Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anyone Know How To Turn Off The Tire Pressure Light?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There are companies out there that make aftermarket TPMS systems. Check out vividracing.com
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

While different car manufacturers have different TPMS modules, and there are even aftermarket systems, the vast majority of them are made by Schrader. Virtually all of them are essentially the same size and weight transmitter, mainly because of the battery.

BTW, Schrader provides to the following manufacturers..
Chrysler® OE
Mitsubishi® OE
Nissan® and Infiniti® OE
GM® OE
Subaru® OE
Daewoo® OE
Suzuki® OE
Ford® OE
GM, Hummer® OE
Volvo® OE
Chevrolet® Corvette® OE
Saab® OE
Mercedes OE
Toyota® OE
Lexus® OE
Scion® OE
Acura® and Honda® OE
Hyundai® OE
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
jjkick123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my Z has had the frieken warning light on ever since I bought it 4 years ago. The previous owner claimed the sensors were "stolen", which is BS. But regardless, the light drives me absolutely insane. I've asked the dealers to disable it numerous times, but apparently they're relatively ethical.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Maybe his wheels were stolen - hence the sensors took off with them.

Ethical has nothing to do with it. There's nothing for a dealer to disable or turn off. The system is made that way. It IS illegal for a dealer, shop, etc. to disable them too.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 AM
firedancer

Hmm, so what I don't understand is why the OP doesn't just get a little piece of tape and tape it over the light if it bothers him that much. Seems to be a lot easier than taking your whole dash apart. And it won't weigh as much as 4 tiny little pressure sensors. :lol:
Old 12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
pfregeolle

Because that looks trashy.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
haeshik

put tpms on or just ignore it like everyone else
Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 AM
chicagokid

My light is on too, but I am using a set of winter wheels/tires next few months. My new set-up does not have the TPMS since it is not needed on winter set-ups.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chicagokid
My light is on too, but I am using a set of winter wheels/tires next few months. My new set-up does not have the TPMS since it is not needed on winter set-ups.
did you read the thread or did you just make a post. your light is on, we know that (you posted that numerous times already) and no, you can not turn it off unless you put the sensors back on.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 AM
bswanny

Honestly, leave him alone. He brings up a good point that someone should actually try to see if the bulb could be easily removed. I would really love to not have to see my stupid TPMS light anymore.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 AM
pfregeolle

Default Finally!

Originally Posted by bswanny
Honestly, leave him alone. He brings up a good point that someone should actually try to see if the bulb could be easily removed. I would really love to not have to see my stupid TPMS light anymore.
Thank you! Someone who understands.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by bswanny
true, but since this is a problem that has been around for a long time wouldn't you figure that someone would have tried this by now and posted the results?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:28 AM
pfregeolle

Yes thats exactly what I thought, and that's why Im surprised there are not as many people out there that want to try this and figure it out, so they can tell everyone else. I can't imagine its that hard to do.

You're about as cool as brokeback mountain. I really just wish if people weren't going to answer my question or help towards solving it, then they would refrain from typing away with their little fingers. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
Yes thats exactly what I thought, and that's why Im surprised there are not as many people out there that want to try this and figure it out, so they can tell everyone else. I can't imagine its that hard to do.

You're about as cool as brokeback mountain. I really just wish if people weren't going to answer my question or help towards solving it, then they would refrain from typing away with their little fingers. Thanks!
um, your question has been answered numerous times in this thread as well as the other threads that cover the same subject. again it will be typed and put in bold so you can understand it you can not turn off the TPMS light, nor can you remove the bulb since no bulb exists to remove

as for your lame attempt to call names, i will let that one alone

here is one better. during the time you started the thread until now, how come you have not tried to do this yourself? i mean, you are the one that feels the need to save 1 pound off of your wheels and are bothered by a little light. how come you hav enot pioneered and checked it out for yourself?

Last edited by Z04; 12-17-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
pfregeolle

Sorry, I work full time at a pediatrics office, in fact I'm here as I type. It's quite hard to find time to "pioneer" and check this out. For the time being my light is actually off, I assume because it has been so cold lately maybe.

Do you know for a FACT that there is no bulb there? Do you know for a FACT that it can't be turned off? Anything can be done if you have the time and patience. So all I'm saying is that I'm surprised that no one has tried to go up in there and disconnect a wire or some sort, and been successful in making the light not appear.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
whitecel

Sorry, I work full time at a pediatrics office, in fact I'm here as I type. It's quite hard to find time to "pioneer" and check this out.
Be the pioneer! I would like to know how easy it is. I would do it, but I'd rather have someone else do it first
Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

If any of you had any ambition, the first thing you could check out is some of the DIYs and other threads on dash LED swapouts. Surely, those guys have pulled the instrument clusters and got into the electronics to replace the white bulbs with colored LEDs.

After five years of whining about it, I've yet to see anybody actually do anything about it. I guess it's not that big of an annoyance afterall.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just can't believe that no one has the ambition to go back behind the panel and just figure out which bulb or wire it is. So maybe I'll be the pioneer on this one. But dude up there is being ignorant and not listening to what I'm saying. Im not a retard and decide not to read your link. I have read that quite a few times in the past. I just don't want to install the TPMS. It costs extra for it. And when you have a true racing wheel, why do you need it, to weigh you down? If I really wanted a TPMS I would buy a real one, the light ones. But I don't need it. It cant be that hard to just go behind the dash and find out how to disconnect it...
Then the thread should have been titled "How do I disable the TPS light?"
Turning it off connotes that you're trying to make it go off by doing wtf you should be doing to address a warning light.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
datsunHEAD

How long does it take for the tps light to come on??I just changed my rims today and drove the car about 65 miles today and the light hasnt come on yet and the new rims dont have tps.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
How long does it take for the tps light to come on??I just changed my rims today and drove the car about 65 miles today and the light hasnt come on yet and the new rims dont have tps.
65 is about it...just turn off the motor while you're driving then turn it back on...you're good for like 60 more miles. be careful.

Quick Reply: Anyone Know How To Turn Off The Tire Pressure Light?