spacers on I would be happy. I am just worried I am going to buy the wrong size wheels.
Alot of companies can make wheels to these specs, but you'll likely have to wait a few months for them to come from Japan or whatever manufacturer.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:46 PM
AZVeilsideZ

Talking

Originally Posted by redlude97
Alot of companies can make wheels to these specs, but you'll likely have to wait a few months for them to come from Japan or whatever manufacturer.
That's good to know!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
finalfantasy316

Originally Posted by redlude97
You need new wheels, 9.5" isn't going to cut it with a widebody, go at least 10.5", with 11 or 11.5" being more optimal

unfortunatly they are going to have to work for right now at least. i mean why wouldn't they work in the first place. i will eventually get rims that can fit a wide enough tire on it. but the wheels i got were like 2000 and i bought them towards the beggining of last year.

and what companys sell an 11.5 inch wide in a 19 inch rim? im not real sure if i want to go with 20's just yet ya know what i mean. i still want some meat on my tires.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by finalfantasy316
unfortunatly they are going to have to work for right now at least. i mean why wouldn't they work in the first place. i will eventually get rims that can fit a wide enough tire on it. but the wheels i got were like 2000 and i bought them towards the beggining of last year.

and what companys sell an 11.5 inch wide in a 19 inch rim? im not real sure if i want to go with 20's just yet ya know what i mean. i still want some meat on my tires.
Good luck finding spacers then. Also, be prepared to replace your wheel bearings quite often once you push a 9.5" wheel out that far. Lots of companies make 11.5" wheels, SSR, Work, Iforged etc. Just take a look at their application sheets and you'll find something. IMO, don't install the widebody until you can afford new wheels. Its going to get laughed at.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:18 PM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please dont rock a widebody with 9.5 rims ><

also on the lowering part..... i would recomend not lowering the car with the widebody. if you do you will have to cut/roll the fenders for everything you drop it at. if you drop 1 in you will have to cut 1in higher on the fenders.

on the spacer probem....put the kit on then you can measure exactly how far you need. then buy like 30mm spacers with build in studs and you can stack another non studed spacer ontop if you like.... but my opinion is get new rims.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:21 AM
finalfantasy316

OK WELL YOU GUYS TALKED ME INTO IT. I DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY ON NEW WHEELS JUST YET BUT I THINK I WILL THEN.

i am going to look for a 20 inch rims that are 11.5 inches wide. i want a 5 spoke black with silver lip and a big dish. now i guess i just have to find it then. thank you guys for talking some sense into me.

i will try to save up for the rims and not put on the bodykit just yet.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Zedrush

Okay thanks guys for the info, I got volk gt-s 10.5 rear and 9.5 front tyres I have are toyo proxes 285x30x19 rear and 265x30x19 front. Without the fenders the wheels already sticks out a little from the oem fenders so am guessing that should find spacers to get it to reach the new overflair.

I will also not lower my car will shave the QP, and with a bit of luck this should be good.. really dont want 20" rims especially as going to run 100 shot of nos direct port progressive,