Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

How hard are fully polished wheels to keep clean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Ralphus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully polished wheels?

What's your opinion on the maintenance of polished compared to other finishes???

I've had about 5 sets of chrome wheels, by far the easiest to maintain and the shiniest.

Silver paint, polished lip, about the same number. All good on the painted parts, but the polished lips always seemed to fall apart over time. Coating peel off, little divets etc.

I had a set of polished Centerlines on my truck. They seemed to have no coating at all! They got dirty fast, and polishing them was hella work. The backs of the wheels even started to look bad with discoloration.

Now did I just have cheap polished wheels? Will the more expensive brands like BC, iForgered, HRE, etc. have some sort of coating or be of higher quality to avoid this situation?

I think all out polished wheels are the most tasteful look, but I'm a little apprehensive about the maintenance issues.

(I am a clean the wheels about once a week type, maybe twice, but I definitely ain't going to be polishing that much )

Last edited by Ralphus; 10-01-2003 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Todd@ProDyno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clear coating is always an option. However...if you get polished wheels they will take more upkeep than chrome or silver. However...do a Google search for Zoop Seal. Its a new polished wheel protectant that lasts up to two years per application.