yea they're ok
22.89%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
rogueeg6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because there junk rims. why would you put junk rims on a sick car. would you buy a ps3 and play it on a 15 inch tube?

just my opinion i guess.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 AM
spdtckts

not my style but if you like them forget everyone else and get them. just make sure you are 100% sure so you dont regret it later.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rogueeg6
i wouldnt go axis or rota either, dont support knock off rims.

ride stock until you can find a nice wheel you like.

Axis and Rota are not similar in quality, price, or company philosophy.

Axis has made similar rims in the past to those higher end out on the market, but they are by no means a Rota...whatsoever. Axis are considered Mid level wheels, and Rotas low level.

Gotto defend my wheels...

I dispise when uneducated comments are made like that.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my cup o tea, but get them if you like them. Who cares what other people think.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
XTMACX

I dont think they are terrible... but you can do a lot better. I agree they dont look right for the Z. I vote NO!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM
FATPUBUS

Originally Posted by zerafian
if you like um dude, get um...why care what we think.
I dont want people laughing at my ****...simple...i do think they look ok tho
Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
FATPUBUS

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
Its obviously he's not gonna be tracking them so why would he need to spend the money on something "original"?
Right, I just want something that looks good. I got a big mortgage and 18 month old boy, so the high dollar wheels are outta the question. No tracking anything here. Just a toy
that looks good.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Axis and Rota are not similar in quality, price, or company philosophy.

Axis has made similar rims in the past to those higher end out on the market, but they are by no means a Rota...whatsoever. Axis are considered Mid level wheels, and Rotas low level.

Gotto defend my wheels...

I dispise when uneducated comments are made like that.
What makes a Rota Wheel low quality? I'm always baffled when I read comments like this as the person making the comment (99.9999999% of the time) has never owned a Rota Wheel or even seen one in person.

Is it because "someone" on a forum said they are low quality? Is it because they make designs similar to other manufactures? I'm really interested in your reasoning/proof behind this statement. I see it all the time and often when I PM someone to ask about this info, they have no response or they honestly can't come up with a reason. I've never owned a set of Axis wheels so I really can't comment on their quality, but I'm interested in how you compared the two in terms of quality.

Often times someone will say Rota Wheels go through no R&D which is a flat out lie. I would like to share more information on how the wheels are made and the tests they go through to ensure they are a strong/quality product.

A wheel is designed then computer tested before mold fabrication begins (simulations for strength testing to make sure the design is strong). Here's a blue print of the Rota Grid (same model for the 350Z)

Production meetings on a weekly basis

Mold fabrication begins

Hub adapter fabrication. A general mold is made however for various fitments (changing offset, PCD, etc..) a new hub is made

Trucks often dropping off various materials ranging from aluminum, paint, etc.. Aluminum is imported to the Philippines and paint is also imported

Aluminum waiting to be melted, high quality and not the "forks & spoons" kids often post about...

Quality control to ensure aluminum is free of any contaminants and at ideal conditions for casting

X-Ray to ensure casting is completed without air pockets

Low pressure casting process

New wheels finished with machining and waiting for paint

Yep, even the largest car manufacture in the world puts Rota on their cars

Testing to ensure new wheels are strong and pass rigorous test standards. Part of the JWL/VIA testing process

Radial tests

A test not required for standard JWL/VIA testing however commonly seeing in higher benchmarks, this test simulates a pothole. As you know, Rota Wheels are manufactured in the Philippines and their roads are terrible. You mention roads in socal being poor, try driving in the Philippines... Rota Wheels are manufactured to put up with this level of stress and they are definiately strong.

Engineered to perform!

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 09-15-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
O_SO_ICY_Z

thanks dan for clearing that up! People bash on wheels just because they don't say Volk...hmmm yet the volk crowd says people who don't own them are trying to be like them...but they are all trying to be like each other...makes no sense to me.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
cambo350z

When I had my 350z I got some 18" rotas and they were awesome rims..never had any issues with them and got tons of compliments on the color hyperblack with my silverstone Z. I then I got Axis rims and sold my rotas ONLY due to the fact that the rotas were 18's and they didn't have 19's at the time which came out later(shoot myself in the foot) and wanted something larger so i went with axis 20" rims. Both rims were great quality and never had any issues. I was lowered too.. and drove over some rough roads...no bends or anything. so for those to say the quality of axis is better than rotas is an ignorant statement unless you have owned both or know the exact way they make the rims that show that they are inferior but dan above has showed his case.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

they arent horrible...they arent great either.. meh?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
What makes a Rota Wheel low quality? I'm always baffled when I read comments like this as the person making the comment (99.9999999% of the time) has never owned a Rota Wheel or even seen one in person.

Is it because "someone" on a forum said they are low quality? Is it because they make designs similar to other manufactures? I'm really interested in your reasoning/proof behind this statement. I see it all the time and often when I PM someone to ask about this info, they have no response or they honestly can't come up with a reason. I've never owned a set of Axis wheels so I really can't comment on their quality, but I'm interested in how you compared the two in terms of quality.

Often times someone will say Rota Wheels go through no R&D which is a flat out lie. I would like to share more information on how the wheels are made and the tests they go through to ensure they are a strong/quality product.

A wheel is designed then computer tested before mold fabrication begins (simulations for strength testing to make sure the design is strong). Here's a blue print of the Rota Grid (same model for the 350Z)

Production meetings on a weekly basis

Mold fabrication begins

Hub adapter fabrication. A general mold is made however for various fitments (changing offset, PCD, etc..) a new hub is made

Trucks often dropping off various materials ranging from aluminum, paint, etc.. Aluminum is imported to the Philippines and paint is also imported

Aluminum waiting to be melted, high quality and not the "forks & spoons" kids often post about...

Quality control to ensure aluminum is free of any contaminants and at ideal conditions for casting

X-Ray to ensure casting is completed without air pockets

Low pressure casting process

New wheels finished with machining and waiting for paint

Yep, even the largest car manufacture in the world puts Rota on their cars

Testing to ensure new wheels are strong and pass rigorous test standards. Part of the JWL/VIA testing process

Radial tests

A test not required for standard JWL/VIA testing however commonly seeing in higher benchmarks, this test simulates a pothole. As you know, Rota Wheels are manufactured in the Philippines and their roads are terrible. You mention roads in socal being poor, try driving in the Philippines... Rota Wheels are manufactured to put up with this level of stress and they are definiately strong.

Engineered to perform!

-Dan
How'd i know my comments would be followed shortly with you, Dan.

This is why i choose to pay extra for Axis over, say, Rotas:

I typed a HUGE response earlier on a work comp, but when i typed it and tried to post, i wasnt logged in and it was erased, i was pissed. i gave up, cause i have seen your argument a thousand times, but im back with a shorter version: (kinda shorter)

I'm not going to get into the casting process, because both companies (Axis and Rota) are low-pressure cast, so we cant argue that. but we can argue quality control, skilled workers, latest facilities/equipment, etc.

First, there is the fact that Rotas come out of the Philippines and Axis out of Taiwan. Neither is ideal, but the difference is your one of maybe 2-3, if that, companies that manf/supply wheels out of the philippines. this tells me a couple of things: First that skilled workers/employees from top to bottom in this industry as well as anyone in R&D on the production side at least, are in short supply, as is the proper equipment/facilities. Did you import all of your skilled workers, R&D team? Do you have a R&D here in US, or are they in the Philippines as well? What kind of market competition do you face in the Philippines as far as aftermarket wheel production go...is it equal to that of the US, or more of a "monopoly" type situation as you supply all OEM Philippino car manf wheels? What does that say about your standards in production, as you have only recently (couple of years?) began to export your wheels. Whats your actual history in European/US motorsports?

This industry is close to non-exsistent in the Philippines, besides you and maybe one other company...Literally. Ive researched both # of suppliers in both countries, as well as the industries history in both. Yet in Taiwan, the number of wheel cast/forge/design manf/supply companies is exponentially greater, as is the experience, industry skilled worker/supervisor pool, latest equipment/facilities etc etc. In fact, Auto wheel production and metal working/machining in general is a thriving industry in Taiwan. MANY low to mid level AFTERMARKET US AND EUROPEAN BASED (Not Philippino OEM wheel companies, which how solid could that be, or even a Philippino car manufacturer for that matter??) wheels come out of Taiwan, and they have a proven history in this industry. What other US/Japan/European based wheel companies outsource production to the Philippines? Please correct me if im wrong here.

Second is Capital...ill bet you have less. This one is self-explainatory. More capital = better R&D, better production, equipment, facilities, etc etc.

Third is company history...you have less in the Import scene, at least, even though you "have been around 28 years"?? Really? Why havent i heard of you until the last few years? Axis has been around in the import scene since 97', which is great for the aftermarket car parts business, great for an import scene parts supplier based in the US, and great for an overall industry that is tough to grow in, and very specialized. This to me = more stability and specialization in this scene, a company that has seen more ups and downs and is still around. they must be doing something right. I turst a company that has been in the US import/motorsports scene longer, and who has had a tougher market to face. To me, Rota is a Philippino OEM rim manufacturer (with history in THAT) that wanted to branch out internationally... motorsports wheels was the answer. You had the market cornered in the Philippines, but Europe/NAmerica was a whole other ballgame. Using the same equipment you use for your OEM, you added casts that were duplicates of popular rims in the US/Japan that you could sell cheap, because of your lack of competition in local market and capital from OEM wheel manuf, and your already in place assets for production. This was your 'in' to the US/European market. Instead of designing your own wheels, and the money involved in proving your designs efficient/durable/cost effective/etc, you just used others designs, saved some cash, and forwarded those savings to the consumer.

Fourth is R&D, itself. Axis has had a few wheels that are similar to higher end, such as the Hiro which some see as a knockoff of Advans ( Even though Advans didnt come in 19's and what about the Nismos?) and the Matrix which are basically Volk GTV's, i wont deny that. Other than those 2, i dont see one other Axis wheel that can be deemed a knockoff.

With Rota, however, every single wheel you produce is not only similar, but IDENTICAL to another higher-end wheel. Where is the R&D?

Dont get me wrong, i support the idea of cheaper, good-looking wheels, which yours are, but when i buy a wheel the company is just as important to me. The R&D, the quality control, skilled/experienced management and workers- from top to bottom, facilities, equipment, company history, company size, etc etc etc.

Axis arent that much more money, and to me, this extra 300 or so is well worth it.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 PM
2k6-z33

Originally Posted by Nexx
they arent horrible...they arent great either.. meh?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cambo350z
When I had my 350z I got some 18" rotas and they were awesome rims..never had any issues with them and got tons of compliments on the color hyperblack with my silverstone Z. I then I got Axis rims and sold my rotas ONLY due to the fact that the rotas were 18's and they didn't have 19's at the time which came out later(shoot myself in the foot) and wanted something larger so i went with axis 20" rims. Both rims were great quality and never had any issues. I was lowered too.. and drove over some rough roads...no bends or anything. so for those to say the quality of axis is better than rotas is an ignorant statement unless you have owned both or know the exact way they make the rims that show that they are inferior but dan above has showed his case.
Thanks for posting! It's nice to see a review from someone who has owned both Rota Wheels and also Axis Wheels

How'd i know my comments would be followed shortly with you, Dan.
Maybe because you knew the information you were posting was very "questionable" and might not be 100% accurate??? If what you posted was true or of actual fact, then I would have no reason to post the above info. Once again I will reply as the info in your post is not 100% true and is once again "he said/she said".

First, there is the fact that Rotas come out of the Philippines and Axis out of Taiwan. Neither is ideal, but the difference is your one of maybe 2-3, if that, companies that manf/supply wheels out of the philippines. this tells me a couple of things: First that skilled workers/employees from top to bottom in this industry as well as anyone in R&D on the production side at least, are in short supply, as is the proper equipment/facilities. Did you import all of your skilled workers, R&D team? Do you have a R&D here in US, or are they in the Philippines as well?This industry is close to non-exsistent in the Philippines, besides you and maybe one other company...Literally. Ive researched both # of suppliers in both countries, as well as the industries history in both. Yet in Taiwan, the number of wheel cast/forge/design manf/supply companies is exponentially greater, as is the experience, industry skilled worker/supervisor pool, latest equipment/facilities etc etc. In fact, Auto wheel production and metal working/machining in general is a thriving industry in Taiwan. MANY low to mid level wheels come out of Taiwan, and they have a proven history in this industry. Please correct me if im wrong here.
There aren't a ton of wheel manufactures in the Philippines, this is true. PAWI manufactures wheels in the Philippines (company that manufactures Rota Wheels), Enkei manufactures wheels in the Philippines (RPF1's and other models are often manufactured here, I've seen it with my own eyes ), etc.. Your statement about the employee supply, proper equipment, skill level of the workers, etc.. has no merit and makes no sense at all. Once again, you have never been to the plant and you have never met a single worker at PAWI so how in the world are you going to even comment on this??

Second is Capital...you have less. This one is self-explainatory. More capital = better R&D, better production, equipment, facilities, etc etc.
Once again, more speculation and no solid information. How in the world would you know how much capital both Axis and Rota have? You do realize that Rota has many clients and manufactures a ton of OEM wheels in the Philippines.

Third is company history...you have less. Axis has been around since 97', which is great for the aftermarket car parts business, great for an import scene parts supplier based in the US, and great for an overall industry that is tough to grow in, and very specialized. This to me = more stability, a company that has seen more ups and downs and is still around. they must be doing something right.
This is where you are way off. PAWI (once again, the company that manufactures wheels) has been around since 1976. So by your numbers, Rota has over 20 years more experience.. They have been in business for a very long time and to me this shows they are doing something right.

Here is a great article about PAWI and their history

"The Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc. (PAWI) is Philippines' pioneer and leading alloy wheel manufacturer and is time and again listed in the Philippines' Top 600 Corporations. Since they started in 1976, they have specialized in only one product; the Rota Alloy Wheel. All of their resources and energies have been directed into making Rota the finest product one would get today. A top-notch quality wheel, scrupulously designed, and beautifully engineered is a product that can easily outweigh the most prestigious competitions of the world. The Rota wheel excels both in style and in performance.

PAWI which is led by a creative Romy Rojas, whose love for motoring and motor sports has always been an enduring passion, has productively made the transition from being a pioneer to an worldwide exporter of quality alloy wheels.

The company's first produced its Rota Brand of wheels in 1977, with a preliminary manufacturing capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. Rota wheels are preferred by Chrysler-Mitsubishi of Philippines as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles after passing through the rigorous OEM qualifications of its parent company in Japan.

The subsequent years saw other major automobile assemblers such as Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen engaging the services of this company to produce their OE wheel necessities for their vehicles.

In 1988, PAWI made a research on magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy, and came out with flying colors. This made the Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and long-lasting. PAWI began to upgrade its facilities and introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest paraphernalia and machines that speed up and improve compound analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With their comeback into the Philippine market Toyota chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In the year 1990, a landmark was drawn when PAWI hit a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month. In the present day, it produces alloy wheels of outstanding quality, using up to date equipments. A new series of improvement has boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. This is more than ten times of its capacity when it first started.

The manufactures of Rota wheels are done in accordance with high international standards to which they aim at. They utilize some of the most complicated and modern testing carried out by major wheel manufacturers to guarantee the quality and durability of our product.

Their mark of quality is ensured as they use the most elaborate testing methods in the industry such as Composition Test, Vacuum Test, Impact Testing, Cornering Fatigue Test, Drum Test and Coordinating Test

The Rota Motor Sports Series Wheels which they have launched are for true race car fanatics and it isn't for the averages aspiring racers who are just all show and no go. The Rota wheels that we get off the shelf of the dealers will be the same tried and tested models that they use for their racing teams all over the world. So fasten the seat belts and enjoy the ride!
"

Fourth is R&D, itself. Axis has had a few wheels that are similar to higher end, such as the Hiro which some see as a knockoff of Advans ( Even though Advans didnt come in 19's and what about the Nismos?) and the Matrix which are basically Volk GTV's, i wont deny that. Other than those 2, i dont see one other Axis wheel that can be deemed a knockoff.

With Rota, however, every single wheel you produce is not only similar, but IDENTICAL to another higher-end wheel. Where is the R&D?

Dont get me wrong, i support the idea of cheaper, good-looking wheels, which yours are, but when i buy a wheel the company is just as important to me. The R&D, the quality control, skilled/experienced management and workers- from top to bottom, facilities, equipment, company history, company size, etc etc etc.
Once again, I have never owned an Axis Wheel and I have never been to their plant in Taiwan so I can't comment on their quality. The only reason I am replying to your post is because you are speculating all of your information and saying that Rota manufactures low quality wheels, which is not true. A forum member who has owned both wheels commented above and shared his first hand experience. We also have tons of other customers on the forum who have had great experience with their wheels and highly recommend them. The only time I see negative reviews is from those who have never owned a Rota Wheel and post misinformation, this is why I always reply to threads like this as I would like to clear up this information.

You have never been to PAWI, you don't know the employee's/engineers there (many who have been with the company for 15+ years), etc.. and yet you still comment on the subject. If you view my post above you will see some of the R&D involved in manufacturing and testing a Rota Wheel. It is very apparent that you're claiming Rota is of lower quality based on the fact that they make similar wheel designs to other wheel manufactures. The rest is all speculation..

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 09-15-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Look up i added some mo for ya, Dan! For more clarification on my history point since i know the whole "28 years thing" ^^

Ill agree on capital speculation, but id be willing to bet on it. And how about capital geared towards motorsports??? how much of your R&D/production budget goes towards your OEM goals? What % towards motorsports? I dont need to ask Axis that, as they ONLY produce motorsports wheels, so R&D/production budget goes accordingly.

And meeting your employees has nothing to do with the Industry strength in your country, if such was the case, why wouldnt more outsource there? if you had up to par skilled workers/production/equipment?

Ill highlight what i added, if i can find it all in that wall i built. Ok highlighted.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com

Here is a great article about PAWI and their history

"The Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc. (PAWI) is Philippines' pioneer and leading alloy wheel manufacturer and is time and again listed in the Philippines' Top 600 Corporations. Since they started in 1976, they have specialized in only one product; the Rota Alloy Wheel. All of their resources and energies have been directed into making Rota the finest product one would get today. A top-notch quality wheel, scrupulously designed, and beautifully engineered is a product that can easily outweigh the most prestigious competitions of the world. The Rota wheel excels both in style and in performance.

PAWI which is led by a creative Romy Rojas, whose love for motoring and motor sports has always been an enduring passion, has productively made the transition from being a pioneer to an worldwide exporter of quality alloy wheels.

The company's first produced its Rota Brand of wheels in 1977, with a preliminary manufacturing capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. Rota wheels are preferred by Chrysler-Mitsubishi of Philippines as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles after passing through the rigorous OEM qualifications of its parent company in Japan.

The subsequent years saw other major automobile assemblers such as Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen engaging the services of this company to produce their OE wheel necessities for their vehicles.

In 1988, PAWI made a research on magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy, and came out with flying colors. This made the Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and long-lasting. PAWI began to upgrade its facilities and introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest paraphernalia and machines that speed up and improve compound analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With their comeback into the Philippine market Toyota chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In the year 1990, a landmark was drawn when PAWI hit a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month. In the present day, it produces alloy wheels of outstanding quality, using up to date equipments. A new series of improvement has boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. This is more than ten times of its capacity when it first started.

The manufactures of Rota wheels are done in accordance with high international standards to which they aim at. They utilize some of the most complicated and modern testing carried out by major wheel manufacturers to guarantee the quality and durability of our product.

Their mark of quality is ensured as they use the most elaborate testing methods in the industry such as Composition Test, Vacuum Test, Impact Testing, Cornering Fatigue Test, Drum Test and Coordinating Test

The Rota Motor Sports Series Wheels which they have launched are for true race car fanatics and it isn't for the averages aspiring racers who are just all show and no go. The Rota wheels that we get off the shelf of the dealers will be the same tried and tested models that they use for their racing teams all over the world. So fasten the seat belts and enjoy the ride!
"

^^ Dammit Dan, only the last 2 sentence/totally uninformative paragraph is about your motorsports wheels!?

-Dan

Common, the whole article is about your Philippino car manfacturer OEM wheels, which im not arguing here. Your numbers doubled, tripled, of course, because you have no competition in the Philippines, and what moronic Philippino car manf. is going to outsource for OEM wheels?

And of course you have the big dogs on board for oem wheels, FOR THEIR PHILIPPINO LINEUP OF AUTOS. What big dog is going to spend money to import wheels to the Philippines for their autos made there, for such a tiny blip on their overall gross profit?

Never spend more money than absolutely necessary in an already low profit region.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
FATPUBUS

wow, looks like i opened up a can of worms! seriously tho, unless you have disposable cash and/or run your car at the track why would you pay upwards of 4 grand for wheels and tires other than "thats what is cool"? i could spend 2000 or less and have a badass set of wheels and tires and have 2000 more for exhaust, intake etc... wheels are wheels, and in the end they all do the same thing, and i am sure that whatever the brand, that they pass whatever testing is necessary to be put on the market for sale.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Look up i added some mo for ya, Dan! ^^
Ill agree on capital speculation, but id be willing to bet on it.
And meeting your employees has nothing to do with the Industry strength in your country.
Ill highlight what i added, if i can find it all in that wall i built.
Yea I saw you edited your post after seeing mine.. I'll quote the new posts that I see and provide more information regarding Rota Wheels. First to clear up more confusion, I am not the manufacture and I do not work for Rota. It seems you think WheelDude = Rota. We are a large dealer for Rota Wheels however we are not the same company and we are located here in the US. I'm not Filipino either, but I do enjoy visiting the Philippines

as you supply all OEM Philippino car manf wheels? What does that say about your standards in production, as you have only recently (couple of years?) began to export your wheels. Whats your actual history in European/US motorsports?
PAWI (Rota) does not supply all OEM manufactures with wheels. If Toyota (the largest car manufacture in the world) requests that Rota make OEM wheels for them then that is huge. Yes they are in the Philippines, however, the test standards and quality control for their OEM wheels are still very strict. The roads in the Philippines are absolutely horrible and they need to make sure these wheels can withstand this type of abuse.

Rota Wheels in the US a couple years ago??? It's been a long time but if I recall the first container was brought in to the US in 1989. Rota Wheels are relatively new to the 350Z market (a market WheelDude created back in 2005) but this doesn't mean they haven't been around for a long time.

Rota Wheels in motorsports? Rota Wheels are the #1 choice for motorsports in the Philippines. There are tons of teams running Rota Wheels in AutoX, Drifting, Track use, etc.. I could fill pages full of pictures of various cars running Rota Wheels on track. In the US, Rota Wheels are very common at track days and are starting to be widely seen in Time Attack events. I have honestly never seen an Axis wheel on a car at a local track day and never one Axis wheel on a Time Attack car. Does this mean they aren't capable of running on the track, absolutely not, but I haven't seen any.

There are tons of individuals, private race teams, etc.. running Rota Wheels all over various tracks in the US. If you attend a track day I guarantee you will see someone running Rota Wheels, every track event I attend locally pretty much every car will be running Rota's

Now on to the well known tuners in the US who are winning countless events and are in magazines over and over again.

AMS (record breaking Evo drag cars, record breaking Time Attack cars, etc..)

Rota Slipstream on their 8 second Evo with over 1100whp

GST Motorsports is a team that has won tons of AWD Unlimited events and runs the same exact wheels that our 350Z customers run. The very same 18x9.5 Torque's, same 18x9.5 Grids, same 18x9.5 P45R's, etc.. In fact, GST Motorsports won the Modified Magazine Tuner Shoot out two years in a row now, on *gasp*, Rota P45's Those who have seen this car in person can vouch for it and let everyone know the abuse that it sees.

Been up since 6am so it's time to get off the forums for a bit, I'll reply in the morning if you have more questions or info that needs clearing up

-Dan
Old 09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
GeauxLadyZ

For some "proof" for you, take a look:

The first link is SOME of the "suppliers" i could find for "alloy wheels" in taiwan (Taiwan wheel producers)

The second link... well the second is "Products" i could find for "alloy wheels" in Philippines, since NO SUPPLIERS came up for alloy wheels produced in the Philippines, under the "find suppliers" option.

Taiwan:
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search/...oy_wheels.html

Philippines:
http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch...iers/Rota.html

As you can see, Taiwan has pages and pages of wheel manufacturers. Thats stability, strength, healthy competition for industry advancement, and history in this industry, along with many skilled workers in this trade (that has MUCH to do with it, Dan) avaliable.

Philippines just has, well, Rota. And you arent even listed under "suppliers"

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

For some "proof" for you, take a look:

The first link is SOME of the "suppliers" i could find for "alloy wheels" in taiwan (Taiwan wheel producers)

The second link... well the second is "Products" i could find for "alloy wheels" in Philippines, since NO SUPPLIERS came up for alloy wheels produced in the Philippines, under the "find suppliers" option.

Taiwan:
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search/...oy_wheels.html

Philippines:
http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch...iers/Rota.html

As you can see, Taiwan has pages and pages of wheel manufacturers. Thats stability, strength, healthy competition for industry advancement, and history in this industry, along with many skilled workers in this trade (that has MUCH to do with it, Dan) avaliable.

Philippines just has, well, Rota. And you arent even listed under "suppliers"

My wheels being made in the Philippines would freak me out alittle if i saw this, Dan. I gotto be honest with ya.
Your proof is completely irrelevant and I am once again confused as to why you consider this "proof". Yes, there are a lot of factories in Taiwan however that doesn't mean they are all quality. I am not going to slander another company, however, there are some factories that do have very low quality standards and do not actually JWL/VIA certify their wheels. There are also some factories in Taiwan that do have higher standards and make nice quality cast aluminum wheels. I'm sure Axis (or their manufacture) fall in to the later of the two based on your review for the wheels and various other members (which is good a good thing).

Just because a Rota Wheel is manufactured in the Philippines, it doesn't mean they aren't quality wheels. Are you now going to go in to every single Enkei wheel thread on my350z and have these owners question if their wheels are strong? They do have a manufacturing plant in the Philippines and they have made the RPF1's there.. I hope you don't.. as everyone knows they are a quality wheel regardless of where they are manufactured.. They still have to meet the same JWL/VIA test standards just like Rota Wheels

-Dan

Quick Reply: What do you think of these wheels?