Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Please HELP! VOLK wheels won't fit my 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Grog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP! VOLK wheels won't fit my 350Z

I'm a newbie guys, to the site, I didn't find this site until I started searching for new wheels, but I've had my Z for 2 years now (2005 Touring roadster).

Anyways, I finally decided to get some new wheels and found a guy with a set of VOLK GT-F's. He said they came off a G35 coupe (2006 I think), offset and bolt pattern all sounded correct based on my research. They weren't cheap and I drove 10 hours total to get them. Went to put the first one on tonight after work and it won't go on. Bolts seem to line up with the holes, but no go. I look further and there's some other kind of protrusion between two of the lug bolts coming off the rotor. It almost looks like it's part of the rotor, and then there's a brass screw or bolt on top of that protrusion. First, I've got no idea what this is for, is it simply something to hold the rotor to the hub??

I compared the backs of the stock and VOLK wheels and both have "holes" in between the the lug nuts (obviously for this "thing"), but the difference is the stock wheels don't actually have an inner wall where these back holes are, but the VOLKs do. This inner wall is too think on the VOLKs and is hitting this thing. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Sorry, I should have taken a picture while I had everything apart, but I had to put everything back together to get the car out of my way.

Any thoughts guys?? I'm going to give my Nissan dealership a call tomorrow, but figured I might get a better and quicker answer from someone on here.

Thanks for any help , I really appreciate it. I'm quite bummed right now.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
BarefootRacer

Hey man thats just to keep people from mounting the rear wheels on the front since the Z comes with a staggered set up. Just grab a 10mm socket and remove the bolt and sleeve. You wont need these with your aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Read this entire thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...questions.html

Your question happens to be answered in the second post.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Grog

unbelievable guys! Now I wished I had came in and asked as soon as I ran into the problem, I could have had my wheels on by now.

You guys are the best! Once I get the wheels swapped, I'll post some pics.

awesome!!