Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volks with Matte/Flat clearcoat

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more question guys

How do i remove tar without damaging the wheels? I tried to clay bar but after a few passes i think i may have affected the clear coat a little (the area feels so much smoother, maybe its just cleaner). Anyway that didnt work so ill stop before i damage anything. Will using tar remover be okay? This bottle says clear coat safe...thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Not Volks but might be helpful to people with Matte Wheels or Matte Black wheels.
Got a couple things from DI. Great service btw.
Main item I wanted to try was the Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, first sealant I am ever using.
I have brand new set of 19" Advan RS-D w/ Matte Black Finish and White PC'd edge.
Weather has been Poor to say the least and I couldn't wait on the weather to clear to take the wheels outside so I did it indoors. This stuff smells good so it wasnt an issue.
I am wanting to take some good shots in the sun as the detail of the wheel is hard to get being its black and indoor lighting doesn't do it justice.
But initial impression is that after three coats of the PB's Wheel Sealant the wheel remains matte black. Note a little goes a long way.
It appears a slightly deeper black which I am pleased with.
Easily applied with a polish applicator pad and buffs off quite easily with a microfiber towel on both the matte black and white pc'd edge.
Was easy to remove from the crevasses of the raised lettering, machined lettering and stickers as well.
Doesn't produce that white dusty particles that you can get when buffing out some products.
Once the weather clears I plan to apply the sealant to my Smart Car's silver alloy wheels that makes it easier to see the hold up to dirt and brake dust for a round of cleaning.
Will post a full review with pics shortly thereafter.
on this product and Detailed Image.