Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

goodyear eagle f1 tire match question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
ericjackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodyear eagle f1 tire match question

ok here's the deal. i have 2 goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 in the rear (255/45/18 4th set. love them http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Eagle+F1+GS-D3 ) and i need to change my front tires (mich pilot sports, suck hard).

i have previously had 245/40/18 gs-d3's up front but i cant find that particular size anymore. i want that size because of the increased grip ive noticed.

well i ordered the "newer" eagle f1 Asymmetric 245/40/18 for the front (great reviews so far. i like the wet/dry traction and good hydroplaning resistance http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+F1+Asymmetric )

does anyone think these tires will not ride smooth together? right now the mich/gs-d3's do not. of course that could be because the whole inside of the mich's tread is gone from the feathering
Old 12-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi Eric, I am running Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires (my setup is F: 245/40-18"F with R: 245/45-18"). I like this tire for the reasons you mention. It sticks like glue to dry roadways, provides exceptional grip on wet surfaces, and rides reasonable well for a summer performance tires. The only downside of this tire is that it’s noisy (but what summer performance tire isn’t noisy), and the noise worsens as the tire wears.

I did have the opportunity to drive a car equipped with the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. I think it’s a better tire. It seems to have all the advantages of the Eagle F1 GS-D3 tire, and it is definitely less noisy.

The F1 Asymmetric and F1 GS-D3 are the same class/type tire. You should have no problem running these together (i.e., F1 Asymmetric on the front and F1 GS-D3 on the rear).

After you run this setup for awhile, please report back on the noise. I’m interested in the F1 Asymmetric hoping it will reduce the sound level.

--Spike
Old 12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by Spike100
Hi Eric, I am running Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires (my setup is F: 245/40-18"F with R: 245/45-18"). I like this tire for the reasons you mention. It sticks like glue to dry roadways, provides exceptional grip on wet surfaces, and rides reasonable well for a summer performance tires. The only downside of this tire is that it’s noisy (but what summer performance tire isn’t noisy), and the noise worsens as the tire wears.

I did have the opportunity to drive a car equipped with the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. I think it’s a better tire. It seems to have all the advantages of the Eagle F1 GS-D3 tire, and it is definitely less noisy.

The F1 Asymmetric and F1 GS-D3 are the same class/type tire. You should have no problem running these together (i.e., F1 Asymmetric on the front and F1 GS-D3 on the rear).

After you run this setup for awhile, please report back on the noise. I’m interested in the F1 hoping it will reduce the sound level.

--Spike
thanks and great post! i was thinking it would be ok for the same reasons. just wanted some other opinions

yeah the gs-d3's have been great. and im sure i would have stayed with them if they had my size because if you look at the ratings and see how high they are with as many people that buy them and keep buying them you'll see its a awesome tire. plus its been around for quite a while.

i am pretty stoked to see how the asymmetric does. i think it will be a good choice in the long run. and i will post up what i think about them. just got my sway bars put on and next will be new struts/lowering springs. after 125k mine are gone. cant wait to have it drive better than the day i bought it again
Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM
3-fifty-WeEe
Banned

I have the F1 asymmetrics on the rear (255's) and they are so comfortable. they GRIP great, roll very quiet since the compound is soft.. VERY VERY good tire is all i have to say.. plus spending 700 for two tires better give you the cats ***
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by 3-fifty-WeEe
I have the F1 asymmetrics on the rear (255's) and they are so comfortable. they GRIP great, roll very quiet since the compound is soft.. VERY VERY good tire is all i have to say.. plus spending 700 for two tires better give you the cats ***
thanks thats good to hear. i actually got the 245/40/18's on tirerack for $195 a piece. sounds like a hell of a deal to me