Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Oh then that weak! I thought you had some 35 series tire. That was gay of them
haha I know!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Ztalker
almost impossible w/o the right equipment. The wrong mounting machine can chew up the rim and scrape the rubber.

I hear ya. When i was 17 in auto I tried putting low pro's on my buddies honda wheels and it was a PITA. pinched the hack outta my finger...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
ni$mo350

So.... Here's an update on getting my tires mounted..... I had an appointment with Gresham Nissan/Subaru to get them installed. I told him yesterday when I set up the appt. that I had stock size tires (245/45&225/45) on stock wheels on a Z. Go to the appointment this morning get the tires out of my friends dodge. hand over the keys. THEN!!!! he says. ohhh I didn't know it was a Z?!?!?! and that they can't do lo-pro tires?!?!?! I told him they're factory spec size tires and they're not 35's they're 45's!!!! he said he doesn't have the equipment to mount those. I said, "So let me get this straight... you refuse to mount my factory size tires on my factory wheels?" He just told me to go over to Big O down the street and that they do lo-pro's... I took them over there. The guy was super nice charged me half what Nissan was going to charge me and did it quick without any scratches... Needless to say I had my "O" face (no pun intended) when I picked up my car and will be posting pics soon...
Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
THEN!!!! he says. ohhh I didn't know it was a Z?!?!?! and that they can't do lo-pro tires?!?!?! I told him they're factory spec size tires and they're not 35's they're 45's!!!! he said he doesn't have the equipment to mount those. I said, "So let me get this straight... you refuse to mount my factory size tires on my factory wheels?" He just told me to go over to Big O down the street and that they do lo-pro's... I took them over there...
So, did you go back and thank that service writer for steering you in the right direction, saving you 50% and having the job done right and to your satisfaction? Oh, and perhaps apologize for basically being a bunghole to him?

Hmmm, maybe another trip is in order?

Just giving you a hard time. Glad you got it worked out. Standing by for pictures... *tap tap tap.. fingers on desk*
Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by clarkemtp
So, did you go back and thank that service writer for steering you in the right direction, saving you 50% and having the job done right and to your satisfaction? Oh, and perhaps apologize for basically being a bunghole to him?

Hmmm, maybe another trip is in order?

Just giving you a hard time. Glad you got it worked out. Standing by for pictures... *tap tap tap.. fingers on desk*

haha nope... I'm done with stealerships... I guess in a very sick and tragic way I do owe him a thank you BUT it's still annoying that they don't do factory stuff... Just doesn't make sense... And I'm gonna wash and wax tonight then some quick shots so wait for them tonight in the media section..
Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
haha nope... I'm done with stealerships... I guess in a very sick and tragic way I do owe him a thank you
Indeed.

BUT it's still annoying that they don't do factory stuff... Just doesn't make sense...
It's way more common that you might think. My last car, the Chevy service department was like, "Oh, sorry sir, we don't have the equipment to service your car, you'll have to take it to Goodyear". I was a bit taken aback at first but the more I thought about it, the more I thought to myself, well at least they're aware of their limitations.

In other words, I was happy they basically admitted they couldn't do it and sent me to the correct place as opposed to diving in head first, screwing something up, and then coming at me with that oh so sad "we screwed up" look on their face.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never trust volks with Les schwab. Where i come from, you go to Les Schwab to get your tractor tires mounted, or your semi truck tire replacements. Not handle your 3k rims.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by stylett9
I would never trust volks with Les schwab. Where i come from, you go to Les Schwab to get your tractor tires mounted, or your semi truck tire replacements. Not handle your 3k rims.

I'm in a pickel ( I think that's how you spell it) cuz I just picked up a new set of Volks they're releasing it's the Track-tor edition Anywho it's all over now and they're mounted fine thanks to big-ho...
Old 03-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Kinraze

seems odd to me that Les Schwab couldn't mount your stock tires on stock rims. I took mine in to a Schwab to fix a flat(screw in my tire) and there were no problems at all. It must depend on what Schwab you go to.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Kinraze
seems odd to me that Les Schwab couldn't mount your stock tires on stock rims. I took mine in to a Schwab to fix a flat(screw in my tire) and there were no problems at all. It must depend on what Schwab you go to.
I live in Gresham it was the one right next to Gresham High... The guys were cool about ti I just have a thing against the service manager now
Old 03-13-2008, 04:58 PM
ke0ki2k

I let Halls Service center do my wheels lol...just a do it all fix it all shop in Halls...they did a good job tho, no scratches, good price on the mount/balance. 180 bucks a piece of 265/40-18 BFG KDW's 0_0. its my little secret..lol

do yall have any crazy good roads up around Portland? been up there for a vacation...one of the roads going up to St. Helens looked like a GREAT road to run...nice sweepers, well maintained, AMAZING view..the whole shabang.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
I let Halls Service center do my wheels lol...just a do it all fix it all shop in Halls...they did a good job tho, no scratches, good price on the mount/balance. 180 bucks a piece of 265/40-18 BFG KDW's 0_0. its my little secret..lol

do yall have any crazy good roads up around Portland? been up there for a vacation...one of the roads going up to St. Helens looked like a GREAT road to run...nice sweepers, well maintained, AMAZING view..the whole shabang.

It's like this: The city takes all the tax money we pay and puts it towards repairing roads through out the spring/summer/fall then winter comes the stud's/chains are out and chew up the roads again... There are some nice runs and beautiful scenery but it get's old quickly between the cut up roads, constant rain (read I wash my car ever 3 hours!!!!) and 4 door civics with huge autozone exhaust and led windshield wipers.... All in all a nice city when you can find it!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Cheezwiz

Originally Posted by Kinraze
I think the Salesman didn't have the confidence in his technicians not to scratch the wheels. He did you a favor. I do that from time to time for my customers. But I'll be straight and tell him to come back when my veteran is on duty.