Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HELP question on front end work

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
QUADZILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP question on front end work

Ok I wrecked my 05R going through a median. I had to replace the entire left knee...all lower arms.A arm, hub bearing ect ect...I went to an alignment/frame repair shop that has been doing this for 35 years because I wanted someone who did nothing but this type work. I used all new OEM parts. I have 20" Axis shines, 245 front 275 rear...When I picked up the car they said it had a slight drift to the right but they said it was due to a tire problem...So I know Im hyper sensitive today looking for anything possibly wrong but it does seem to pull right. my tires have maybe 2500 miles on them. The left front has slight wear on the inside due to an obvious bad alignment prior to the wreck...It doesnt pull when I break hard but I cant take my hand off the wheel for 30' without drifting right...I'm going to have their work checked by another shop...Any suggestions?? possible frame damage?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Its never going to be the same , bring it for an alignment and see what comes up.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:23 PM
QUADZILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the shop that did the work to verify there was no frame issues...His response was...that is how we make our money if the frame had issues we would love to fix it but its straight. He also said it aligned perfect...He said if I swapped the right and left front tires I would then see that it pulls to the left and not the right...making it a tire issue...I'll try it and see...seems like an easy trouble shooting task..He said the reason he didnt want to sell me adjustable A arms, or misalign it just to roll straight, was so I could fix the real problem....I hope he is right...I cant live with it drifting...These guys came highly recommended and have been around 30+ years so I feel like he's shooting me straight...but damn I hate not knowing for sure.