Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

I finally did it right. New 18" Wheels Are On!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have just gotten stock wheels instead.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:07 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brink2012
I personally like the wheels to be tucked just a bit. The offset is the same as stock.
you are right, but these are also wider rims/tires than stock so they stick out further.

Originally Posted by BarefootRacer
20mm spacers and drop the car a bit will look really nice. You car looks clean just a little weak looking at the moment. To each his own though. Bet youre happy so thats all that matters
I have this rim combination on my G. Unless the Z is a lot wider in the front fenders (not that i've ever seen) there is no way that the fronts will handle a 20mm spacer and not hit fender. Mine is dropped 2" and I can barely fit my pinky between the tire and the fender.

I will agree that the rears do need about a 10mm spacer to make them flush with the fender (and match the front). Unfortunately Togue's don't come in a better offset that fits over brembo's. At least they didn't when I ordered them.

Nice rims! Mine are black, but I like the gunmetal too!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You seem to be pleased with the look so only get spacers if you want to. It could use a bit of a drop, but yes the car looks much better then before.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 AM
350ZnFuture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not bad i got the same wheels
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
binder

Originally Posted by 350ZnFuture
not bad i got the same wheels
see! it's not just me that likes these rims! lol

i don't understand why the rear doesn't have wider lip on them though. There is plenty of room and it would look better but i guess that's how moteigi made them. I probably will end up putting a 10mm spacer on the rear of mine to put them flush with the fenders like my fronts.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
deezz

Originally Posted by terrasmak
With a good 10mm spacer you will get new studs www.ichibausa.com . Your wheels actually have the proper offset, most people have no clue what their talking about, but most of us do go a bit more aggressive than +30 just for looks.

10mm or 15mm spacer will make them more look better to most of us.
The most intelligent post in this thread. (Basically I'm saying Fuuuuck all the hate some people love to dish out when someone posts something a little different)

I agree that most of us go for the aggressive offset, but by no means does you set up look bad at all.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
can'tZme

It's your car so do what you want. I like the wheels. I almost bought the same one in black for my CS but went with something different.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:28 PM
SageZ

Does'nt look bad. It's an upgrade from stock and that's all that matters for now. Soon, you'll probably want to upgrade those too but till then It looks better than it did. I think you'll be even happier with a slight drop
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
brink2012

thanks for all the compliments guys. I think i'm going to pass on the 10mm spacer because the tires are so big they already are very flush in person! The wheels look great and pretty mean I think. I pulled up to a mustang GT today and the guy wouldn't even run me, he just kept looking at my wheels.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
itsjiggajames

thanks for all the compliments guys. I think i'm going to pass on the 10mm spacer because the tires are so big they already are very flush in person! The wheels look great and pretty mean I think. I pulled up to a mustang GT today and the guy wouldn't even run me, he just kept looking at my wheels.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM
kyx4n

I pulled up to a mustang GT today and the guy wouldn't even run me, he just kept looking at my wheels.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 PM
brink2012

It was a joke
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
avandss

i find they make the car look cheap.... but thats not my car

if you like the wheels then... we have different taste lol
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

Originally Posted by binder
you are right, but these are also wider rims/tires than stock so they stick out further.

I have this rim combination on my G. Unless the Z is a lot wider in the front fenders (not that i've ever seen) there is no way that the fronts will handle a 20mm spacer and not hit fender. Mine is dropped 2" and I can barely fit my pinky between the tire and the fender.

I will agree that the rears do need about a 10mm spacer to make them flush with the fender (and match the front). Unfortunately Togue's don't come in a better offset that fits over brembo's. At least they didn't when I ordered them.

Nice rims! Mine are black, but I like the gunmetal too!

hmmm thats funny because i have 18x10+18 in the front and it fits perfectly fine. thats extended 25mm more, just so you know. and no i don't have crazy camber, in fact, it is within factory specs, just in case you were going to ask that too. oh & i am lowered, probably lower than you are. so make sure you know what you're talking about before you speak out of your ***.

to the OP. wouldn't be my first choice in wheels. but then again my works weren't mine either. but to each his own. and if you like them then that is all that matters!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
SageZ

^^Binder, have you been owned or what?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ by a purty girl as well
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Olivia
hmmm thats funny because i have 18x10+18 in the front and it fits perfectly fine. thats extended 25mm more, just so you know. and no i don't have crazy camber, in fact, it is within factory specs, just in case you were going to ask that too. oh & i am lowered, probably lower than you are. so make sure you know what you're talking about before you speak out of your ***.

to the OP. wouldn't be my first choice in wheels. but then again my works weren't mine either. but to each his own. and if you like them then that is all that matters!

i also said that i have a g35. Did you read that part? (probably not)

are the fenders wider on z's? they have different fenders than the g's up front.

All i know is there is no way i could go out another inch on my 2" drop with 30 offset 9" fronts.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

Originally Posted by binder
i also said that i have a g35. Did you read that part? (probably not)

are the fenders wider on z's? they have different fenders than the g's up front.

All i know is there is no way i could go out another inch on my 2" drop with 30 offset 9" fronts.
i think you're sadly mistaken because Zs & Gs tend to be able to fit the same size wheels. you must have some weird camber. what is your alignment specs in the front if you don't mind me asking...

sorry to OP for going off subject.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Olivia
i think you're sadly mistaken because Zs & Gs tend to be able to fit the same size wheels. you must have some weird camber. what is your alignment specs in the front if you don't mind me asking...

sorry to OP for going off subject.

i'm .9 degree both fronts negative. .09 total toe. It's basically a "stock" alignment. I haven't had them change anything. The dealership does it to spec. I'm uploading pics, hang on. I went outside to check to make sure i'm not crazy and there wasn't some hidden clearance i missed.

Quick Reply: I finally did it right. New 18" Wheels Are On!