Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Looking for a better look on the back

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM
zerostyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks horrible. oem wheels fit better.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
ballin_boi13

look like permanent spares
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
VQpoweredZ

Wow, they do look like spares. Can I have your honest opinion... do you really think when looking at the rear of your car that your wheels "fill out" the car? 7.5's are so tiny in comparison to our cars.

You should definitely buy stocks. I don't think anyone on the forums will buy those wheels though to be honest.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

OP:
If you posted this on a national site, please be prepared to receive the proper anwers by enthusiasts who will tell you from real experience and technical expertise. Everyone understands people have a budget etc.. but thats not WHAT you asked, and thats certainly not WHO you asked either.

These are the only actual questions you posted in your thread OP:

So what would be a good size to go to for the rear?
thats totally up to your choice, but the tendency is the larger the better in terms of looks, which is what you asked about.. but not necessarily for performance.. hence we have no idea what your leaning towards aside from the fact you certianly are not out for performance w a set up like that. So back to looks.. you cant runa good looking tire becuase your offset is off, and horribly so. Everyone is just being honest, and it didnt appear anyone was being a jerk about it luckily.

I was thinking 255/45/18 or is it possible to do 265/40/18 or would that be too much? 265 is not too wide, again, your offsets are hideous tho. Your answer? no, its not too much, i ran 275 w the PROPER offsets which placed the wheel much farther towards the outside of the car than your set up.

all posts about the offsets being horrendous and judgements on what others willthnk of you may or may not be important, but since you did ask an opinion, this is what youget.

My advice> Go get cheap tires and milk em until you can get some proper offest wheels.. even XXrs are cheap.. at least do that. I agree those wheels youve got have a popular look, but they dont fit right, and lame looking wheels but with sick offsets and sizing still look far better than cool wheels meant to be fit to another vehicle.. car ppl can always tell . Sorry, but good luck tho too.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
OP:
If you posted this on a national site, please be prepared to receive the proper anwers by enthusiasts who will tell you from real experience and technical expertise. Everyone understands people have a budget etc.. but thats not WHAT you asked, and thats certainly not WHO you asked either.

These are the only actual questions you posted in your thread OP:

thats totally up to your choice, but the tendency is the larger the better in terms of looks, which is what you asked about.. but not necessarily for performance.. hence we have no idea what your leaning towards aside from the fact you certianly are not out for performance w a set up like that. So back to looks.. you cant runa good looking tire becuase your offset is off, and horribly so. Everyone is just being honest, and it didnt appear anyone was being a jerk about it luckily.

I was thinking 255/45/18 or is it possible to do 265/40/18 or would that be too much? 265 is not too wide, again, your offsets are hideous tho. Your answer? no, its not too much, i ran 275 w the PROPER offsets which placed the wheel much farther towards the outside of the car than your set up.

all posts about the offsets being horrendous and judgements on what others willthnk of you may or may not be important, but since you did ask an opinion, this is what youget.

My advice> Go get cheap tires and milk em until you can get some proper offest wheels.. even XXrs are cheap.. at least do that. I agree those wheels youve got have a popular look, but they dont fit right, and lame looking wheels but with sick offsets and sizing still look far better than cool wheels meant to be fit to another vehicle.. car ppl can always tell . Sorry, but good luck tho too.
on a 7.5 rim those size tires are too big. Offset isnt everything width is as well.

OP you are pushing it running anything over a 245 on a 7.5 rim. You are asking for problems and it is not recommended.

I know someone with 225's on a 7.5 and that is a straight sidewall soo I know 245 is already starting to bulge.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dudegetalife
y they've served their purpose for 3+ years everyone likes them i know their the cheap **** but they r ok in my book

bro your car is ugly as hell, im trying to help you out. Buy oem wheels, they cost $200-$400 with tires on craigslist. Again your car looks like **** and you have horrible taste sir
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
DBTre50z

have some old voxx monza rims yes yes they came with car previous owner lol

its time for a tire change for the rear and want a more aggressive look

here are specs on rims

18x7.5

5x100 Bolt Pattern
45mm offset
Gloss black with machined lip.
Universal

right now running 245/45/18 with no camber wear. Not suprising since i have adjustable control arms/camber arms front and back and get an alignment every oil change.

I was thinking 255/45/18 or is it possible to do 265/40/18 or would that be too much?
Originally Posted by Toby-22

bro your car is ugly as hell, im trying to help you out. Buy oem wheels, they cost $200-$400 with tires on craigslist. Again your car looks like **** and you have horrible taste sir
He clearly states they were already on the car when he purchased it
Old 01-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry dude, those wheels look like they belong on a FWD

Put them on craigslist and get some better fitting wheels and tires rather than trying to adapt these to the Z
Old 01-21-2011, 05:20 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DBTre50z
Why would he purchase it if he didn't like the wheels?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 AM
dudegetalife

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Why would he purchase it if he didn't like the wheels?
13k 04 zr with 56k miles and new tires,3 years ago couldn't beat it and still hard to beat it today.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 AM
AroundMyHorn

13k 04 zr with 56k miles and new tires,3 years ago couldn't beat it and still hard to beat it today.
You have a point (damn good deal 3 years ago) but with those savings I would have definitely sprung for some new wheels.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 AM
dudegetalife

You have a point (damn good deal 3 years ago) but with those savings I would have definitely sprung for some new wheels.
I have been looking for a good deal on tires plus wheels since it is tire change time but last time i found an amazing deal on stock tires that i just couldn't pass up lol full set of potenzas for 350 with no miles on them
Old 01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DBTre50z
he also stated they "do the job" and was defending them. He plans to keep the wheels
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 PM
dudegetalife

Originally Posted by Toby-22
he also stated they "do the job" and was defending them. He plans to keep the wheels
can't find any that just make my jaw drop and say omg those look badass otherwise i'd pick em up feel free to post up some pics
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 PM
AroundMyHorn

can't find any that just make my jaw drop and say omg those look badass otherwise i'd pick em up feel free to post up some pics
Now is when I have to say put the crack pipe down dude. I could literally throw a rock out the window and hit a car with better looking wheels than yours. Go to the wheels and tires section of this site and go over all the threads with wheels in them. Hopefully you will come to the realization that your wheels should be set on fire and thrown into a dumpster with you going out and buying wheels the very next day.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:53 PM
dudegetalife

Now is when I have to say put the crack pipe down dude. I could literally throw a rock out the window and hit a car with better looking wheels than yours. Go to the wheels and tires section of this site and go over all the threads with wheels in them. Hopefully you will come to the realization that your wheels should be set on fire and thrown into a dumpster with you going out and buying wheels the very next day.
seen the volks and i'm like ehhh dont want any chrome either since every other person has chrome their are only 1 that i've seen that look pretty good but i've never seen em done on a 350z i've seen mustang bullitts powerdercoated shadow chrome and that was if the z was a mustang i'd buy it but a z with bullitts is