Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 03:11 PM
thoalex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Sensors

Hi all,

Oh.. am I having fun. I had a flat tire a few weeks ago and somewhere between point A and point B the tire sensor broke. Of course everyone blames everyone else and it's not worth it to me to fight over this (my life is far too short). So, it boils down to I just want to get it fixed. The place that fixed my tire said that they'd fix it and were supposed to order the part. They haven't called in weeks so I'm moving on. Nissan won't even *look* at the car because i have aftermarket rims. (I'm not fond of the Nissan dealers here in Vegas). So, I'm off to the next step. I'll do it myself dammit. Here's the problem though. I don't know how!! It's the front left tire sensor so a) I need to buy one of those and then b) I need to get it installed (I think I can handle this part) and then c) I need to get it calibrated.

Any help would be appreciated on a, b or c!

Thanks
Thomas
Old 07-02-2003, 03:18 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only nissan can order them for you. they are a propriary nissan part.

next any tire shop can put em in, have to unmount the tire, put it in, remount and balance.

only nissan can calibrate them.

basicly find a dealer that will work with you. thats your only chance.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:29 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Tire Sensors

Originally posted by thoalex
Hi all,

Oh.. am I having fun. I had a flat tire a few weeks ago and somewhere between point A and point B the tire sensor broke. Of course everyone blames everyone else and it's not worth it to me to fight over this (my life is far too short). So, it boils down to I just want to get it fixed. The place that fixed my tire said that they'd fix it and were supposed to order the part. They haven't called in weeks so I'm moving on. Nissan won't even *look* at the car because i have aftermarket rims. (I'm not fond of the Nissan dealers here in Vegas). So, I'm off to the next step. I'll do it myself dammit. Here's the problem though. I don't know how!! It's the front left tire sensor so a) I need to buy one of those and then b) I need to get it installed (I think I can handle this part) and then c) I need to get it calibrated.

Any help would be appreciated on a, b or c!

Thanks
Thomas

Ask for Larry at the Discount Tire store on West Sahara. He installed the sensors on my Volks wheels and he knows his craft.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:32 PM
thoalex

I seriously hate those damn sensor. So I called a couple of Nissan places to find out how much the part was. Douglas Nissan wanted *$350*. That's the highest I ever heard. Desert Nissan (who I hate) wanted $286 and they had it in stock so I went and got that one. Had Larry from Discount put it in but *now* it needs to be initialized *sigh*. So, I go back over to Desert and they'll initialize it (for another $69 - ridiculous). Ok, fine just get this over with. I wait there half an hour and their computer that does the initialization is down. I have to go back next week to get it initialized.

It won't get me anywhere but I'm writing Nissan about this ordeal. The price of the sensor is outrageous to begin with but the hassel I've gone through with this has been just idiotic.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:48 PM
ZZtopp

The service manager at Desert NIssan is scum.

When I first got my Z, I wanted a warped rocker panel replaced. Now this was at a time when there were almost no Z's in town at all...I got mine in Arizona. The service manager got all excited when he saw the car. He disappeared for a few minutes then returned to tell me that I'd have to leave my Z there at the dealership for a couple of weeks so that the car would definitely be there as soon as the Nissan rep arrived to check it out. I told him no...that I'd bring the car in when the Nissan rep was there...all he had to do was call me. This ******* got totally pissed off at me a finally said "...if you won't leave your car with us, we'll never service it." He was really out of control...it was almost laughable. If I wasn't so big, I think he would have taken a swing at me. I wrote Nissan about the incident, and they did nothing. I can only imagine what plans this guy had for my Z...a demo for the sales department perhaps?

I then took my car over to United Nissan, they took one look at it, ordered the panel, had it painted and replaced it. No problems.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:21 PM
thoalex

Well I had horrible problems over at United. I'll never send anyone to buy a car over to Desert (any of them - screw you John Elway, don't like you either). United though, they wouldn't even "look" at the problem because I had third party rims. The service guy just kept saying over and over, "you have third party rims, that's probably the problem". I kept telling him that I'd had the rims for months without a problem and that I didn't even care how much it cost just *fix* the problem. He still wouldn't even look at them. Even asked me if I had the old rims still. He was a complete moron. I guess we could try Douglas