Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Opinions on these wheels please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 AM
gregom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on these wheels please...

This is sort of a repost of what I posted in my spacers thread but I wanted to get more feedback in the raw on this... I'm looking for a cheap set of decent looking wheels. At this point the offset is important as I don't want the wheels to be tucked inside the body like the TSW's I have now...

Basically i'm trying to keep a set of wheels under $1,000, and the lower the better as long as I like the style and the offset is okay. If you have a nice set of wheels on your Z that cost less than $1K please post a pic!!!!

If you could give me general feedback on what you think of these and if the offset will look okay.

This is what I have now:

And the offset is, well... crap...

And here is what i'm considering...

Kazera KZ-F's:
18x18.5 and 18x10.5, 30mm and 44mm offset respectively.
This would run me about $716 just for the wheels.

Kazera KZ-A's:
18x18.5 and 18x9.5, 30mm and 35mm offset respectively.
This would run me about $716 just for the wheels.

So please give me your opinons, good and bad.

Last edited by gregom; 03-20-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:42 AM
gdup35sedan

The offset you have now is crap, and the offset on the 2 you're considering are crap as well. You'll need atleast 20mm spacers all around on all the sets to make them look decent.
-GP-
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM
NickRaine78

very fugly.....but thats a red heads opinion.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
gregom

So these here that i'm looking at wouldn't be flush with the body? I don't really wanan have to get spacers....

I think these wheels look okay though, so the offset is the only real major concern here for me. But its good to know what others think.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
xelaremnarc

Just my opinion, but maybe you should look around in the marketplace a bit. There are many vendors there that sell affordable wheels, and they should be able to help you get the right offset, and maybe even a staggered setup if thats what you want. Many of them can also set you up with tires at a discounted price too, if you do sell the ones you have now.

Your looking at pretty cheap wheels, not only in price, but in quality too.

If you have no other option, maybe look in the private classifieds for a set of used stock wheels. They may need small spacers, but they will look nice, and they should hold up decently.

I just got some Volk LE28Ns, and went with 19x9.5 in the front, and 19x10.5 in the back, with a +22 offset all around. It is flush with the fender, so maybe look for some wheels with those sizes and offsets.

Good Luck.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
raf84ny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell TSWs and save some more money - then buy quality wheels with low offset.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
SlideWays314

get wheels with offsets no higher than 20mm all around. I have +30 on the fronts and +25 on the rear, and I ended up putting a 15mm spacer on the front and a 20mm on the rear just to make them flush
Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Mamounas123

My best advice to you is buy quality parts for your vehicle. Quality parts cost more but are way better than the cheaper ****. In my opinoin save some money and get nicer wheels like volks or works. In the end for example if you were looking to get rid of your car. It would be much easier and you would get most of your money back when you sell those wheels as opposed to crappy wheels like adrs which will be harder to sell. Also in general. which clothing is better Dolce Gabbana or the crap from K-mart and walmart.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Sick Z

If you want a cheap setup (which isn't a great idea, these cars are expensive to mod), top choices IMO would be Rota, RH, or Craxis. But yeah like everyone else says, those wheels you are considering are very week offsets like the ones you have currently.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
gregom

Well Dave the Rota P45R's look nice for $800... Maybe i'll do that because that looks pretty good.

What you think guys? Those look okay on my ZR? I think so...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
xelaremnarc

Rotas aren't great, but they will look much better than your current setup. If you like them, and they fit your budget, I say do it.

Just make sure you get the right sizes and offsets...I would spend a bit more and get 19" if I were you.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
xelaremnarc

But don't just settle on something either. I was like you before I got mine, constantly switching between wheels thinking they were the ones. Lucky for me, I didnt buy and waited, then found my perfect set in the LE28Ns.

Even though your current wheels are not good at all, make sure you actually like the Rotas before you go out and buy them. If your just buying something to buy something, your going to end up in the same boat you are now. Make sure you really love the wheels and can live with them before you get them.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:01 PM
gregom

These Rota's are exactly the style i'm looking for... I think the look great personally, and they look like they will fit well too. I wanted this style before I got the TSW's but couldnt find them locally. At first I didn't even understand or know what offset was so it didnt bother me. But over time, after looking at the car a bit and hearing others comments the TSW's have been bugging me.

I know what you mean about going quality though, thing is I don't have the money and probably wont so I will have to 'settle' with something. Frankly I think these Rotas look great and if they are good quality I think this will be the way I go.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
nkohler

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you may take into consideration that Z you posted looks like its been lowered, so an 18 inch wheel is going to look a lot better on a lowered car than stock height.

I think the rotas are a good wheel for someone who is on a budget. Yes, wouldnt we all love to be able to buy $3000 volks but sometimes its not justifyable for everyone. However if a set of used volks (between $2000-$2600) is doable in the near future I would save for those, you will thank yourself in the end. If you go with the rotas, it will still be a step up from those TSWs.

Also, if you are looking at the rotas for sale in the vendor section, those have a +30 offset, which... still is not really ideal... I would look closer to a +20-+25 offset for a good offset that will not require fender rolling.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gregom
Well Dave the Rota P45R's look nice for $800... Maybe i'll do that because that looks pretty good.

What you think guys? Those look okay on my ZR? I think so...
Those are way nicer looking than what you have now and they sit nice too. What sizes are they and price? Are they in your budget?

Like they said, just make sure you really like the wheels you get.

Edit, saw the price, so I guess they're in your budget.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Use a offset calculator to compare your current wheels to the new wheels. With the new dimensions, check the car with a tape. Do you clear the suspension, brakes calipers and fenders? Reference: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

I responded to your PM. If you have any other questions please let me know!

The Rota P45 staggered setup is a very nice option and will work well for you. I have the Hyper Silver staggered in stock that you posted a picture of above and also the used Royal Steel Grey set that you PM'ed about. The Rota staggered setup has the same specs as the Nismo LMGT4 wheels. As you can see in the picture the fitment is really nice, after all these wheels are meant for the 350Z specifically.

dave079 - Thanks for the support Dave!

-Dan
Old 03-20-2008, 03:29 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, how did you end up with such shitty wheels? That sizing doesn't belong anywhere near a Z.
Contact wheeldude.com about rota torques or P45 in 18 X 9.5 +20-25
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
gregom

Thanks for the replies guys... I WILL be lowering my Z its just a matter of money/time.

I really like these rims, the exact style i'm looking for and a price I can afford. I don't have a lot of money to spend on my car so going with a expensive set of Volks is not really an option. I gotta do other mods too!!!

As for how I ended up with the TSW's... well the rims that came on the car were so repulsive I had to get them off. Being impatient (dumb mistake, I know) I went to a local retail tire shop and picked the TSW's because they looked decent. At that time I knew nothing of offset or how any of this worked so I screwed myself on that one.

Regardless i'm probably going to get these Rota's, and then sell teh TSW's in local Craigslist after I get the Rota's on.

Thanks for all your help guys, I wish I had researched this stuff before I bought wheels but I thought it was all pretty simple, lol.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these wheels please...