Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Weird sound from after martket rims and tires???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
roachbob12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i give up am gona have to take it to my service department at the nissan dealership were i work at...lol i was just too lazy to...thanks everyone for your help
Old 06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on getting an alignment first. once that is fixed then its easier to diagnose problems.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roachbob12
Ok i give up am gona have to take it to my service department at the nissan dealership were i work at...lol i was just too lazy to...thanks everyone for your help
You have got to be kidding me!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:49 AM
roachbob12

I KNOW I KNOW SORRY......ITS IN SERVICE RIGHT NOW...SEE WHAT COMES OUT TO BE
Old 06-12-2010, 03:49 PM
alex23

i have the same problem just put new rims and tires on and have the exact loud noise thanx for the post do helpful i thought it was my bearing, will take it to a service first thing monday do
Old 06-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Facepalm for laziness
Old 06-12-2010, 05:42 PM
jray8

Originally Posted by alex23
i have the same problem just put new rims and tires on and have the exact loud noise thanx for the post do helpful i thought it was my bearing, will take it to a service first thing monday do
what tires do you have? The nankang ns II tires I got with my 19's are noisy as hell. Took them off for a while and all I hear is the beautiful exhaust. Some tires are just noisier than others. If the sound wasnt there before then it should be nothing more than tire noise. It does sound like the "whistling" bearing noise at high speed fyi.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:55 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After I had my Volk Ce28n's and Brigdgeston RE050a pole positions installed, I occasionaly hear a slight thud/thump from the rear wheels/tires when cruising at low speeds more that high speeds. It's really hardly noticeable and I have to really try to listen for it (the S/C and exhaust makes enough noise to cover it up if you are not trying really hard to hear it). Driving is normal--the added traction is great, recently had an alignment, using supplied hubcentric rings.

I hightly doubt there is a bend/deformity in the wheel(s) as they were brand new and expensive and supposedly Rays/Volks has a very professional/throrough manufacturing process/QC (although I did notice a very slight dimple in the paint/clear coat--purely aesthetic--on the inner barrel of one of the wheels--but I practically went over everything with a magnifying glass when I got them and that's all I found--everything else perfect) The occasional minor noise was slightly annoying at first, but I haven't really thought about it much until I saw this thread. I'm guessing the balance might be slightly off on one of the wheels (one wheel weight did fall off), I'll be sure to get it double checked when I replace the tires or swap the set out for my winter setup. When I change to to my winter setup (oem 18's/dunlop winter sport m3's), I don't hear it at all.

OP it's hard to diagnose such issues over the internet without hearing the issue or seeing the condition of the wheels/tire. Who mounterd and installed the wheels and tires on your car? If it was the dealership I guess I can see why you took it to them. But if someone else did it I would have taken it to them to double-check their work...

Last edited by jonnylaw; 06-12-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 AM
roachbob12

OK SO I FINALLY FIXED THE SUPER LOUD PROBLEM!! I NEEDED A CAMBER KIT! SINCE MY CAR IS DROPPED WITH EIBACH PRO KIT! LAST NIGHT I BOUGHT A STILLEN CAMBER KIT FOR 500 OFF A BUDDY OF MINE(WHOLE CAMBER KIT IS MSRP AT 1300 AT STILLEN.COM GOT IT FOR 500 =D) I WAS ONLY ABLE TO INSTALL THE FRONT CUZ I RAN OUT OF TIME BUT IT SOLVED THE FRONT NOISE NOW ITS ONLY IN THE BACK..THERE IS STILL A LITTLE NOISE BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP "SUNNY" TIRES THAT CAME WITH THE RIMS...CAMBER KIT WILL SOLVE THE NOISE IF YOUR CAR IS DROPPED WITH AFTER MARKET RIMS