Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

>>> Vredestein Sessanta Vs Sumitomo HTR Z III <<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/322911-vredestein-sessanta-tire-review.html
Old 03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ honestly i found this tires from your Tread.

it was great review!!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

From the corvette forums, I found that a few people have purchased through http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/24_486 Not sure if they offer all the sizes though.

Other than the other two sites mentioned, it seems like ebay is the only other option.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

These tires do seem like a good value, but at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical at the reviews. First hand reviews are best, but then again I disagree with some of reviews that hold tires like the Toyo T1Rs and General exclaim UHPs in high regard. They're decent tires, but I feel that the low price of these tires are their best asset and largely contribute to the positive reviews.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Sensi09
These tires do seem like a good value, but at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical at the reviews. First hand reviews are best, but then again I disagree with some of reviews that hold tires like the Toyo T1Rs and General exclaim UHPs in high regard. They're decent tires, but I feel that the low price of these tires are their best asset and largely contribute to the positive reviews.

I Believe there is always good or bad.
I understand that why you said disagree with some of reviews. ( compared with toyo)
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

How many miles did you get out of the sumitomos? And did you have the kuhmo MXs. How did those compare?
The sumitomos I had were not the exact models listed here. Mine were on a FWD application and lasted a mere 10K miles.

I had the khumo MX on my Z and do not like them. Anything other than perfect conditions and they are down right dangerous. I recently installed the vredesteins as my khumos were worn with about 14K on them. regardless of how I feel about the vredesteins, I won't run the khumos again. I would probably pick up a set of BFGs if the vredesteins don't work out
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Zivman
The sumitomos I had were not the exact models listed here. Mine were on a FWD application and lasted a mere 10K miles.

I had the khumo MX on my Z and do not like them. Anything other than perfect conditions and they are down right dangerous. I recently installed the vredesteins as my khumos were worn with about 14K on them. regardless of how I feel about the vredesteins, I won't run the khumos again. I would probably pick up a set of BFGs if the vredesteins don't work out

I heard lot of good things about BFG.
expec ' Noise '
Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by xhooniex83
I Believe there is always good or bad.
I understand that why you said disagree with some of reviews. ( compared with toyo)
I was looking to purchase the Vredestein for another vehicle, but they didn't have the sizes I needed. I was going to go with some RE-01Rs which don't cost to much more than lower level Bridgestones for some reason, but I ended up buying a set of tires on sale instead.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I was looking to purchase the Vredestein for another vehicle, but they didn't have the sizes I needed. I was going to go with some RE-01Rs which don't cost to much more than lower level Bridgestones for some reason, but I ended up buying a set of tires on sale instead.
so what did you get?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

RE050A Pole Positions. I ran them on the Z and was quite fond of them. On the tirerack, they were special priced for the sizes I needed.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

RE050A Pole Positions. I ran them on the Z and was quite fond of them. On the tirerack, they were special priced for the sizes I needed.

lucky, how come i missed all the special things..
Old 03-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Zivman

I heard lot of good things about BFG.
expec ' Noise '
exactly. I can handle a little road noise as long as the tires are decent
Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

exactly. I can handle a little road noise as long as the tires are decent

That was only one reason i didn't order BFG.
i don't think i can handle loud noise.

but i got a quote from local discount tires

they gave me 900 even. 255/35/18 275/35/18 wasn't that bad
Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

i actually bought a set of Faulkins but my next set will either be Vredesteins. I should have gone with them initially however i was impatient and couldnt wait to have them shipped.

For the price and looks you cant go wrong..hell i may just buy two sets
Old 03-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Zivman

That was only one reason i didn't order BFG.
i don't think i can handle loud noise.
and you own a Z. My Z has more road noise than any car I have owned... damn hatch
Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HTR ZIII and am in love so far. Amazing grip, even in cold weather... really really sticky. No road noise... ride is a little harsher than the GSD3s I ran. The only thing is that the sidewalls are a little rounder than I like. On the wet roads yesterday they were perfectly fine, but I have not had them in a downpour yet to judge.

They are very good tires so far, and have a 300 wear rating... for the price I am amazed... the whole set from TireRack was 550 bucks.

I don't really want to 'endorse' them until I have had a chance to get them fully broken in (still under 500mis and they are already fantastic), driven in warm weather (since they are summer UHP), in heavy rain and after decent mileage for an idea of the wear.

I am the 2nd guy in my club to get these tires and we are both blown away so far. I will be writing a review once the conditions above are met.

TireRack already has a comparison test of the HTRZIII and some reviews from users that can give you some data to compare (which I know I already gave you): http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...irePageLocQty=

Last edited by Motormouth; 03-17-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

zivman^ yep u r right, but not bad on highway.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Motormouth
no offense, but if you didn't have the model we are talking about, why post up? you talk about tire wear, are they rated the same as the HTRZIII? not bashing you Ziv but apples to apples
I guess my point was that the tires had a similar treadware rating to other tires I was looking at. But they only lasted about half as long... I ran khumos on that car afterwords in comparison.

I know it is not directly apples to apples, but just my opinion. There is no industry standard when it comes to treadware, and IMHO sumitomo inflated theirs to more directly compete with the competition.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Zivman

zivman^ yep u r right, but not bad on highway.
everything resonates off the hatch in my car. Lots of road noise on the highway in my car.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess my point was that the tires had a similar treadware rating to other tires I was looking at. But they only lasted about half as long... I ran khumos on that car afterwords in comparison.

I know it is not directly apples to apples, but just my opinion. There is no industry standard when it comes to treadware, and IMHO sumitomo inflated theirs to more directly compete with the competition.
I am skeptical of a 300 wear rating as well, since these tires seem awefully sticky. as I said, once the miles have been put on, I will def. post up... shouldn't be long with how much I drive (ZdayZ!!!)

I just didn't want people to write these tires off based on thier old ones (which I wouldn't run on)

Quick Reply: >>> Vredestein Sessanta Vs Sumitomo HTR Z III <<<