Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Vertini Drift wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Maxx87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess i'm not gonna get an answer from that guy. Since don't many people seem to get interest, i'm gonna ask for this thread to be closed, as i thought people would be curious.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
RocKstR350z

What kinda offsets to they come in ? FI thats th wheel in the box then they look pretty good. Usuaully knock off companies dont have any good sizes and thats my onyl real problem with certain companies.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Maxx87

for offsets that's what i've been wanting to know and still unanswered. i saw on the market place b2autodesigns is selling them in 20" size, would have to check again but i think is +25 or +30 for those he has. Other offsets available? don't know yet

The wheel in the pic posted by WV350z is an original Volk GT-S wheel

Last edited by Maxx87; 03-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 PM
RocKstR350z

A +30 offset would be pretty weak. And if thats the lowest offset in 20" then im willing to bet that the lowest for 19". WEll have to wait and see till you find out if there are other options. If you can get a lower offset then id be all for it. Just seems that the replicas are weak offsets. Well see tho
Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 AM
MorenoEnNYC

I'm curious about a +30 offset. I'm not too interested in an overly aggressive look where the edge of a rim's lip slightly pokes out beyond the rear fender...Although this is ideal, sometimes one's budget places limits on things.

Basically I would like for the rim's lip to sit a couple of millimeters behind the outer edge of the fender, not necessarily behind the inner edge of the fender. Does this make sense? Will a 10.5 inch wheel with a +30 offset give me this look on a 350z? When looking at the car from the rear I definitely don't want the rim to look as though it's sitting 1-2 inches behind the fender.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-10-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Maxx87

well moreno, maybe you could consider spacers if i understand mostly what you wish for. Of course i wish to get 22 or around for an offset but 30 is alright, the stock rays for the nismo editions have 30 offset and still look awesome

I don't see why 30 offset would be bad unless you wanna go hellaflush

Last edited by Maxx87; 03-10-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WV350z
God damnit...when i thought a replica of the gts wasnt happening....fml...

+1k first thing i thought when i saw the pics even before i read OP's post.

God damn ****ing company ****ing knocking off the GTS... I thought it would never happen if it hadnt happened yet.

At least they arent offering a Mag blue'ish option.

...JDuet's gonna be pissed if/when he sees this, lol.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-10-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Maxx87

There is probably no great wheel that doesn't have a replica
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

IMO those actually look nicer than the regular GTS minus the SF challenge type raised blocks. I do like how the insides of the spokes have some unpainted areas

Its just too bad they had to copy someone else's actual wheel design
Old 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
GeauxLadyZ

God damnit...when i thought a replica of the gts wasnt happening....fml...
I also just happened to read your post in this other thread just now, LOL! Your having a bad week, sir.

dude dont feel bad...I just picked up another Z...and it has TS Gold TEs and I hadda kid ask me if they were varrstoens...I wanted to smack the retard out of him...but they cant copy the GTS on my G hopefully...if they do I sweaaarr

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Guess i'm not gonna get an answer from that guy. Since don't many people seem to get interest, i'm gonna ask for this thread to be closed, as i thought people would be curious. "

why ask for the thread to be closed based on if we show interest in the wheels?

"for offsets that's what i've been wanting to know and still unanswered. i saw on the market place b2autodesigns is selling them in 20" size, would have to check again but i think is +25 or +30 for those he has. Other offsets available? don't know yet"

offsets came right up when I googled vertini wheel offsets , how much effort did you put in and not find them, they post all the offsets they offer in that size , they are not hiding anything?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...todesigns.html

Vertini Drift
20 8.5 F and 20 10.0 R
offset: 35 F and 35 R

20 9.0 F and 20 10.5 R
offset: 20 F and 30 R

wheels don't look bad but if volks cost you $4,000 to Canada how much do you think these will cost you ?

get them in 20" x 9/10.5 , 20 front & 30 rear and use spacers

Last edited by 350zspl; 03-10-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM
MorenoEnNYC

Thanks Maxx!

Originally Posted by Maxx87
well moreno, maybe you could consider spacers if i understand mostly what you wish for. Of course i wish to get 22 or around for an offset but 30 is alright, the stock rays for the nismo editions have 30 offset and still look awesome

I don't see why 30 offset would be bad unless you wanna go hellaflush
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Maxx87

You know GeauxladyZ, wheels is a buisness...if volk models pay then they make similar products. Whatever the kind of thing someone sells, if it works, others will copy the idea. So let's put it this way: You want to make money selling wheels and you start your company. You need models that will interest people. You see the popular Volks, Work, SSR, etc. You need money to make a base for the company. Then people will buy and you'll have a solid ground on which to build up with new models afterwards.

Of course i value originals but a car is not an investment for many and it is actually not. It is an expense. So between two wheels that look exactly the same and about 2000$ cheaper, to the common folk that likes cars and that is paying a house and all...I think that is the route those people will take.

That will also make the competition and make an effect on prices for the originals. Who knows, maybe originals will be less expensive because people won't want to buy at that price anymore.

If possible, i'm getting originals. If not, i'll find an alternative.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Maxx87
You know GeauxladyZ, wheels is a buisness...if volk models pay then they make similar products. Whatever the kind of thing someone sells, if it works, others will copy the idea. So let's put it this way: You want to make money selling wheels and you start your company. You need models that will interest people. You see the popular Volks, Work, SSR, etc. You need money to make a base for the company. Then people will buy and you'll have a solid ground on which to build up with new models afterwards.

Of course i value originals but a car is not an investment for many and it is actually not. It is an expense. So between two wheels that look exactly the same and about 2000$ cheaper, to the common folk that likes cars and that is paying a house and all...I think that is the route those people will take.

That will also make the competition and make an effect on prices for the originals. Who knows, maybe originals will be less expensive because people won't want to buy at that price anymore.

If possible, i'm getting originals. If not, i'll find an alternative.

Ive been in countless arguments with this age old debate for the last 3 years. It always goes nowhere. For every point you make i can counter just as easily, and then you can counter me. It all comes down to whether you want the real deal or are not bothered by having the fakes. Everybody has different opinions.

Knockoffs seem to be a thriving business in this weak world economy and i dont see it changing any time soon.

However my feelings will never change about this topic, and neither will the other side's.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-11-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 AM
VQpoweredZ

Those wheels look awkward and too skinny in 20's. I really thought this day would never come but someone had to go and make a copy of the GT-S. They really had to put their name exactly where volk did? I understand wheels will be similar but they sure do not have to be exactly the same.

In what world do these wheels look nicer than the GT-S?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Maxx87

GeauxladyZ i respect your opinion and I would be one to praise a great looking Z with Volk wheels, including yours. Originals will always have my praise for sure. I was not trying to counter you, i'm sorry if you got that feeling, it was not my intention. I was only giving my point of view on this market and not trying to go against you.

Back to topic, i did search but i wanted a direct answer from Vertini for all the available offsets and if more to expect soon from that new model, it would be possible that vendors sells those with the most popular offsets.

I agree with VQpoweredZ it is sad they made it almost exactly the same, they could have put a different touch to the wheel, especially for the compagny name on the spoke, like putting it in a circle around the lug nuts or else. They do look good like the GT-S though.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
MorenoEnNYC

knock-offs, rocks-off, socks-off..who cares...they look good, the price is good and a hot chick or regular joe walking down the street admiring your ride and your big shiny wheels are none the wiser A 20x10.5 wheel isn't skinny

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-11-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 AM
MorenoEnNYC

For the price and look I'm sold! I know they'll look amazing in gloss black w/polished lip on my triple black 350ZR

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-11-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by MorenoEnNYC
knock-offs, rocks-off, socks-off..who cares...they look good, the price is good and a hot chick or regular joe walking down the street admiring your ride and your big shiny wheels are none the wiser A 20x10.5 wheel isn't skinny
Says the user with 10 posts . I was referring to the spokes not the width of the wheel being skinny, i'd rather support the company who makes the original designs. I understand not buying authentic parts if you cannot afford, but they are not on the same level because they look the same.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 AM
MorenoEnNYC

^^ totally understood. For me I'm not buying these because they resemble Volks..never even knew gt-s existed.. I knew of gt-c which I don't like because of the dimpled spokes. Either way it doesn't matter, i'm not into the whole racing scene or a Z club fanatic...I'm buying because they look good and the price is right...it was either these or Vossens...good looks and great price.

Last edited by MorenoEnNYC; 03-11-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Vertini Drift wheels