Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anyone have TPMS on Volk Challenges???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 PM
KAZ350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have TPMS on Volk Challenges???

I've been searching and asked a few people, but no one has it on and told me I'd probably have to use the band method. Anyone have a definite answer? thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, you definitely have to do the banding method if you want your TPS installed.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Kinraze

The sensors will not just fit straight from OEM wheels. You do not need to do the banding method. My shop used 90 deg valve stem adapters like the ones shown here http://www.iforged.com/press/may25/may25.php. I don't have challenges, but I have GTFs and I believe the valve setup is the same on both wheels. This adapter allows the sensor to lay flat against the barrel. I'm not sure why the site mods haven't updated the FAQs about these. I would rather do this than stick giant hose clamp bands around my wheel.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
LAKERSFAN

Nice find Kinraze!

I wonder if these will work on my Volk GT-S wheels...............
Old 04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
LAKERSFAN

well i called iForged and they told me that the 90 degree angled adapter is only for 3 pc wheels....... but from looking at the pics on the link above, it looks like the 90 degree angled one will work..... hmmmmmm

so now im more confused.....

bump for any info!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 PM
KAZ350Z

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
well i called iForged and they told me that the 90 degree angled adapter is only for 3 pc wheels....... but from looking at the pics on the link above, it looks like the 90 degree angled one will work..... hmmmmmm

so now im more confused.....

bump for any info!
+1 Great find, but not sure if it'll work with my challenges, because I don't have access to them till either this weekend or next. Anyways, who wants to be the guinea pig??? If no one does it in the next two weeks I might give it a shot.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
KAZ350Z

Originally Posted by Kinraze
The sensors will not just fit straight from OEM wheels. You do not need to do the banding method. My shop used 90 deg valve stem adapters like the ones shown here http://www.iforged.com/press/may25/may25.php. I don't have challenges, but I have GTFs and I believe the valve setup is the same on both wheels. This adapter allows the sensor to lay flat against the barrel. I'm not sure why the site mods haven't updated the FAQs about these. I would rather do this than stick giant hose clamp bands around my wheel.
Also do you have any pics of the setup on your GTF's? thanks or pics of the valve stem layout
Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
gambino

Is there something bad about the band method? When I had my GTFs installed last fall, they used the band method and I have not had one problem
Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kinraze is the man! If these work on my Work wheels, D@MN!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by gambino
Is there something bad about the band method? When I had my GTFs installed last fall, they used the band method and I have not had one problem

i dont think there is necessarily anything bad about using the banding method. i know a lot of people have gone that way.

this just seems to be a much cleaner method.....
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
LAKERSFAN

well, i left a message with iforged to find out how to order them. im going with the angled ones. from looking at the pics on the link, i think they will work so im gonna give it a shot. hopefully get them installed this weekend, but if not, then next.

will let you all know.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Kinraze

There isn't anything wrong with the band method, it just seemed simpler to use the adapter. I do not have pics of what mine looked like during install. I had seen the iforge ones a while back and was interested in them. I took my car to a shop that specializes in modding cars, so it wasn't just a tire dealer. I was afraid of a large chain tire dealer scratching my volks up. I was actually just going to role without the sensors in, but the owner of the shop told me they had a bracket they could install to get them to work. I asked him if I could see this bracket and he showed me a whole box of them. The bracket he refered to was a 90 deg valve stem with a round piece at the bottom to attach the sensor to. The valve stems he showed me were not iforged, I do not remember the name brand. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the valve stem adapters he has look exactly like the ones in the iforge pics. vivid racing, a member of this site if I'm not mistaken has some valve stem adapters that look like the iforge ones made by wheel power. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/w...vpa1mbnvtadd35
Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
KAZ350Z

well, i left a message with iforged to find out how to order them. im going with the angled ones. from looking at the pics on the link, i think they will work so im gonna give it a shot. hopefully get them installed this weekend, but if not, then next.

will let you all know.
please do. thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
KAZ350Z

Originally Posted by Kinraze
There isn't anything wrong with the band method, it just seemed simpler to use the adapter. I do not have pics of what mine looked like during install. I had seen the iforge ones a while back and was interested in them. I took my car to a shop that specializes in modding cars, so it wasn't just a tire dealer. I was afraid of a large chain tire dealer scratching my volks up. I was actually just going to role without the sensors in, but the owner of the shop told me they had a bracket they could install to get them to work. I asked him if I could see this bracket and he showed me a whole box of them. The bracket he refered to was a 90 deg valve stem with a round piece at the bottom to attach the sensor to. The valve stems he showed me were not iforged, I do not remember the name brand. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the valve stem adapters he has look exactly like the ones in the iforge pics. vivid racing, a member of this site if I'm not mistaken has some valve stem adapters that look like the iforge ones made by wheel power. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/w...vpa1mbnvtadd35
Do you think discountire or another chain have any knowledge of different methods? I can imagine they deal with it a lot.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Kinraze

I have heard of people buying these adapters in a corvette forum and some of them were able to get discount tire to mount them. The issue isn't with installing the valve stem adapter. That part is crazy easy. The difficulty comes from when you try to mount your tire. The valve stem is located in the center of the wheel and therefore is where your sensor will be located. The difficulty is getting the tire to slide over it without damaging it. It is not a one man job to do it. Here is the vette forum that may give you some better info. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1967005

[Edit]
I am adding a pic. You will have to excuse the dirty wheel, as it is raining like a mother out their and I was driving around earlier. As you can see it looks like a regular 90 deg valve stem from the top. The sensor is attached to it on the inside of the wheel.

Last edited by Kinraze; 04-29-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
LAKERSFAN

so you actually replaced the whole valve stem with another one?

i just ordered the bracket adapters, and supposedly i can use these with the valve stems that came with the volks. (per iforged)
Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Kinraze

so you actually replaced the whole valve stem with another one?

i just ordered the bracket adapters, and supposedly i can use these with the valve stems that came with the volks. (per iforged)
Yes, the valve stem is not the original rays that came with the wheel. The valve stem was part of the adapter put on my car. I suppose you could detach the adapter part and reattach it to whatever valve stem you want.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
KAZ350Z

I just got off the phone with vincent wong at iforged, and he said their adapters will definitely work so I ordered them. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Btw if you're just getting into the thread I'm putting them on the Volk Challenges where lakersfan has the GT-S's. Hopefully they'll work for both of us
Old 04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by KAZ350Z
I just got off the phone with vincent wong at iforged, and he said their adapters will definitely work so I ordered them. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Btw if you're just getting into the thread I'm putting them on the Volk Challenges where lakersfan has the GT-S's. Hopefully they'll work for both of us

did you order the brackets or the whole valve stem replacement?

the guy at iforged i talked to said i need to go with the brackets since he doesnt know if the whole valve stem replacement will work as far as length of the valve stem and thread pattern.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It appears that the actuall company that makes these is called TPMSSOLUTION. If you click on the installation instructions on the Iforged link it will show you all thier information. They are based out of anaheim, CA.
I am going to give them a call and see if they have any experience with Volk wheels.

It appears the number I just called is for IForged. They are just doing these under a different name.

Last edited by THEDUKE; 04-30-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have TPMS on Volk Challenges???