Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Bridgestone Re 960as pole position

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
gebster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Re 960as pole position

Talked to a guy at tire rack and suggested I run these tires on my Z. Has anybody had any experience with these tires? He stated these were a great tire
Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Bevo

Originally Posted by gebster
Talked to a guy at tire rack and suggested I run these tires on my Z. Has anybody had any experience with these tires? He stated these were a great tire
They are great all-season tires.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
exZilaration

Very good tires couldn't be happier
Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
WhiteNoiz

I had some pole positions on my car previously, I was not impressed. I dont recall if they were the 960as, but they were an all season Bridgestone pole positions. They lasted decently, but they sucked in the rain/snow, anything but dry ground. I put Toyo Proxi 4 tires on and it transformed the cars handleing. I replaced the rears and expected to be able to get the rest of the life out of the fronts (Bridgestones) but the new rears gripped so much better than the Bridgestones that they were holding the car straight, and my TCS was kicking in going around corners. It was scary actually! I had to save money for front tires asap, and once I got them put on, it was like a new car. I will never go back to Bridgestones, period. I have not experianced the Toyos in the snow yet (soon), but they are great in the rain, and dry. Not saying my new tires are the bomb, but they sure made the Bridgestones crappieness really stand out.

just my pennies.

Last edited by WhiteNoiz; 09-01-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 AM
plumpzz

I use them. Good tires. Great in the rain.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 AM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
I had some pole positions on my car previously, I was not impressed. I dont recall if they were the 960as, but they were an all season Bridgestone pole positions. They lasted decently, but they sucked in the rain/snow, anything but dry ground. I put Toyo Proxi 4 tires on and it transformed the cars handleing. I replaced the rears and expected to be able to get the rest of the life out of the fronts (Bridgestones) but the new rears gripped so much better than the Bridgestones that they were holding the car straight, and my TCS was kicking in going around corners. It was scary actually! I had to save money for front tires asap, and once I got them put on, it was like a new car. I will never go back to Bridgestones, period. I have not experianced the Toyos in the snow yet (soon), but they are great in the rain, and dry. Not saying my new tires are the bomb, but they sure made the Bridgestones crappieness really stand out.

just my pennies.
960AS PP tires are one of the most praised AS tires. As always, make sure your tires are properly inflated and you are running the correct tire sizes for your car.