Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Scraped wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 04:32 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scraped wheel

My brother was driving my car, and when he was driving, some big *** SUV must not have seen him, and started merging into his lane cut him off, he ended up scraping the front right wheel into the curb and scraped the whole outside part of the lip on the wheel. I have Volk GT-7's, they have a polished lip. The damage is pretty bad to me, it's scraped all around the outside. Does anyone know if you can get that fixed, or should I just go and order a new wheel? Does insurance cover this sort of thing? He didn't get the license plate of the truck, so not sure if they would cover it or not. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:01 AM
abstrakt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since the lip is polished they might be able to sand it down and repolish it...but don't quote me. i would find a wheel repair shop and ask them. good luck w/it and sorry to hear about that
Old 07-07-2003, 06:34 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if those are forged it gets tougher.

pictures would help, if there are any gouges itd be expensive to fix.

get an estimate for the repair, but you might be lookin at a new rim.

I couldnt imagine your deductable not being higher than the cost of this, a new rim cant be more than 500$, and I doubt your deductable is less than that.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:41 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to take pics, but my parents had my cam for the holiday weekend, so I'm just waiting for them to get back. I forget the price on the GT7's, I think it's somewhere near 550$+, have to check. It's not like the rim is bent, its just that on the top of the outside lip, near the tire, its scraped up. Like someone took a file to it. The only bad part is, it's all around the rim, not in like one or two spots, which makes it suck more I'll take pics tonight and post them, I really hope it doesn't cost me a new rim. I'll have to look around locally here in Raleigh and see if there are any shops that can fix this. Why do these tiny women drive big *** SUV's? I'll give insurance a call and see what they say. I'm pissed