Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

VARRSTOEN 18" TE37 Offset for 350z Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
jduet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
oooohhh just give it time.... the CE guys said the same thing a few months back. I hope mackin puts there foot in someone....
Blood will run in the streets
Old 10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. You guys are ridiculous. The guy is asking for info on who to ask about the Varrstoens. He obviously meant that he wants the wheel that is styled like the TE37, but the language barrier came into play.

The Varrstoen wheels can be had by at least two vendors here. One vendor is named "Varrstoen" and the other is "DTMAUTOBODY". Check with those two vendors and they will be able to answer your questions.

You will have trouble getting good advice from someone here about replica wheels. This site is loaded with wheel snobs.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Thing is, a lot of people on here say it's pretty hard to tell a Varrs replica from a real TE, aside from the Rays stamps and etc (stickers aside obviously).
I disagree however. I think it's pretty telltale, there is just something off about them, even though they are so similar.
It's kinda like if you've ever seen a tranny...you think for the first second, that chick is hot, and then you realize it's a dude and she has a dick.
even in pics i can tell which ones are fake and which ones are real. the difference in the finish is noticeable even more so in person.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Wow. You guys are ridiculous. The guy is asking for info on who to ask about the Varrstoens. He obviously meant that he wants the wheel that is styled like the TE37, but the language barrier came into play.

The Varrstoen wheels can be had by at least two vendors here. One vendor is named "Varrstoen" and the other is "DTMAUTOBODY". Check with those two vendors and they will be able to answer your questions.

You will have trouble getting good advice from someone here about replica wheels. This site is loaded with wheel snobs.
i think most of here could careless who bought a varss wheel i dont. its just when kids start posing them for something they are not is what most of here have a problem with. even with the language barrier you can tell from his first response what kind of kid we are dealing with.

"ya.. i mean that same as TE37 "

i have a replica nismo v2 bumper. when im at meets when people ask me what kind of bumper i have, i tell them "its a nismo version 2 replica" they ask me what kind of rear diffuser i have i tell them its a top secret replica made my mastergrade. i dont try to pose it original.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:26 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jduet
I'm happy no one makes fake GT-S's yet
+1....I will burn cities to the ground.

Thing is, a lot of people on here say it's pretty hard to tell a Varrs replica from a real TE, aside from the Rays stamps and etc (stickers aside obviously).
I disagree however. I think it's pretty telltale, there is just something off about them, even though they are so similar.
It's kinda like if you've ever seen a tranny...you think for the first second, that chick is hot, and then you realize it's a dude and she has a dick.

LOL, from now on im calling Varrstoens "trannys". Its like they look almost like the real thing on the outside, but in reality they are not functional like the real thing. LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL!!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 PM
KBurn

Why are you guys hating on these wheels? Some people dont have $2500+ to drop on a set of authentic TE37s. If you guys have that much money to spend on volks congrats, you get a nice set of wheels that have a brand name and are made better.

For some people its not important and they have other things to spend their money on.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
hwcustoms

Originally Posted by KBurn
Why are you guys hating on these wheels? Some people dont have $2500+ to drop on a set of authentic TE37s. If you guys have that much money to spend on volks congrats, you get a nice set of wheels that have a brand name and are made better.

For some people its not important and they have other things to spend their money on.

The hate does not come from spending less on wheels. As Nexx said above... If people wanna rock varrs.... Cool.

The problem is with product misrepresentation.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
jduet

Like hw said, we don't hate b/c people rock Vars, we hate b/c they call their vars Volks. Get the difference?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I could have sworn I just read this discussion somewhere else. I still agree/disagree with everyone.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 PM
stradaONE8

No one cares about your or anyone else's budget. This has never been the issue. No one is judging someone because they have a different amount of money to spend on a product. If you dont have 3-4k for Volks, great, no problem. Buy a cheaper wheel. Plenty exist, plenty of unique designs...

But no, people want TEs, CEs, etc etc etc, but don't actually want to spend the money to get them. So intead of supporting the original companies that make wheels that are in the 1-2k price range, they buy the knockoffs. Thus supporting the leech of the industry who doesn't bother with any actual design, but just rips off others work. That's where our issue arises, and more so when the inferior replica is played off as the original to any layman.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 10-07-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...ke-wheels.html

Refer to the thread... we will hate and nobody can stop us buahhhaaaahhhhaaaaa. Don't get butt hurt its the circle of life.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 AM
aznb_boy89

Originally Posted by AllstarE4

Thank You AllstarE4! These guys are f***in idiots lol.. Their sittin here sayin we're only hating because of the "product misrepresentation".. Where the hell did he say he was gonna buy Volk stickers or lugs or anything Volk of that matter to "misrepresent" the product? He jus wanted to know the best offset for his specs. Buncha lames lol
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by aznb_boy89
Thank You AllstarE4! These guys are f***in idiots lol.. Their sittin here sayin we're only hating because of the "product misrepresentation".. Where the hell did he say he was gonna buy Volk stickers or lugs or anything Volk of that matter to "misrepresent" the product? He jus wanted to know the best offset for his specs. Buncha lames lol
Sounds like someone has a sandy vagina... Deal with it. You cant say "good advice and Replica wheels" in the same sentence. OP just search a little... there's a thread by MannySrt8 just for Varrs wheels that may have some good advice.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
hwcustoms

Thanks aznboy for that wonderful first post. Move on newb.....

And by product misrepresentation I meant he was calling a varrstoen a te37. Can't really argue that.....
Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 AM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
oooohhh just give it time.... the CE guys said the same thing a few months back. I hope mackin puts there foot in someone....
+1... Some random Z owner at school told me he wants to buy my ce's not so long ago. I said, shoot me an offer and I might let them go if it is reasonable. I was offered 1200 for wheels + tires(T1r's)!!!. I said not in a good manner. 5 secs later, he bitches and says " I'll go online and order them, I've seen the Varrstoen CE28's going for around 1k. I was being too nice for offering you the same for your used set." Inside of me, I wanted to punch his face; instead, I said don't forget to order the wheel center caps and sticker cause they don't come with them. LOL

I have no issues with someone that buys replicas(I had rotas once, and track those hella time. I had no issues at all). However, those FAAGS that behave like they are the shiat and they think they are balling hella JDM functional products when in reality they are rolling knock off's products is what irritates me.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:28 AM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, any offset less than +18 should work. I've seen those wheel on a +12 offset working fine with the oem brembos.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

haaaaaa thats the best analogy yet.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

u have to be a hardcore volk fan to really know that they are varrstoens and not TEs, at least from +5ft away( driving distance). In other words probably only 5% of car enthusiasts would actually know the difference.

Quick Reply: VARRSTOEN 18" TE37 Offset for 350z Brembo