Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Please Rate theses Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

my friend has the ADR M-Classics on his g35...they look ok, standard euro mesh design. All he cares about is looks so its perfect for him. If you like em rock em however I wouldnt put em on my car for fear of cracking...which could lead to much worse things
Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

offsets are usually horrible, and they arent the most durable but at least look decent. i wouldnt put them on my Z but i would consider them on my daily mr2 beater.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

ya there offsets are terrible
Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
BBS make some of the best wheels you can buy, so if buying a quality product constitutes pissing money away, then a lot of people on this site are guilty

A lot of people on here are guilty of buying something that has a Ray or Volk sticker on it and bashing anything else. That is what they are guilty of.

A curbed wheel can be ruined no matter what you spend on it. Untill we see the OPs choice of rims crap out from agressive driving, he is doing the right thing.

I think the stocks are sturdy, we have seen them fail on rare occasion, is spending 800 bucks each on a rim going to prevent that?

3,200 bucks sitting on the outside of your car for all the world to see with no way to really secure them isn't much more than pissing your money away.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Sean

cracked Axis
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=cracked
cracked Volk
Cracked Axis
Cracked Axis

Cracked Axis

DAMN Axis cracking like crazy.... that wasn't a good bandwagon to jump on.

Cracked stock

Cracked stock

Cracked stock

Cracked stock

Cracked stock

So there you go, I didn't see a bunch of "My 99 cent rims cracked" threads.

I think the OP is better off going with what he saw and getting rid of the obviously dangerous stock rims.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

axis shines havent cracked mine yet. Plus i think the hiros are ugly anyways. The only way i can see mine cracking is if i hit a curb head on or something. Then i would understand it breaking. just get a decent quality wheel most of the time they arent gonna crack driving down the street. Hit a 2 foot deep pothole possibly or a curb maybe. But normal everyday driving not too often. ADR though are ugly by the time you pay 130 for rears and 130 for front spacers/ estimating. Your looking at close to 1900 dollars with your tires added of course, and you need spacers or those will look stupid imo.. I got my axis shines with tires for around 2k. Just my opinion, i actually thought about those same wheels because they were cheap. Oh and dont buy them off ebay through UAP that guy sucks teh cacksorz.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Kinraze

Originally Posted by Sean
A lot of people on here are guilty of buying something that has a Ray or Volk sticker on it and bashing anything else. That is what they are guilty of.

A curbed wheel can be ruined no matter what you spend on it. Untill we see the OPs choice of rims crap out from agressive driving, he is doing the right thing.

I think the stocks are sturdy, we have seen them fail on rare occasion, is spending 800 bucks each on a rim going to prevent that?

3,200 bucks sitting on the outside of your car for all the world to see with no way to really secure them isn't much more than pissing your money away.
Everytime I read a thread like this, there is someone like you that wants only to bash those that wasted their money on volks. Most Volk rims look better than any of these cheaper brands regardless of build quality. I will never understand why someone would by a $30k sports car and put some of the cheapest wheels they can find on it. You make some valid points on rim purchase, but only for someone who is buying an economical family sedan. Do you forget you are driving a 350Z? If you aren't willing to put up the money for good rims, than why would you "****" so much money away buying the car itself. The OP will probably want to upgrade later on when he sees for himself how much better The quality rims look. In the long run he will save himself by spending a little more now Vs buying another set of wheels later.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:28 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is what you get
Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

pwnt
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Sean

Originally Posted by Kinraze
Everytime I read a thread like this, there is someone like you that wants only to bash those that wasted their money on volks. Most Volk rims look better than any of these cheaper brands regardless of build quality. I will never understand why someone would by a $30k sports car and put some of the cheapest wheels they can find on it. You make some valid points on rim purchase, but only for someone who is buying an economical family sedan. Do you forget you are driving a 350Z? If you aren't willing to put up the money for good rims, than why would you "****" so much money away buying the car itself. The OP will probably want to upgrade later on when he sees for himself how much better The quality rims look. In the long run he will save himself by spending a little more now Vs buying another set of wheels later.

How many people here paid 30k?

You can get them for 17 all day long.
Most people here likely paid less than 25k. Should you throw on wheels worth 15% of the price you paid for the car?

Volk rims look better? Better than what, the million other 5 spoke cookie cutters out there? If they came stock on our car there would be many more people going for aftermarket rims.

The only rims I really love are 3,800 bucks. There is zero chance I will spend that kind of money on rims for a Z. (BTW, that would be 7 months of car payments and some left over for gas.)
Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Kinraze

How many people here paid 30k?

You can get them for 17 all day long.
Most people here likely paid less than 25k. Should you throw on wheels worth 15% of the price you paid for the car?

Volk rims look better? Better than what, the million other 5 spoke cookie cutters out there? If they came stock on our car there would be many more people going for aftermarket rims.

The only rims I really love are 3,800 bucks. There is zero chance I will spend that kind of money on rims for a Z. (BTW, that would be 7 months of car payments and some left over for gas.)
O.K., so if you purchased your car for 17K used, then by your logic, why would you waste money on brand new cheaply built wheels. You should purchase a good set of used higher quality rims. You can get a good set of used volks for $1500 or less.

You've made your opinion quite clear regarding wheels. I question why you are even on these forums at all. This site is primarily for auto enthusiasts who want to upgrade their Zs and share with others what they have done and help others with upgrading. Your intent is to preach to us how we do nothing but waste money on wothless upgrades like volks and should keep our cars stock so we can put more money towards car payments and gas.

"The only rims I really love are 3,800 bucks. There is zero chance I will spend that kind of money on rims for a Z". This quote even further solidifies the fact that you shouldn't be here giving anyone advice. To good for the Z? What car would you spend that kind of money on? Maybe you should frequent that car's forums.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cracked stock
I think the OP is better off going with what he saw and getting rid of the obviously dangerous stock rims.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by Kinraze
O.K., so if you purchased your car for 17K used, then by your logic, why would you waste money on brand new cheaply built wheels. You should purchase a good set of used higher quality rims. You can get a good set of used volks for $1500 or less.

You've made your opinion quite clear regarding wheels. I question why you are even on these forums at all. This site is primarily for auto enthusiasts who want to upgrade their Zs and share with others what they have done and help others with upgrading. Your intent is to preach to us how we do nothing but waste money on wothless upgrades like volks and should keep our cars stock so we can put more money towards car payments and gas.
"The only rims I really love are 3,800 bucks. There is zero chance I will spend that kind of money on rims for a Z". This quote even further solidifies the fact that you shouldn't be here giving anyone advice. To good for the Z? What car would you spend that kind of money on? Maybe you should frequent that car's forums.
No, this site is for a few people to bash others like the OP who don't pick from a wheel selection that has been done to death.
It's like a club, and if everyone doesn't join it you all get your ****** hurt over it.
The OP is the one who started getting preached to, not on the basis of the rims themselves, but on how he should get the same 2 the "cool kids" have.
So maybe the only advice YOU are fit to give is what you were told is cool before you followed it?

There are no "my ADR rims cracked" threads on here, nor other similar low priced rims for that matter.
Stock, Axis and a Volk were all that are listed on this site thus far.
All of you saying the ADR will crack, where is your post showing where yours cracked?
I haven't seen any reasonable proof that his wheels won't be just as good as the other brands. I have seen proof that people are paying a lot for a sticker.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by dspiel
my friend has the ADR M-Classics on his g35...they look ok, standard euro mesh design. All he cares about is looks so its perfect for him. If you like em rock em however I wouldnt put em on my car for fear of cracking...which could lead to much worse things

Did your ADR rims crack? Why do you think his will?
Originally Posted by dspiel
i bought some ADR M-CLASSICS from ebay, good for the price
The fact that you own ADR rims, and rather than speak up about it you talk about a "fear of cracking" puts you in the crowd.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

SSR>Volk

ADRs are garbage wheels, bend like clintons back for lobbist money
Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
SSR>Volk

Picks? because I see a ton of ADR users on this sight and no one had made a thread about ADR failure.

I can't belive you didn't show us your pics before to try to protect the Z community.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:38 PM
VQ35DEchick

Look ADR's are fine. Who cares what other people think. my BF is running ADR's on his Z and he gets nothing but compliments. He bought the wheels because he runs the gap (us-129) almost everyday. He knew he would scratch them to hell or do other damage to them. He can replace his whole set for the price of one or two volks.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM
VQ35DEchick

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
SSR>Volk

Is this coming from someone who has never owned ADR's? Because they dont i've seen what my bf has put them threw and they dont bend...
Old 03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by VQ35DEchick
Is this coming from someone who has never owned ADR's? Because they dont i've seen what my bf has put them threw and they dont bend...

Pics? with you in front of the rims?