Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Sickest thing to come the way of the Z in years

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by redlude97
Rocking rotas and acknowledging they are rotas is WAY different than putting Volk stickers on a set of Rotas and pretending they are the real deal.
I think you are in the wrong thread as I don't see that happening here nor did I make mention of that within this thread. So I have no response to this as its not relevant to the wheels that the OP posted.

If you think that that correlation is the same as replica body kits, then I think you are sadly mistaken, unless they are trying to pass the replica kit off as the real deal by purchasing authentic badges
If you own a replica of anything, watch, shirt, shoes, wheels, etc. whether you realize it or not you are trying to replicate or imitate something else. Which I will once again state I could care less what other people are doing with their own money; it's something you would not catch me ever doing in my lifetime. However, I have to scratch my head when if I see a guy with a replica watch badmouthing another guy's replica shoes.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kwame tries to replicate my swagger....

Damn I hate you Kwame
Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
knock off is knock off no matter what it is

you laugh at the wheels because they are not the same quality as the originals they were modeled after.... im sure the replica nismo kits are not quite as good as the real thing.... same thing, different products
Yes, I am not condoning knockoffs, but clearly you can see there are different levels. BTW, there are quite a few "replicas" that are "better" than the originals because they are now made in urethane or have better fit. The NISMO g35 rear diffuser has horrible fitment, while all the replicas have fixed the fitment issue and all fit better than the authentic version. You'd be surprised how often the question comes about where to buy kenstyle badges on g35driver for fake kits
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
synth19

OMG... I almost didn't notice the sticker spelling. Damn Aussies!!! ROFL!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A set of Roys Engineering rims anyone?

Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crom
I got your point - i just think rockin a shine is a little different than sporting a set of Vorks...S@@t that sounds funniny just saying it.. No worries....
You are very correct that different companies have different levels of quality control. The owner of JP even told me that he believes that Shine could easily design their own kits and have an advantage. Their quality is there. They are based in the USA which would delay the downtime of filling up a container and their cost to produce kits is not bad considering they are in the USA as well.

In regards to vendors/companies being aware of this, I know Z1 auto can relate as well since they carry Aerosync, which is essentially a knock-off of the Nismo V1:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...or&prodid=1650

Originally Posted by Z1auto
Those familar with Z1 know that we are usually not big on replica parts. Shoddy contruction by questionable firms usually result in a kit that costs more to prep that it did to buy. However, when we got these new Aerosync bumpers in, our opinions changed; so much so that both our shop 350Z's used this bumper!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a replica is a replica, no matter what it is. the important thing is to say it ain't authentic.

i might buy a set if they're half the price of VOLKs and not as heavy as the stockers.

Last edited by maXmood; 04-06-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
What throws me for a loop is the fact that there are people within this very thread who are upset about this product being in existence but yet are in another thread on this very board supporting knockoff bodykits. I guess I'll never understand.
That is very true from a philosophical ethics standpoint. I am guilty of posting in a "Do-luck" thread that a vendor was selling. I mistakenly thought that it was authentic since I am not familiar with how the fiberglass is supposed to look like direct from Japan. It makes sense why people call them "No-luck" since I honestly have never seen an unpainted Do luck kit in person.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redlude97
Whats even funnier, is that Wheeldude then went and edited out the BBS stickers from my friend's pics without his permission and posted them on the wheeldude website. I guess stealing wheel designs isn't really any different than stealing pictures
http://www.wheeldude.com/wordpress/?...%20Corse%20L22

Andrew gave us full permission to use him images on our site. In fact, he even sent us a PM saying go ahead and post the images on our site. We did not "steal" his images as you are implying.. Andrew saw the feature we did on his car and fully understood why we had to edit the stickers out of the pictures.

We sell Rota and Linea Corse wheels, we do not sell any other wheel brand and do not advertise the wheels as another brand. When our customers purchase wheels they know exactly what they are getting and if they choose to add a sticker or cap to the wheels that is 100% their choice, after all, it is their car right?

We edited the pictures as we are not selling BBS wheels and we would not advertise the wheels on our site as BBS wheels. The wheels are Linea Corse L22's and this is why we removed the other logos from the wheels as we did not want to "trick" or "confuse" anyone as to which wheel we carry or was pictured on Andrew's car. This is also why all of the wheels we sell come with their own Rota or Linea Corse center caps and we do not carry any BBS caps, BBS stickers, Volk stickers, etc..

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 04-06-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
E-licious

Originally Posted by Gag83
yeah im the idiot
Yes you are. Your argument is a humorous clip made by two white guys? Yes, trust that over someone who grew up speaking chinese and still communicates via chinese to this day.

I reiterate. There's no R sound in the chinese language but there are plenty of characters with the L sound. You idiot.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Andrew gave us full permission to use him images on our site. In fact, he even sent us a PM saying go ahead and post the images on our site. We did not "steal" his images as you are implying.. Andrew saw the feature we did on his car and fully understood why we had to edit the stickers out of the pictures.

We sell Rota and Linea Corse wheels, we do not sell any other wheel brand and do not advertise the wheels as another brand. When our customers purchase wheels they know exactly what they are getting and if they choose to add a sticker or cap to the wheels that is 100% their choice, after all, it is their car right?

We edited the pictures as we are not selling BBS wheels and we would not advertise the wheels on our site as BBS wheels. The wheels are Linea Corse L22's and this is why we removed the other logos from the wheels as we did not want to "trick" or "confuse" anyone as to which wheel we carry or was pictured on Andrew's car. This is also why all of the wheels we sell come with their own Rota or Linea Corse center caps and we do not carry any BBS caps, BBS stickers, Volk stickers, etc..

-Dan
This is where your logic falls apart. Just because it is the owner's car in the pics does not make them HIS pics. They are clearly watermarked with the photographer's info. I'm not saying its completely your fault for using the pics, but using a pic without any alterations is WAY different than editing someone else's pic with their watermark still there. Your reasoning for editing the pics makes sense, but the way in which it was gone about is unprofessional, whether it was intentional or not. A poor editing job reflects poorly on the photographer's skill and thus his potential marketability, because his name is still on that piece and thus it implies he did the editing. He didn't even know the pics were used without his permission for your website or that they had been edited until I pointed it out to him.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 PM
hyunkang350Z

Kim Jong Il is north korean, geniuses. And yes us koreans do tend to make l's sound like r's but not as extreme as the video suggests.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Why do I keep getting sucked into reading these ****-poor crybaby threads about replicas. Do you drink "American style lagers"? Those are knock-offs of the "authentic" beers. I swear, if the guys that cry about their Volks being replicated actually were at "baller" status they wouldn't spend so much time on here crying about it.

This thread does not belong in the "Tech" forum. Mods please move to off-topic or wherever stupid **** goes.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Why do I keep getting sucked into reading these ****-poor crybaby threads about replicas. Do you drink "American style lagers"? Those are knock-offs of the "authentic" beers. I swear, if the guys that cry about their Volks being replicated actually were at "baller" status they wouldn't spend so much time on here crying about it.

This thread does not belong in the "Tech" forum. Mods please move to off-topic or wherever stupid **** goes.
^
This reasoning is abit off... I mean a beer brands vs wheel design?

What the hell is considered an authentic lager? Something from Germany?

Lager is just a different process of fermentation. So if it's an American lager then it just means that it was made in America using the lager method vs the Ale method.

Do you condone stealing? If no then how can you condone what these companies are doing. Because producing a wheel that is clearly a replica of the original and making profit off of it is just that. STEALING!

It figures though, that a Rota owner would have no problem with whatever company made these wheels.

Last edited by MethodRN; 04-06-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:48 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

^^ Obviously my comparison was extreme. But that's what so many guys on here are doing... going to extremes to bring replicas into the lime-light. I would never buy something like a Vork, Roys, etc. That doesn't mean that companies like Rota, Tenzo, and others make crap wheels.

I'm with the OP that this is ridiculous. It's just that there are quality wheel companies out there like Rota and Tenzo that may not spend money in design, but do produce decent wheels. I do LOL at the Ravs though.

Method, I just noticed your little edit. I could buy whatever wheel I wanted. The Rotas just happened to be on the car when I bought it and they serve me just fine.

Last edited by AllstarE4; 04-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.