Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Will these fit my Z???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these fit my Z???

So I am a total noob when it comes to rims. I am getting my car hopfully in the extreme near future and I have money already saved up for rims, however, I have no idea what rims will fit a 2008 350Z Enthusiast (the car I am getting). I've provided a link to the rims I ultimatley would like, however, if you guys out there could take a look at them and let me know if they'll fit my Z I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Here's the link:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by dave079
Yes but you will want a 9.5 up front and add some spacers. The offset is a bit high.
K, ummm.... another noob question here: What is "offset"??? Also, these rims only come in an 8.5 up front, being as you said I'll want a 9.5 up front, what problems could arise with an 8.5 in the front??? What are spacers???

Sorry about all the noob questions. I've just never really educated myself when it comes to rims.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Z_Nick_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are getting some crazy good deal on these wheels then i would tell you to buy them. but.......i would look around for a different set of wheels if you are interested in a perfect looking fitment
Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Zippy_z
if you are getting some crazy good deal on these wheels then i would tell you to buy them. but.......i would look around for a different set of wheels if you are interested in a perfect looking fitment
What are the measurments for a perfect fitment??? I need 19s though.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
lgear080

19" 9.5/10.5 +22 offset is the standard.
+12 is the new standard.

welcome to our world.

that'll be free... next searchable question = $1
Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by lgear080
19" 9.5/10.5 +22 offset is the standard.
+12 is the new standard.

welcome to our world.

that'll be free... next searchable question = $1
Haha, thanks man. I really appreciate your help!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
SchismX

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!
K, ummm.... another noob question here: What is "offset"??? Also, these rims only come in an 8.5 up front, being as you said I'll want a 9.5 up front, what problems could arise with an 8.5 in the front??? What are spacers???

Sorry about all the noob questions. I've just never really educated myself when it comes to rims.

Thanks
http://www.sportssix.info/wheeldata.php
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Zman636
Thanks man, that helped!!! I was reading in that document that if you have the wrong size rim they might rub against suspension and other parts of your car (which obviously isn't good).

Going back to my original comment in this thread where I provided a link to the rims I liked, will those rims rub against any part/s of my Z as described in the link in my quote???
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!
Thanks man, that helped!!! I was reading in that document that if you have the wrong size rim they might rub against suspension and other parts of your car (which obviously isn't good).

Going back to my original comment in this thread where I provided a link to the rims I liked, will those rims rub against any part/s of my Z as described in the link in my quote???
no it wont, it will just look very tucked and very unaggressive.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Nexx
no it wont, it will just look very tucked and very unaggressive.
Tucked as in it will looked as if the rim were pushed/tucked into the tire???

Damn, is finding rims for cars always this complex or is it only a problem with the 350z??? Seems like everything with the Z in regards to aftermarket is a hassel. Times like these make me consider buying a STI...but then again, the Z is extremely clean...subaru is not!

So then can any of you guys who have been through this process before recommend any brands/websites that offer 19 inch 6 spoke rims that will offer a perfect fitment for the 350Z. If you know of any please let me know.

Thanks again everyone
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
O_SO_ICY_Z

Naw its just that the Z can litterally fit hundreds of different offsets/sizes. It can be overwhelming but take these guys advice look around and look for a set with a +22 to a +15. what he means by tucked is that your wheels will look sucked into the fenders. Anything more than around a +25 offset in those sizes is gonna look really unagressive. Umm me personally I would look in the classified section of this forum and try to find a used set of wheels that will fit right. Most of the people are really accomadating especially if they are selling something and will send you pics of the wheels on the car. Oh and offset in lamen terms....the closer to zero the further out from your hub the wheels will sit. and this is probably the longest post ive posted so feel special
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
Naw its just that the Z can litterally fit hundreds of different offsets/sizes. It can be overwhelming but take these guys advice look around and look for a set with a +22 to a +15. what he means by tucked is that your wheels will look sucked into the fenders. Anything more than around a +25 offset in those sizes is gonna look really unagressive. Umm me personally I would look in the classified section of this forum and try to find a used set of wheels that will fit right. Most of the people are really accomadating especially if they are selling something and will send you pics of the wheels on the car. Oh and offset in lamen terms....the closer to zero the further out from your hub the wheels will sit. and this is probably the longest post ive posted so feel special
Lol, I feel so special I'm jumpin' with excitment !!! Thanks for the help and the knowledge!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,663 Posts

You also need to pick the offsets for the tires you want to run.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
ThE_JacO

I might be going against the grain here, but as I just did a crapton of research to get new shoes too, these are the conclusions I came to:

+28 to +32 offsets are perfectly fine. They are closer to factory specs than the popular +22 (factory is 30 or 33), deal very well with the oem suspensions' geometry, and don't really look that different from +22 on wheels 9.5 and up.
Not identical, but not so radically different. +22 won't mess with the geometry that much, but it's still close to running small spacers.

On 8.5 with +33 yes, it will look a bit tucked in, basically the same of the factory front 8", how significant that might be is up to you. It definitely isn't the wrong size for a 245 though.
8.5 will fit most 245 ideally, it might tend a little bit toward the pinch, rather than the stretch, but only on very few tires.

Far from me saying that people saying you need 9" for 245 or that the wheels will look tucked in with those offsets are wrong. Just saying that you might want to look into things yourself and understand what the numbers mean first. Somebody's idea of aggressive is somebody else's rice, and somebody's idea of technically ideal is somebody's boring look.

I ended up with 9 front and 10 back for 245 and 275 only for availability/shipping times, still very happy with it, but seeing how things sit I definitely would have liked 8.5 and 9.5 just as much, if not more, and I run factory like offsets.

And if you feel like educating yourself, this is a good starting point:
http://www.*********.com/zwiki/Wheels_and_Tires

It really isn't that complicated if you do some research and aren't pathologically impatient
Old 02-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Thermal1

Browse this forum - there are tons of pictures and tons of wheel specs to go along with them. You will find a spec that you like and you'll learn a lot.

also: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
is your friend.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No car. No wheels. See you later.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by davidv
No car. No wheels. See you later.
Why bother posting!?! That's a really cheap way of building up your post count!!!