Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Need tire size help for my aggressive offsetting Auto Couture wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 AM
MRJDMZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tire size help for my aggressive offsetting Auto Couture wheels...

What's up guys...I drive a white G37 S coupe lowered on Tein S-Tech springs from a G35 which lowered my car about 2 inches all around and just finally received my Auto Couture Aristo wheels in 20x9.5f and 20x10.5r in all Matte blk including the lips pictured below. I got them ordered with aggressive offsets and when I test fitted the wheels the other day since the car was raised on a jack, both front and rear wheels stick out about an inch or so out the fenders. But ofcourse if I had the wheels mounted on the car and then the car lowered, the wheels would be pushed inward due to the car being lowered on springs...

What tire setup shoup I go for since I'm doing my G all VIP...225/35/20f & 245/35/20r to give it that nice stretch? Because when I get the wheels mounted on the car and when the car is lowered from the jack, where do you think my car will sit on the wheels since I have springs on. I'm also planning on ordering ofcourse the BC Racing Coilovers to most probably for sure slam it more to get the lips close to the fenders, etc...I'm for sure going to need to roll the front fenders, but the rear doesn't need any fender rolling due to the fact that from the factory they already come rolled...Do you guys think I'll have to pull any of my fenders out to make the wheels fit on my G without any rubbing due to the fact how aggressive the offsets are on my wheels? Or with the fenders rolled in I should be fine...

Below is a pic of my car lowered on G35 S-Tech springs..and also a pic of the new wheels. How do you think my wheels will look when they're installed, being how my car is lowered right now? Let me know. Thanks

Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 AM
hatchboi

bought them from Riley?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 AM
MRJDMZ33

Originally Posted by hatchboi
bought them from Riley?
I was going to get them from Riley, but I wasn't ready at the time. When I was ready to order, he had told me that he's not in the business anymore but that he could still get it. I just settle ordering the wheels from D2Autosport.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no one can tell you because you have no offsets listed. Also, these are the types of questions you should ask your dealer before you buy IMHO...after the fact means your stuck with them no matter where they end up sitting
Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Celestak

I don't know anything about the G37's aftermarket support but you need to look into some sort of camber kit........ I would think that you'd be able to use kits made for the previous gen Z/G's....... but again I have no idea about the G37's try pm'in some of the vendors on this site (here's some links - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...c=&r=&b=&m=all , http://www.iapdirect.com/home.php?cat=355 ,http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/index.php?cPath=69), http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...p?category=143...... and if you are truly going for a vip fittment understand that this means stretch tires and camber in order to fit aggressively offsetted wheels..... and of course camber means yes..... your tires will wear faster...... and blah, blah, blah........ many members here think that is stupid and really are only going to try to discourage you....... I would recommend you check out a forum called vipstylecars.com you'll find a lot of helpful advice there...... from ppl who actually are fans of the style like myself...... and have actually driven extreme setups instead of taking advice from people (i.e. 350z forum members) who haven't and think the style is absurd........

BTW I think it'll look sick one you get them fittin' properly..... oh yeah and I bought my wheels from Derrick from D2 autosport.com....... Great dude.....

GL....

Last edited by Celestak; 04-17-2008 at 01:07 AM.