Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

XXR wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
IE.350zHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXR wheels

Hey guys I'm looking to get my Z some rims... I really like the XXR 526. I know they were highly anticipated. Do any of you know the reputation on this manufacture?
Thanks Guys
Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...-a-budget.html

Made in Taiwan, dirty cheap, tons of people have them. Highly anticipated? Click link above.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...-a-budget.html

Made in Taiwan, dirty cheap, tons of people have them. Highly anticipated? Click link above.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll sell you my wheels instead! haha
Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 PM
IE.350zHR

Default FML

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Not what I wanted to hear.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:09 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

heavy as a pile of cement, and the lip is baloon animal puffy thick, not the same look as a real lipd wheel at all.
Run away from XXR wheels, doesnt mean you need to buy volks.. but ther are far better looking wheels for the Z.. and far many more threads than this one about them.

search man.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

I will defend cheap wheels here, haha. If you like how they look and they allow you to run a wider tire, then why now? AND at the end of a day, lets say you wreck a rim, it is like $150 for a new XXR or like $500+ for a high quality rim. Am I saying I would not love to have some DPE or Work wheels? HELL NO, I would love them, but I will revisit that when my budget can afford really nice wheels

I am personally running flat black XXR 521 18x10 +25 all around, I personally love how they look but wish I could have gotten something with more lip in the rear... I have been running them for nearly a year and the only problem I have had is the red in the center caps is beginning to fade

Last edited by Classy; 10-25-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I wanna say these seem to have less failures compared to other companies who sell straight up knock off's.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 AM
350Zensokou

Do what you can with what you got. Fake or real, heavy or light a wheels a wheel. If your just getting them for looks then I'd say there nice looking wheels. Build your car for you and not for the forums.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up More guys should think this way

Originally Posted by 350Zensokou
Do what you can with what you got. Fake or real, heavy or light a wheels a wheel. If your just getting them for looks then I'd say there nice looking wheels. Build your car for you and not for the forums.
I agree,too much thought is given to how heavy the wheel,too shiney etc.
Its your car do what you want.Lets face it,not everyone has a track car that weight is a factor.Most are for the look.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

yeah, i hear ya, but theres bad wine and good wine, theres good art and bad art.. and you dont have to like it to be able to tell its good.

( non angry, informative rant follows)

There are factors to things that make a difference. Nuances. And no, price is not one of them. Neither is brand.

XXR goes for a specific look with lesser quaklity manufacturing processes.
In going for this look ( with their lip wheels) they miss the mark as the lip is extremely thick and rounded, making the wheel look far smaller than it is.. its almost like having a chrome whitewall. It is what it is. This is NOT what three piece wheels really look like. They have missed the mark on the nuances that make something good.

Yes, build your car for yourself.. always. But be preapred for people to tell you what youre doing to your car.
You do not have to race for one second of the day to feel an absolutley dramatic change in the car when the wheel combo becomes heavy. Add to this a plus one-three size in wheel and you are now moving far more weight to the outside of the rolling diameter.
Physics will state this weight will now operate with more leverage and require far more power to begin it spinning , or to slow it down than if it were closer to the center.

You have a heavy car. You have relatively little HP. Nissan made the car feel more fun by using aluminum sprung ewight suspension components for a reason. Heavy wheels change this feeling very quickly.

My point is that looks aside, personal preference, cash, brand.. whatever... there IS TRULY a point where your choice borders on ruining aspects of an otherwise well painted picture or well constructed wine.
How about the guys with Cutlass'es and like 40 inch chrome blade wheels? IS that cool? To them yes, but its taken the car EXTREMELY far away from its intended function... which is far less acceptable to do to a medium quality late model sports car.

And THAT is why we all chime in so hard on XXR wheel threads. Theres so many other ways to go that are still cheap.

You dont have to be like me or the next guy, but to make your wheel upgrade an actual downgrade to the car.. youre only kidding yourself. Especially when there are truly sooo many options in the same price range that wil garner you far more enjoyment out of the car.

The arguments pro and con crappy parts are too simplified here.. theres more too it than the frustration posts by vets, or the defense by noobs.

I hope by me taking time to explain it serves to explain its not a brand ***** cash issue, its about not downgrading the car.

My widebody kit? can easily be done to downgrade the car.. for SUUUUURE. Proper suspension work, precise camber toe and caster set ups, and the requirement for giant rear tires to meet traction issues makes it a necessity. 325 tires, tons of HP ( soon) make it at least realistic.

Rolling this kit w TSW std offset wheels and huge spacers? DOWNGRADE, period. If thats all yooure gna do, leave car as is... same deal man.

Those huge wheels in my signature? Dont exist anymore. And they were sick iForged 3 piece too...Looks neat in the pic, but thats it. Heavy, tall. Bad.
I take my own advice.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IE.350zHR
Not what I wanted to hear.
Search before making another thread.