Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

rota wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
hellsoldiers08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rota wheels

I tried doing a serach on "rota rims" to see how good are they of a rim, sense they are a replica of work emotion cs rims,i think. I no you if you go cheap is not always the best way. Although when i searched i couldnt find any review on how the rim holds up or anything .

So, im asking the forum if you guys and gals could give me a review on the rim and if its a good rim for the price. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
JuJube

I have used about 3 or 4 different types of Rota Wheels over the past number of years on different road race cars.

I have never had an issue with any of them.

Decent stuff, at decent prices.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rota makes many replica wheels, some are replicas of Works, some are of Volks, and a few others. For the most part their customers seem to be happy.

They are cast, but some are relatively lightweight and all of them are affordable (compared to their REAL counterparts). I've seen a few crack, but really nothing out of the ordinary. There are also many people and race teams using them on the track with good results.

You've been on here quite a while, you haven't seen any threads on Rota's during that time? Probably time to get that flame suit handy just in case. You'll find there is a large number of people offended by Rota.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ROTA!?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Rota lasts about 30,000 then falls apart. Hopefully not at 80 MPH!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM
zhuangzi

i personally have rotas, and have known many others to have rotas. i think for the money they are worth it.
best wihes

Last edited by zhuangzi; 02-11-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM
dan avoN7

Over the last few years I've owned Volk Racing, Work, and Rota wheels. I highly recommend Rota wheels and they are definitely a great wheel for the price. There are a lot of members on this site with these wheels and they all have positive reviews of them. The only time I see negative reviews are from those with Volk or Work wheels that Rota has replicated and they are butt hurt about it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
hellsoldiers08

lol yes when i did do my search i did but they weren`t really giving me the answers that i wanted. I want to thank you guys very much because this makes me feel that i am really getting a good BANG! for the buck . Can rota do a color that they have one one certain rim on another rim?? i pmed ,i guess the sponor hear on that question, and im going to wait for his response. All in all thank you guys for the help!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

is English your 2nd language?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
hellsoldiers08

No,sadly its my first. I no that i need to work on it more and i have been trying to improve what i lack in.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM
moforeynolds

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest starting with the basics, like capitalizing "I" and understanding the difference between "no" and "know".

Anyway, I know plenty of guys that run Rotas on cars they take to the track, and none of them have any complaints. For the money I think they are great.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
todd3001

Does it really make u people mad when people dont capitalize I. lmao iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
68Stang

No, however, it is a reflection of the quality of effort you put into even the small things in life. It is a reflection upon your level of intelligence as perceived by those reading your posts. Once learned, the use of proper spelling and punctuation is easy and effortless and the amount of time added to your daily posting is marginal at best.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
d1mon3k

Originally Posted by 68Stang
No, however, it is a reflection of the quality of effort you put into even the small things in life. It is a reflection upon your level of intelligence as perceived by those reading your posts. Once learned, the use of proper spelling and punctuation is easy and effortless and the amount of time added to your daily posting is marginal at best.
I swear to god I think this exact same thing everytime I see people type like ***!! I also compare it to many other stupid things I see people do everyday. It drives me insane! Maybe I shouldn't care so much though, lol.

Anyways, I had Rotas for a few months and they were actually really good to me. I went with some Works after a mechanic curb checked my rims and busted both passenger side rims in half.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Name:  GrammarNazi.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.4 KB
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
hellsoldiers08

So, if i take car of my rims the will take care of me so to speak?

O, on the capitalizing the I part, come on just because someone doesn't do it doesn't mean they are dumb or anything. You can be surprised how smart people are but just writing isn't just one of there strong points!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
r_seng

Wrong question to ask on this forum, you will get A LOT of mixed reviews, the majority opinion here is that Rotas are a bad wheel. I for one say that if you like it then go for it, nothing wrong with getting what you want for a great price.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
hellsoldiers08

ya, that is what i kinda heard, but when i went to go look i didn't see any thing bad so i decided to make a thread on what people thought about them. It`s just i don't want to be spending extra money just because of a brand name when i get get the same performance and cheaper price for the exact same thing. I`m just trying to be a smart buyer that all.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Chromex319

Originally Posted by 68Stang
Agreed! When I post... I look twice before pulling the trigger and when I pull the trigger, I check again. I don't care how many times I have to edit to get it right.

Any who, back to the topic at hand. I've been browsing hard through Rota's line of wheels, as well as the Volk line the company offers. It seems to me that buying a set of Volks is like buying a set of $300 Nike running shoes vs buying a pair of $100 Asics that do just as well a job, if not better depending on how you run. Make sense? Hope so...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
hellsoldiers08

I made my final decision to get rota wheels as my first rim i ever buy for a car. (http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5484). Some time learning threw your mistakes can coast big money but i feel confident enough that this won`t be the case.(by the way this will be on a black 350z)

Quick Reply: rota wheels