Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Dissapointed with Les Schwab

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
ni$mo350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dissapointed with Les Schwab

So I got my tires in yesterday and was stoked to get my freshly PC Rays mounted. Come to find out their new manager refuses service to mount and balance unless you purchase the tires through them. They were fine last year with tires I purchased online for my 240!!!! So here's a BIG FAWK YOO to the manager who just lost a customer cuz I refused to pay $200.00 more dollars for the same tires! (end rant)
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is pretty common for people not to install unless you buy parts through them
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
redlude97

I wouldn't trust them with my wheels anyways
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by redlude97
I wouldn't trust them with my wheels anyways
I ended up going to the stealership which they're charging me $90.00 to mount and balance the tires. They're not even putting them on my car just mount and balance. I wish I could go back to HS and just use they're tire mounter but they got a new teacher last year
Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
gambino

I didnt like les schwab because their CS sucked for me too. I went in for a quote and they simply asked the size (got confused when I told them I was running two tire sizes) then gave me a price. Never asked me what kind of tires, just quoted me for some T1R's. I told them I wanted BFG g-force KDW and they told me no i dont. so i left.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by gambino
I didnt like les schwab because their CS sucked for me too. I went in for a quote and they simply asked the size (got confused when I told them I was running two tire sizes) then gave me a price. Never asked me what kind of tires, just quoted me for some T1R's. I told them I wanted BFG g-force KDW and they told me no i dont. so i left.
The guys working there were cool about it and felt bad and I know it's the big guy's decision but dayum. That's what they do... tires...
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Kinraze

I have never had a problem with les schwab, and have had 4 flats fixed in the last 2 years on different cars for free by them that weren't even purchased through them. I have never tried to have them mount tires I did not purchase through them, though. What bothers me is, they charge for mount and balance when you by new tires from them. If it was free with purchase I could see not mounting tires from someone else, but it isn't.
On another note, can I trust les schwab to mount a set of volks, or will they scratch the hell out of them?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 PM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will never understand why someone would turn down business. Business = Money
Old 03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Chad68

You can get your wheels scratched by just about any shop. Depends on the person doing the work, not the company.

I carried in two stock rears to have Les Shlobs mount them and they said wahhhh no we dont normally mount carried in tires. They did do it but told me if they scratched the wheel or broke of the TPS they wouldn't be held liable.

Not liable for damging the TPS and wheel WTF. I could understad not being liable if the tires blew out or something, even though they were brand spanking new anyway.

I told the guy what diff. does it make if I buy the tires from you or not. Im paying you to do a job, mount tires. You guys do mount tires here, since it's a tire shop, right? If you scratch the wheel or break the TPS, why the hell would it matter where the tires were bought. The tires have nothing to do with damaging the rim on install.

Needless to say I don't buy tires from them anymore.

I just buy from the tire rack and take them to Americas tire or whatever that place is called and they mount ballance for 20 bucks each OTD. They mounted my 305's and no damage.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Chad68
You can get your wheels scratched by just about any shop. Depends on the person doing the work, not the company.

I carried in two stock rears to have Les Shlobs mount them and they said wahhhh no we dont normally mount carried in tires. They did do it but told me if they scratched the wheel or broke of the TPS they wouldn't be held liable.

Not liable for damging the TPS and wheel WTF. I could understad not being liable if the tires blew out or something, even though they were brand spanking new anyway.

I told the guy what diff. does it make if I buy the tires from you or not. Im paying you to do a job, mount tires. You guys do mount tires here, since it's a tire shop, right? If you scratch the wheel or break the TPS, why the hell would it matter where the tires were bought. The tires have nothing to do with damaging the rim on install.

Needless to say I don't buy tires from them anymore.

I just buy from the tire rack and take them to Americas tire or whatever that place is called and they mount ballance for 20 bucks each OTD. They mounted my 305's and no damage.

Haha my buddy works for America tire so needless to say I didn't go there...I went over there when I first got my Z interested in new wheels/tires and while I was talking to a guy outside looking at my car another person backed this old lady's van over the jack... Didn't even tell her. He told me stories about scratching a rim and taking a sharpie to it..

Last edited by ni$mo350; 03-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
Haha my buddy works for AMeirca tire so needless to say I didn't go there...I went over there when I first got my Z interested in new wheels/tires and while I was talking to a guy outside looking at my car another person backed this old lady's van over the jack... Didn't even tell her. He told me stories about scratching a rim and taking a sharpie to it..

That's nothing compaired to what the effen retards did to my 77 Porshce 924at Big Hoe tires. If I wasn't so young when that happend, I would have sued the crap out of them
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Chad68
That's nothing compaired to what the effen retards did to my 77 Porshce 924at Big Hoe tires. If I wasn't so young when that happend, I would have sued the crap out of them

Whoa Whoa wait a tick... There's a company named Big Hoe?!?!?!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Kinraze

He's talking about Big O tires, I only know of one around where I live.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Kinraze
He's talking about Big O tires, I only know of one around where I live.
ok just cheking I would literally have to drive to the nearest one and do a photoshoot with it if that were true... thanks for the let down.. BUT back on topic and it is to revolt against les schwab!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schwabbies is hit or miss man... I believe they are all independantly owned and operated, so you can find good ones and then you have the f*cked up ones.

They mounted and balanced some tires for me that I got off tirerack a year or so ago, and the service was good. Then again I have cheap *** wheels so I dont really need to be worried about them scratching them.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

1. The reason they charge so much is becuase if the phuc your wheel and tire up they have to pay for it. replacment cost!

2. thats why they charge so much

3. low profile tire are a pain in the @ss to mount I did my own @ my dads Big O tires.

4. IMO it just not worth taking the risk to mount and jack some Volks up if the customer did not buy from us. Because no matter how bas @ss the tire tech is things always happens.

Thats why you see shops charge over $100 to mount these tire on these wheels.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
1. The reason they charge so much is becuase if the phuc your wheel and tire up they have to pay for it. replacment cost!

2. thats why they charge so much

3. low profile tire are a pain in the @ss to mount I did my own @ my dads Big O tires.

4. IMO it just not worth taking the risk to mount and jack some Volks up if the customer did not buy from us. Because no matter how bas @ss the tire tech is things always happens.

Thats why you see shops charge over $100 to mount these tire on these wheels.
I understand on Volks but they didn't even look at my wheels AND they were not lo-pro. They're 245/45 and 225/45
Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by ni$mo350
I understand on Volks but they didn't even look at my wheels AND they were not lo-pro. They're 245/45 and 225/45

Oh then that weak! I thought you had some 35 series tire. That was gay of them
Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Ztalker

almost impossible w/o the right equipment. The wrong mounting machine can chew up the rims or scrape a chunk off the rubber.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Ztalker

almost impossible w/o the right equipment. The wrong mounting machine can chew up the rim and scrape the rubber.

Quick Reply: Dissapointed with Les Schwab