Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Durex > Trojan.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3fittyBiH
nitto 555
Those are piece of ****.

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 is the BEST all around street tire, enough said.
Bridgestone RE-01R or Advan Neova will provide as good if not better dry traction, but they're more frisky in the rain.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Meguiars

and what about Falken RT-615 for some track time and street all day
Old 05-18-2008, 07:01 AM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Top 3 in no particular orders:

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 - Ran 255/35/19 & 275/35/19 (Pros: sticky in all conditions, crazy wet traction / Cons: Prices is way too high)
Any other members have thoughts on this tire? I'll be purchasing a set within the next week or two and these are my current top choice. I read one review that suggested they feel too soft? Weak sidewalls? Other people share that sentiment? Thanks in advance...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Dunlop Sport Maxx...BTW, it's T-r-o-j-a-n, not Trojen. Also, P-i-r-e-l-l-i, not
Perelli.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:05 AM
BlueBoxer

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Any other members have thoughts on this tire? I'll be purchasing a set within the next week or two and these are my current top choice. I read one review that suggested they feel too soft? Weak sidewalls? Other people share that sentiment? Thanks in advance...
I have had those particular tires on my WRX and GT and loved them. All around they were a great tire, excellent traction, solid wear, and really quiety with a comfortable ride. Only the price for them on the Z had led me astray.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 AM
jtabraham

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

Great performance and even better price
Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 AM
bluezup

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

Great performance and even better price

i tried it, for the price of brand new tires for my 19s is cheaper then any other brand new tires, but i honestly think the performance is awful.. i had toyo t1r on my volks with less then 30% tire thread left and was still getting good traction even for the canyons. after i bought and mounted the vredestein tires, iv been regretting it ever sinse. ran them for about 4-5k miles now, and EVERYTIME i wanna take a hard turn, not even half as hard as i take it in the canyons with toyos, i loose traction and slide easily.. like i have no control during fast turns..
iono maybe its just me, im not a great drifter more of a guy who likes to grip and hug the floor during fast hard turns..
Old 05-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Phantom Menace

Trojans!

I've yet to change my tires...just over 6k mi. I'm looking into Nitto 555's though.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:43 AM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBoxer
I have had those particular tires on my WRX and GT and loved them. All around they were a great tire, excellent traction, solid wear, and really quiety with a comfortable ride. Only the price for them on the Z had led me astray.
Thank you. I have read a lot more positive reviews for these tires than negative, but of course the occasional negative one makes you wonder...

I have had Toyo T1R's in the past. This time around I am debating these Eagle F1's and BFG T/A KDW-2's. I'm leaning towards the Goodyears at this point...
Old 05-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Steve-O Z33

I had NT555s for a while and they were good. I'd buy them again.

I have Nitto Neo-Gens right now. Not really sure I like them. Haven't had enough driving time with them on.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 AM
35oZephyR

Favorite:

Michelin PS2's...simply a confidence inducing tire. I noticed right away that while cornering, it just keeps the car well-poised with no tire-wall flex. I'm fighting to stay lateral on my seat but the Z is pretty predictable.

With that said, it is way too pricey of a tire for a street mildly-modified Z. I say if you're running Michelin PS2's you have to make sure everything else is in check: camber, caster, toe.... basically a good alignment and setup to get the most out of these tires.

For now I will switch back to Toyo T1-R's. (I can afford to have a not-so-perfect alignment with these.)
Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by bluezup
i tried it, for the price of brand new tires for my 19s is cheaper then any other brand new tires, but i honestly think the performance is awful.. i had toyo t1r on my volks with less then 30% tire thread left and was still getting good traction even for the canyons. after i bought and mounted the vredestein tires, iv been regretting it ever sinse. ran them for about 4-5k miles now, and EVERYTIME i wanna take a hard turn, not even half as hard as i take it in the canyons with toyos, i loose traction and slide easily.. like i have no control during fast turns..
iono maybe its just me, im not a great drifter more of a guy who likes to grip and hug the floor during fast hard turns..
INTERESTING..first negative review.
Honestly though, the first guy who posted about these tires, yea sure he had TT setup, but the tires he was using before weren't exactly great tires, weren't they~
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Thank you. I have read a lot more positive reviews for these tires than negative, but of course the occasional negative one makes you wonder...

I have had Toyo T1R's in the past. This time around I am debating these Eagle F1's and BFG T/A KDW-2's. I'm leaning towards the Goodyears at this point...
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's have great dry traction and AWESOME wet traction(probably the best), however the sidewall tends to be soft as noted before. Great tires but they're still no PS2. Why get these when you can spend a tiny bit more and get the PS2's?

BFG KDW-2's have GREAT dry traction for what they cost, however wet traction is less than staller.

See, here's one problem with the PS2's: Once you use them, all other tires feel inferior and you can't go back to any of them! lol
Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 AM
jtabraham

Originally Posted by bluezup

Do you have Ultrac:

or the Ultrac Sessanta Tires:

So far, I love the dry cornering and wet handling of my Ultrac Sessantas, but the road noise is getting to be an annoyance.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:32 AM
sk26dett

I've tried the Bfg Kdw's, Eagle f1 gs-d3's , Of the two my favorite is the Eagle f1's. My car rarely see's the track so my review is based mostly on everyday street driving. I probably never pushed any on the tires to their cornering limits. The f1's are my favorite because they had great strait line traction, they where very smooth, and quiet. for the Kdw's traction and performance is there, but they're not very street friendly, They're the loudest tire i've ever driven on and make the car handle unpredictably on the road. The noise they make drives me insane! They're on my car now and i cannot wait to change them. As for wet traction, i have never pushed my car in the rain and drive like a granny when the roads are wet so i have no idea how they would have preformed.

All tires were on oem rims and either exactly or close to oem tire sizes.

For my next tire, i'll probably pick anything with a tread wear rating of over 300 and see how that goes.

Last edited by sk26dett; 05-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:35 AM
r_seng

ventus plus
Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 PM
bluezup

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Do you have Ultrac:

or the Ultrac Sessanta Tires:

So far, I love the dry cornering and wet handling of my Ultrac Sessantas, but the road noise is getting to be an annoyance.
i have the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires..
after these are gone im gonna get a set of eagle f1s
Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Out of all the tires I've tried, favorite in the rain are: Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Dunlop SP9000, and Toyo T1R. Favorite in the dry are: Bridgestone RE050A and BFG KDW2.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Favorite:

Michelin PS2's...simply a confidence inducing tire. I noticed right away that while cornering, it just keeps the car well-poised with no tire-wall flex. I'm fighting to stay lateral on my seat but the Z is pretty predictable.

With that said, it is way too pricey of a tire for a street mildly-modified Z. I say if you're running Michelin PS2's you have to make sure everything else is in check: camber, caster, toe.... basically a good alignment and setup to get the most out of these tires.

For now I will switch back to Toyo T1-R's. (I can afford to have a not-so-perfect alignment with these.)
+1

I just switched to the Toyo T1R. They really didn't handle all that well until I had a camber/toe kit installed (Stillen). Now the handling is much better- pure pleasure~ Proper alignment made a huge difference. :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 05-19-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Whats Your Favorite Rubber?