Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

My Nitto Invo tire review on The Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 AM
dTor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nitto Invo tire review on The Tail of the Dragon

I just wrote this review for Discount Tire Direct, so I'll just paste it here.

I drive a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe with 18x8 frt/18x9 rear wheels, slightly lowered on stock 350z springs. The rest of the suspension & engine is stock. I ordered these tires and had them installed three days before I drove 550 miles to The Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles, google it). All I can say is WOW!! I arrived at 3:30am on a Friday. It was humid, foggy, and the roads were wet from the rain. I was able to run at about a 70% pace on the wet roads and did not hear a peep out of the tires! The wet weather traction of these tires is excellent.

When I hit the Dragon the next day, the roads were dry. I kept up with a new Nismo 350Z without any problems, albeit he admittedly was not pushing it as hard as he could. These tires really impress me. I switched from the Nitto NT555s and I must say that they did not hold a candle to the Invos, especially in the wet. I spoke with two other people who recently switched from 555s to Invos and they feel the same as I do. Also, the 555s would start to squeal when my car would start to understeer, even though the traction control/vehicle dynamic control would engage. With the Invos, VDC came on several times on the Dragon (always due to a dip on the road around a downhill tight radius turn), but the tires NEVER made a sound! How's that for great traction?

For the price, these tires absolutely cannot be matched. Before the 555s, I had BFG KDW-2s. Their dry traction was great, but the tire noise they made was horrendous; I would almost have to yell at the passenger in my car to hold a conversation. Also, their wet traction was not spectacular.

The noise and comfort and very acceptable, but you cannot expect luxury tire comfort out of any performance-oriented tire. I am extremely happy with these tires and will recommend them to anybody who asks.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:49 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to +1 this. We discussed this at Zdayz and we both agree with the Invos being some pretty damn good tires for the price.

Unfortunately 555s scared me to a point where I didn't want to go fast in the rain on the way to Zdayz but I was extremely impressed with the wet traction.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
plastiketa

Good write up. I've been waiting for someone tp review these!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
chromesilver6

I also have these and was at Zdays. I love the INvo's. They held great on the dragon and stuck like glue.