Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tenzo Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like stated...you DO get what you pay for.

just save up and spend that "small fortune" for the volks...you will not be displeased !
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Rekinyze

umm....no I think it's silly to spend $700/wheel on Volks...sorry....especially since I do zero racing.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
whitecel

Originally Posted by Rekinyze
umm....no I think it's silly to spend $700/wheel on Volks...sorry....especially since I do zero racing.
Well you pay extra for it being forged instead of cast. But speaking of volks. A reputable shop down here told me that volk had raised the price on their line of rims for no reason, just profit. That's why they recommended that I go with work or something besides volk.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
ZKansasZ

you are absolutely right!
I dont see myself buying wheels like that...guess because I am poor? lol
Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fairladyinit
Being a volk owner, how do you think I feel about them?
cant believe this high & mighty VOLK owner actually got off his high horse to talk to the peasants.

c'mon dude. theyre just fcking wheels, you dont need to 'show off' what kind of wheels you have.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:46 AM
taurran

Probably the same way an HRE owner feels about your Volks?

***** superiority!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
kspec

lol what a dick.
how long you work at mcdonalds to pay for your volk rims?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
MR_X

Originally Posted by whitecel
Well you pay extra for it being forged instead of cast. But speaking of volks. A reputable shop down here told me that volk had raised the price on their line of rims for no reason, just profit. That's why they recommended that I go with work or something besides volk.
Actually I heard it was because the cost of metals in Japan and Asia is going up.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

You asked how we feel about them. I hate Tenzo crap. They have a couple styles that look decent, but I wouldn't ever buy them.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 AM
jdhuegel1

Originally Posted by joe645733
i dont get why ppl buy worse wheels than the stock ones.

I don't see how they're worse. They offer wider sizes, more aggressive offsets and should work just fine if you aren't jumping curbs.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Rekinyze

I think I like the Ruff Racing 279s more and more every time I see them. Anyone have these or know of some good pics of these in 19" on a Z?

Ruff seems to be pretty good quality right?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your money and buy a house. At least they don't crack......
Old 02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your money and buy a house. At least they don't crack......

THEY DON'T?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Rekinyze

hahahaha NICE!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I just read a thread the other day where some guy noticed his tire was losing air consistently and it turns out there was a crack in his Volk rim, and that was the forged barrel (rim) portion. So apparently you shouldn't buy Volks either. Best option will be to sell your car and walk everywhere. Just make sure you are invincible so that your feet don't get damaged.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Jenna03Z

get whatever wheels you want if you are just using them for DD. I would love to have volks or HREs but in houston it would just be stupid. With my luck they would be ruined in one week.

the most important things when buying a wheel for me is price, fitment, weight, and quality. I wouldn't put sportmax on my z but i've never heard anything bad about tenzo wheels.

also HRE makes tenzo wheels
Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
sweettalker
Banned

Originally Posted by ladyzed

THEY DON'T?
EPIC FAIL! LOL!!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenna03Z
also HRE makes tenzo wheels
are you sure about that and if so where do you get this info ? Rather curious to know if this is true.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
XTMACX

I agree with this. How the f*ck are you gonna say that a set of rims from a well known wheel manufacturer is just "gonna crack". These rims are $1300. Theyre not some walmart "hot wheels", or eBay $99 a piece wheels. I think $300 a wheel should get you a pretty decent piece of metal, or ceramic to put a tire around. If u ask me, spending $3,500 on some rediculous Volk wheels is more of a waste of money. Yeah, I like most of the Volk wheels, I'm not knocking them. If you have money to burn then go spend $4,500 on rims and tires, but some of us would be much happier spending $2,000 for something that looks just as good, if not better (by opinion).

But I guess all you high and mighty Steve McQueen wanna-bee Volk owners doing your jumps and donuts and off-roading stunts with your unbreakable $700 wheels will continue to have the same smart *** quips. Thats fine. Because you are still gonna get laughed at by Porshe's and Corvettes and Ferrari's everything else superior to you. There's always someone better than you.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:44 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by XTMACX
I agree with this. How the f*ck are you gonna say that a set of rims from a well known wheel manufacturer is just "gonna crack". These rims are $1300. Theyre not some walmart "hot wheels", or eBay $99 a piece wheels. I think $300 a wheel should get you a pretty decent piece of metal, or ceramic to put a tire around. If u ask me, spending $3,500 on some rediculous Volk wheels is more of a waste of money. Yeah, I like most of the Volk wheels, I'm not knocking them. If you have money to burn then go spend $4,500 on rims and tires, but some of us would be much happier spending $2,000 for something that looks just as good, if not better (by opinion).

But I guess all you high and mighty Steve McQueen wanna-bee Volk owners doing your jumps and donuts and off-roading stunts with your unbreakable $700 wheels will continue to have the same smart *** quips. Thats fine. Because you are still gonna get laughed at by Porshe's and Corvettes and Ferrari's everything else superior to you. There's always someone better than you.
Why buy a 350z when you could've purchased a civic. I take pride in what I install on my car. If I choose to spend 3k on a set of rims, that happen to be quality, have a racing heritage, forged, etc....then I will. Its the same thing with any product. If you pass a gas station, say Chevron and you see another one right next to it named Circle P for .10 cent cheaper your going to opt for the Circle P?

Why would Porsche, Ferrari and or Vette owners laugh at us, considering they wear the same wheels(Kinesis, HRE's, Volks, I Forged, etc...) I never see a Ferrari owner wearing TSW's lol or a Porsche owner sportin Tenzo. Maybe its becuase they produce subpar equipment(seats, intakes and cheap coilovers). Thats the impression I get when I think of Tenzo!

Quick Reply: Tenzo Wheels