Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Suggestions for Volk's offset

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 08:52 AM
jran76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for Volk's offset

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a proper offset to use for Ray's Eng. Volk LE37T's, 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear, I think Nismo went 30mm in front and 38mm in rear on the same size wheels with a 20mm lowered car....

I plan to use the Nismo suspension, but not right away, and I would like to get the wheels now....

So, my question: Will a similar offset work lowered or not lowered? The 8.5 come in 30 and 40mm offsets, the 9.5 come in 35 and 40mm offsets....

I am not 100% sure of the available offsets for the Volk's, I thought I saw them in a 38mm offset, anyone know for sure?

Any other suggsetions???

What about these....
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions for Volk's offset-gramlight_57pro_gm2.jpg  
Old 08-16-2002, 08:19 PM
jran76

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned those wheels are Ray's Gram Light's they are in Gunmetal....

I don't want to wait
j/k
Old 08-17-2002, 02:28 AM
blackS

...I can't tell if the finish shown is the gold (the gram light 57 pros), or the gunmetal.
As far as size/offset goes, it is +12 on the 18x9.5 LMGT4 (the 5 spoke volk wheel made for nismo). I would assume that's probably the same offset used for the 19x9.5 inch TE-37s the fitted on the rear of the Top Secret 350Z, but I do not know what the offset is for the front set ( 19x8.5).
Personally, I think I am going with the 18 inch gram light 57 pros in gunmetal. The only problem is that they only have 8, 9 and 10 inch widths (no half sizes), so I don't really know what the best combo would be (I would think 18x8's up front, and 18x9's in rear, or maybe even 18x9's and 18x10's, but either way, the offset would probably change...)
Try this link for all sizes/offsets available for the 57pro ...
http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/cgi-bin/...odelName=57PRO
...if you go to the volk website, and go to their wheels catalog, and select any wheel they have, three buttons will come up with the description. The top one gives you the size/offsets ....
Old 08-17-2002, 02:58 AM
texlace

Default Wheels

For what good wheels cost...... I can't believe you guys are talking about wheels before the car gets here. Wait and measure the damn wheels. Look at the stock wheel to fender clearance. See if you can stand wider rims, more offset, etc. But for God's sake., wait and take a look at the car before you spend money on wheels......Chill out a little.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:25 AM
jran76

The pic is of the gunmetal (seems a little light compred to the pics of the gunmetal LE's I have seen, I like those a lot though, and thanks for the link, I was on the sight a few weeks ago, and could not find it again, for some reason if I go to the main web address for the Japan sight it say it is forbiden....

And don't worry (so chill), I didn't get to where I am in life by making stupid decisions, and I would never drop 3 grand on something until I am sure of the fit. Also, the information is out there, there are already wheels available, so someone knows (top secret has a similar wheel/size on their Z). The wheels I am going to get may take 6+ weeks to arrive, so I would like to get a jump start.