Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anyone Know How To Turn Off The Tire Pressure Light?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:57 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine will come on about 30-40 minutes after starting and driving.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 AM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
here is one better. during the time you started the thread until now, how come you have not tried to do this yourself? i mean, you are the one that feels the need to save 1 pound off of your wheels and are bothered by a little light. how come you hav enot pioneered and checked it out for yourself?
Quit being a jerk like you always are. If you don't agree with the thread, why are you wasting your time posting? I should nominate you for douchebag of the year . . .
Old 12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This message is hidden because z-u-later is on your ignore list.

but i read it anyway. it seems that in your obsession with finding faults in everything i post it seems that reading comprehension has escaped you again. it had nothing to do with "agreeing with the post" it was pointing out that this topic has been discussed numerous times over the years (as Dave pointed out as well) and no one has ever done anything about it. i asked a question to the OP, which was not directed at you, and got an answer. so how about you follow your own advice and stop commenting on my posts since you do not like them. even better, do what i did since i bother you so much, the board has this nice feature called ignore. that way you will not feel so compelled to post and comment on what i have to say

/back to ignore

Last edited by Z04; 12-18-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by Z04

but i read it anyway. it seems that in your obsession with finding faults in everything i post it seems that reading comprehension has escaped you again. it had nothing to do with "agreeing with the post" it was pointing out that this topic has been discussed numerous times over the years (as Dave pointed out as well) and no one has ever done anything about it. i asked a question to the OP, which was not directed at you, and got an answer. so how about you follow your own advice and stop commenting on my posts since you do not like them. even better, do what i did since i bother you so much, the board has this nice feature called ignore. that way you will not feel so compelled to post and comment on what i have to say

/back to ignore
So why put me on your ignore list if you're going to respond anyway . . . are you just retarded? I find it amusing that it's okay for you to criticize someone but can't take the criticisms yourself. Wuzz . . .
Old 12-18-2008, 04:50 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04

/back to ignore
You'll notice that I have about 400 posts, and have not been on the thread long enough to post 5 thousand some odd messages. So I really haven't been addressing the issue for 5 years, more like a few months, and yet again, Im back to the time issue. Thanks for solving the problem the obvious way. I could have told myself that. But maybe I SHOULD change the title of this thread to "How to DISABLE the Light, versus turning it off. Im sorry to have bothered you all with my innocent question.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
But maybe I SHOULD change the title of this thread to "How to DISABLE the Light, versus turning it off. Im sorry to have bothered you all with my innocent question.
I meant no disrespect, but so we're in agreement then. Sorry, no clue buddy, maybe electrical tape if it bothers you so much.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
You'll notice that I have about 400 posts, and have not been on the thread long enough to post 5 thousand some odd messages. So I really haven't been addressing the issue for 5 years, more like a few months, and yet again, Im back to the time issue. Thanks for solving the problem the obvious way. I could have told myself that. But maybe I SHOULD change the title of this thread to "How to DISABLE the Light, versus turning it off. Im sorry to have bothered you all with my innocent question.
and again, that question was answered as well. you can not disable the light, nor will a dealer do it for you. i really do not see how hard that is for you to understand that, especially since this has come from more than one person on the forum, some that have the same exact problem and have tried to deal with it themselves. of all the people on here with this issue there is really two options; ignore the light or put your TPMS back in your wheels.

from the 100 common questions thread:

Q: I bought aftermarket wheels and didn't move the TPMS sensors to the new wheels. What's up with the warning light (!).
A: After about 30 minutes of continual driving, if the system doesn't detect a signal from the four sensors, the warning will beep and the dash light (!) will illuminate. You CAN'T disable the warning or the light. Neither Nissan or any shop can disable it (it illegal if they do it).

Q: How can I make the warning light go away?
A: Install the sensors in the new wheels. See question above.
plus your whole argument on why you did not put them into your wheels is a joke anyway. tell you what, enjoy your light since there is nothign you can do about it. if it bothers you so much have fun trying to "disable" it.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM
whitecel

Originally Posted by surfcity40
I meant no disrespect, but so we're in agreement then. Sorry, no clue buddy, maybe electrical tape if it bothers you so much.

Lol i actually thought about doing that too Here are other ghetto ways that may help.

1. Cut a small square piece of 5% tint film and place it over the area where the light is (too damn bright)

2. Adjust your steering wheel height so it blocks the light from your view

If I do ever take apart the dash, I'll look into this and post a diy about it...if that
Old 12-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put them in the spare
Old 12-19-2008, 01:01 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tac-M
put them in the spare
Ummmm...no.

The sensors only come on when the wheels are rotating above around 20 mph. They have centrifugally activated switches to keep the batteries from going dead.

This idea was #2 in the list of failed ideas for turning off the light. #1 was the suggestion to put all four sensors inside a vessle and pressurize it to 35 psi so the sensors would read that all the time. See, the tape on the dash sounds so much better in this context.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM
AUtigers350z

I don't have TPMS in my new wheels/tires. Not a big deal. Just deal with the light and use a manual gauge to check your tire pressure frequently. Could be worse... at least it doesn't beep or flash.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Ummmm...no.

The sensors only come on when the wheels are rotating above around 20 mph. They have centrifugally activated switches to keep the batteries from going dead.

This idea was #2 in the list of failed ideas for turning off the light. #1 was the suggestion to put all four sensors inside a vessle and pressurize it to 35 psi so the sensors would read that all the time. See, the tape on the dash sounds so much better in this context.

dugh ! i gots
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tac-M
put them in the spare
bwwaahha. they aren't a freaking GPS.
/kidding