Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HRE 840R Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:13 PM
BobbyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw those same wheels last night at Santana Row. I managed to take a few pics of the sick 20s.
Attached Thumbnails HRE 840R Wheels-img_1553.jpg  
Old 09-22-2003, 11:18 PM
BobbyBoy

And one of the whole car... some people are too rich for their own good. Definitely a nice set of wheels, hopefully someone puts em on a Z soon.
Attached Thumbnails HRE 840R Wheels-img_1538s.jpg  
Old 09-24-2003, 07:48 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by zland
1. I can say this, Alan and Bob at HRE are guys that love cars, love wheels and they will take care of you at HRE. When you buy an HRE, you are buying excellence and service before, during, and after the sale. I own a set of them so I speak from experience.
Jeff
Like you, I believe in pre-sale as well as post-sale service. Today, the word "service" is thrown around as if it were something brand new.

One of the most frequently used words in business is "service," and nobody questions its right to that prominence, but "service" is merely a generality unless explained and interpreted with the customer in mind.

Thanks for the input, as your good experience does put me at ease that HRE is a company that values it customers.

Originally posted by ___DJK___
NICE. You will have one of the sweetest looking rides around. Pleeeze post pics as soon as you get them mounted!
Absolutely, I shall post my zee when I have the Nismo body kit (minus the rear spoiler), the 840R wrapped in Toyo T1-S and the AP Brakes installed.

Installing the ATI pro-charger and AP Brake kit this weekend.

Originally posted by HREWheelMaker
Hi G,

I'm glad to hear you ordered the HREs... you will not be disappointed.

I did want to address your questions, however!

This is absolutely true. Other manufacturers do use 6061-T6 forged aluminum, but there is more to creating a wheel than just the base material.

The 840R series was a ground-up design with NO compromises made. We spent countless hours designing, refining, analyzing, prototyping, and testing these wheels. Some of the technology was born out of our experience R&D'ing the Saleen S7 wheels, which HRE builds as the Original Equipment wheel for this $400,000 supercar…….
I am certain that I will love the wheels; as for customer support, with all due respects, only time will tell.

Any possibilities of sending me a picture of the 840R with polished center, charcoal spokes & polished lip.

…..Obviously, the 840R series are beautiful. They were designed to address a portion of potential HRE clients who loved the quality and craftsmanship of our wheels, but didn't like the 'busyness' of the exposed assembly hardware. While we were at it, we gave them clearance for monter brakes systems with the capability of using deep outer lips.

It's what you can't necessarily see that makes these wheels exclusive and expensive. For example, the outer area of the center 'plate' is machined to reduce rotational inertia. The assembly holes are machined for special self-locking inserts which strengthen the mechanical connection between the rims and the center, and enable the wheels to be disassembled and reassembled if the wheels should ever need refinishing or repair (screwing bolts directly into the aluminum can cause the tapped aluminum holes to 'strip-out'). Even the valve stem was designed specifically for these wheels!

These are just a few examples... to be honest, a few of the things we have done are proprietary (I have already said too much!)
Why stop mid stream, especially on the subject of “reduce rotational inertia,” eliminating the risk of “the tapped aluminum holes to 'strip-out,' ya-da, ya-da….

Curious to know, are the assembly hardware visible from the inside of the rim, or are they completely hidden? I had similar feelings about the busy look with the bolts visible from the viewable side of the rims, reason I did not pick the other models.

Gosh, I thought you were going to make this challenging (LOL). The 840R series will easliy accommoate any brake system you can throw at the 350z. You'll get a nice, fat lip front & rear, too. No problem!
FYI, the StopTech guys are a phenomenal group, I recommend their stuff highly!
Fun-ny guy…this Bob character , Paul considered the super large rotors as overkill for a street racer. But I am twisting his arm to; at least, let me have the 4-Piston Aluminum Alloy AP Racing Calipers with the 13” one-piece curved vane, Cross-Drilled and Slotted AP Rotors.

Now, I’ll really be a happy camper, should HRE find it in their interest to reduce the 4 weeks manufacture/assembly time frame, since I shall be the first and foremost Zee to be retrofitted with the super duper 840R series

Well……Bob…….Alan…..Hel-lo HRE

Thanks people for all the input; at least I feel that my dollars were well spent, even before I have the product in hand

Originally posted by BobbyBoy
And one of the whole car... some people are too rich for their own good. Definitely a nice set of wheels, hopefully someone puts em on a Z soon.
Your wish is my command!

Best
G

Last edited by 350Zzzz; 09-24-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Brakes are on....waiting......waiting

Waiting to roll them out with the new generation, ultra performance; HRE sparkle and Toyo boots

Fitted the AP Racing 4-Piston Aluminum Alloy Calipers and the one-Piece 13” Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors this past weekend

They give a nice solid feel to the padel and the best part is that I now have 4 rolling spares and no need for donuts.

G
Old 09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerald, looking good buddy. Can't wait to see when everything is done.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:54 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Thanks Vic,......man....you've got to feel the pro-charger to believe it... it's totally a different animal.

And, HRE are a swell bunch, as they do give the customers that personal touch, you know for certain that they're crafting the wheel specially for you with lots of love would recommend them anytime

See you soon buddy.
G
Old 09-30-2003, 05:50 AM
DURSO

Thumbs up

Bob and Alan at HRE are the real deal. They are great to deal with.
HRE has a great team for sales and support.

Bob....Still lovin' my wheels....Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:05 PM
HREWheelMaker

Thanks, guys!

Gerald, I tried to post the other night, but something happened when I hit "submit reply" and I got looped out onto a blank page.

Anyway, a status report: Your wheel centers have been machined, have passed machining QC, and are almost done in the polishing room (we do the prep for paint in-house). The next steps are paint & clearcoat (we outsource this process), inspection, assembly, and Final QC. It won't be long now!!

Regards,

Bob

Last edited by HREWheelMaker; 10-01-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:10 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Sounds delicious ..Yum Yum.....waiting patiently...... Pity it does not appear that it'll be ready by end of next week. As I am showing off the car at the Zee convention and later join up with other Zees at a G35C bash.

Thanks for the update Bob.
Gerald
Old 10-10-2003, 05:30 PM
HREWheelMaker

Okay, Gerald, wheels are all done... Did Avalon contact you?

They look K I L L E R ! !

Bob
Old 10-13-2003, 07:55 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Okay, Gerald, wheels are all done... Did Avalon contact you?

They look K I L L E R ! !

Bob
Super! Splendid Bob I did not expect anything less from you or the entire HRE group

I just got back from a G35 Coupe & 350Z car show in Ogunquit, Maine; this Columbus day weekend. I was showing off my pro-charger zee at the show; a little taste, a little demo. They loved it! Everyone's waiting to see my zee fully dressed up As it is, my plain jane gets tons of vocal compliments from strangers. Last night on my way back from Maine, at a Mobil station, a young lass yelled over to me,

"I love your car!"

"What about me?" I asked, and she gave me the sweetest smile; till my wife came over and gave me a clip on the back of my head

Got back home Monday in the early AM, real early AM; however, Paul did shoot me an email. Paul, was busy at the 2003 ZCCA International Z Car Convention the whole of last week beginning Oct. 6, probably way before then, even.

Did receive an email from Paul, will have to schedule the fitting; can't wait to take my first ride on the killers

Now that the job is done, digressing a little; you mentioned that you are an Audiophile, if you don’t mind me asking, what is your primary set-up? You see, I am a purist, myself, when it comes to stereo music reproduction

Thanks for your very personal attention, Bob.

Best
Gerald
Old 10-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Jet_M3

350Zzzz,
You made the right decision. My buddy TJ has them on his M and he loves them. Another friend of mine has a set fiskes that he has had to send back 3 times for repair due to improper sealing of the rim halves. I know many things about that company from actual occurrences and they have been using the 5000 aluminum barrels which are inferior to the 6000 grade that HRE is now using. They are both overpriced, but being unbiased, I recommend the 840s. You made the right choice. Here are a couple pics:

Old 10-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Stone Z

That M3 is ****in sick!
Old 10-13-2003, 06:08 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Whoa-o-oh-oh-o................. they are super outstanding! Thanks Jet_M3 , what sizes are they?

Those pictures are fantastic, great shots!

Thanks
Gerald
Old 10-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Jet_M3

Thanks guys...oh you mean his ride? Ha ha. He took them with an s50 i believe on a tripod. They are 19x9 and 19x10 with about 3.5 or so of lip in back. He is also running 15" brembos and 13.6" rears. He has about 35-40K in the car (no joke) and has yet to track although I keep urging him to.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Wow........15" brembos, definitely, they're made for the tracks. That is the beauty with the HRE(s) you could fit anything into them. I am not certain if mine got in, yet.

G
Old 10-16-2003, 08:37 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Where are my wheels this wait is driving me nuts.....should have had them sent directly to me.....I could have hung them on the wall, at least

G
Old 10-17-2003, 10:00 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Those wheels are beautiful.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:54 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Stress....stress....and then more stress....... He-lo...where are my wheels
Old 10-17-2003, 06:02 PM
HREWheelMaker

Gerald, those wheels left HRE quite a while ago... have you talked to Avalon recently? Are we waiting on tires?
I am dying to see them on the car!

Bob

Quick Reply: HRE 840R Wheels