Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Bronze Rims on Silverstone ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:38 AM
maptaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bronze Rims on Silverstone ?

I was wondering if anyone has pictures available of bronze rims on the silverstone color. I was considering purchasing Nismo wheels and do not want to get them in silver. Also, does anyone know if the "NISMO" sticker on the wheels come pre-attached? I was considering powdercoating the wheels to my preferred color, then attaching the stickers afterwards. Thanks...
Old 10-07-2003, 02:43 AM
KONVERTER

i was wondering the same my self for im a silver stone owner... about the stickers.. not bronze... yuck...

i know they made some BLACK nismo wheels... someone on here has a set and they are limited to i think 500 sets.. maybe it was 100 sets ... i dont remember...

the nismo sticker is preattached... BUT!

JEFF at Performance Nissan tells me that he has the stickers in stock and the rims can be powdercoated and then you can put those stickers on...

I think i read that on his the sticker came off or the O part did i forget...
Old 10-07-2003, 06:16 AM
Ralphus

Bronze only looks good on black and white IMO.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:09 AM
sschmuve

and blue
Old 10-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by sschmuve
and blue
Well it looks ok, but too riced for me.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:29 AM
maptaker

Well, there is a black 350 in the gallery with bronze TE37's and in my opinion, the set-up looks very clean--so i figured that bronze would look good on ss.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Ralphus

Get gunmetal Volk's, they look sweet on SS.

Proof (check out the roadster):
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=44703
Old 10-07-2003, 02:04 PM
mgl

Bronze and silverstone do not match. but what color did you want to powdercoat the rims to?? i powdercoated my rims from silver to gunmetal and am very happy with them.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:51 AM
EnthusiastZ

Bronze/Gold
Attached Thumbnails Bronze Rims on Silverstone ?-ingshalf2.jpg  
Old 10-08-2003, 06:30 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by EnthusiastZ
Bronze/Gold

Nice wing. That car would be badass had the person picked any other color wheels (gm, silver, black, anything but that ****!).
Old 10-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bronze and silverstone will look very nice IMHO - its the cmobo I am going with on my own car. To me, while the gunmetal, silver, etc looks very nice, it matches a bit too well, and is all too commong - I wanted a clean look for my car, but still wanted a bit of contrast at the same time.

Personally speaking, the car above looks awesome - what skirts are those?
Old 10-08-2003, 08:51 AM
3 FIVE O Z

It seems to be a situation of you either like it or hate it. I've had people I work say they did'nt like the match up but then later it grows on 'em. Looks of the wheel was important to me, but more so was the fact that when the guy from the shop took the rear wheel out of the box using only 2 fingers and holding it like a six pack of beer.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by 3 FIVE O Z
It seems to be a situation of you either like it or hate it. I've had people I work say they did'nt like the match up but then later it grows on 'em. Looks of the wheel was important to me, but more so was the fact that when the guy from the shop took the rear wheel out of the box using only 2 fingers and holding it like a six pack of beer.
Yes. I hang out with non-car people, and they think the bronze wheels look ****ing stupid. One even told me "what's with the gold wheels on that car, looks retarded".

I know people say they buy what they like, but honestly, aftermarket wheels is something you buy to impress others too, and bronze ain't the way to do it.

I like bronze on certain colors, but if I bought some I wouldn't expect many people to like or admire them. I'd put on my shades, and just accept it when people started laughing and vomiting when I drove past them.

Last edited by Ralphus; 10-08-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

See, I am the opposite - I am not building the car for anyone else to look at nor for anyone else to admire - to me, the process is the fun of it, and I am doing it to satisfy my own wants/needs for the car. I also happen to subscribe to a certain overall style, whose name is often plastered about, though few people truly succeed in the execution (JDM). Im not after the biggest mod list, nor the most peak HP - I simply want to take an already fantastic car, do whatever mods necessary to satisfy where I feel its somewhat lacking (regardless of budget), and call it a day.

I selected bronze for my own car, and having seen it on several silver cars already (usually Skylines and Supras),the combo looks fantastic to me...which is all that matters.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Ralphus

I'd rather have people look at my car and think it's badass not silly looking.

I had a set of bronze wheels in the past, on a black car. I liked em, but lots of people didn't (especially people not into imports). Of course this was 6 or 7 years ago when it was something new and I was fixing up CRX's and Eclipses.

Bronze on SS though, that just violates some principle of colors. I wouldn't have put bronze wheels on a grey car, even back then when I was into the rice.

Last edited by Ralphus; 10-08-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

To each his own I guess - thank god for variety!

To me, this looks completely badass - I wouldn't change a thing

Old 10-08-2003, 10:20 AM
jrotaryb

I agree with Adam, it's all about personal taste... but take a look through Option2 magazine or Revspeed and tell me all those Skylines and Silvias don't look evil in charcoal paint and bronze wheels. Also, silly is a relative term on these forums, after all I don't want to tell you how many people here post the # of coats of Zaino on their Z in signatures. gimme the bronze wheels, keep the Zaino
Old 10-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by jrotaryb
I agree with Adam, it's all about personal taste... but take a look through Option2 magazine or Revspeed and tell me all those Skylines and Silvias don't look evil in charcoal paint and bronze wheels. Also, silly is a relative term on these forums, after all I don't want to tell you how many people here post the # of coats of Zaino on their Z in signatures. gimme the bronze wheels, keep the Zaino
You do have a point.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:58 AM
jrotaryb

bronze wheels definitely are different looking...I wouldn't call it "pretty" but rather almost sinister looking. If it makes any sense at all, they have a functional look (though they aren't at all hehe) as many many circuit cars wear bronze wheels. bronze on charcoal makes for a very mean looking car, especially a RWD car like the 350 that can accomodate a wide wheel/tire. bronze wheels on a white car is fantastic...it turns a very plain and uninteresting color into a very aggressive looking car (again, especially on a 350Z).
Old 10-08-2003, 11:20 PM
jran76

Originally posted by Z1 Performance

Personally speaking, the car above looks awesome - what skirts are those?

INGS

Quick Reply: Bronze Rims on Silverstone ?