Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

New Axis Hiro Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004 | 04:11 PM
amf813

Originally posted by syf0n
amf813,

I have a set of Axis HIROs on my car. I have had them for several months. No signs of degredation yet. I know many other people with Axis wheels of all sorts who have had no problems for many years. Hope this helps.

Thanks....I figured the guy was just jerking me around because he would make more off the sale of the Volks.

I love the Volk GT-Cs and Axis Hiro's also which is why I was going to base my decision on price.
I guess if the Hiro's don't have any long term issues then they are the way to go....

Anyone have an opinion on whether you should order your wheels with tires (mounted and balanced) or purchase the tires locally?

I have heard that purchasing the tires locally is ideal because you can get free alignment, rotations, etc....

Any opinions?
Old 08-13-2004 | 10:00 PM
Strife350z

i ordered my wheels from wheelstudio... there are people who have had a bad experience with them, but they were curteous and responsive to me every step of the way.

in terms of getting free alignment and so on, i doubt many vendors will offer you that... but if they do and if their price is comparable to something online, then definitely go that route.. i bought my tires from different vendors (discount tire direct) and had to pay for mounting, balancing and alignment separately which totalled close to 250 cdn (about 170 US) once everything arrived at my door

... as for axis versus volk, you know my opinion on that already... volks are obviously higher quality, but considering the price and the fact that they look equally nice (IMO), i went with the hiros
Old 08-13-2004 | 10:54 PM
SponGer

What up everyone! My first post on 350z.com. I don't have Hiro's, but I did put 19" Milanos (staggered) on my Benz almost a year ago and have had no problems. Great lookin' wheel, awesome value. The Milano's have a much bigger lip than the Hiro's. Also, call Derek at spyeng.com as he has great deals on Axis.
Old 08-14-2004 | 12:28 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by zeroday
btw ZZTOP the money i didnt WASTE on rims, is in my bank account. it adds up :

Love ya,
Zero

LOL!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed!!!! Woooowwwww!!!!!

Seriously, you can argue that money spent on crap is wasted...while money spent on something much better is not.
Old 08-14-2004 | 10:10 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by ZZtopp
LOL!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed!!!! Woooowwwww!!!!!

Seriously, you can argue that money spent on crap is wasted...while money spent on something much better is not.
well, my axis rims look great, i get compliments all the time, they roll , they haven't bent, they aren't heavy....so what am i missing out on here?? please tell me what more i would have gained if i were to have spent the extra grand...i'm really curious! would they roll better
Old 08-14-2004 | 10:11 PM
ZZtopp

well, my axis rims look great, i get compliments all the time, they roll , they haven't bent, they aren't heavy....so what am i missing out on here?? please tell me what more i would have gained if i were to have spent the extra grand...i'm really curious! would they roll better
Actually, 4-5 extra pounds at each corner WILL make a noticeable difference in power.

It's all a matter of choice. I chose to put a great quality wheel on a great car, not something cheaper that may not have the necessary strength and durability for a 19" diameter. There's a much better chance of yours bending than mine. No sense being penny wise and pound foolish. You ultimately get what you pay for.
Old 08-14-2004 | 11:02 PM
syf0n

You ultimately get what you pay for.
Which is...?

We will both agree that there are varying levels of quality. However, I don't think you're of the opinion that Axis makes quality wheels. Have you ever heard of problems with a weak, bent set of AXIS wheels? I certainly haven't. These wheels are perfectly fine and will stand up to the abuse of the track without problems. If they didn't look good no one would buy them, and if they didn't perform then we'd already have tons of complaints -- I assure you that many people driving cars with these wheels have encountered dozens of potholes, and that they have been on many spirited drives -- all without a hitch.

Yes, I agree that Volk makes stronger wheels. If the Volk wheel can handle a bump rated "9/10" without bending and the Axis can handle one rated "7/10"...but the most you ever encounter driving on a paved surface is a "5/10" ...then what's the problem? What the majority of us are trying to say here is that the quality of the wheels is good enough for us. If you like 4x4 offroading your Z and encounter lots of harsh bumps and splits in the terrain, so be it. Your choice to buy Volk wheels is a good one. J/K!

We all know what you're saying, but put simply...they're good enough for us!
Old 08-15-2004 | 05:35 AM
zeroday

Actually, 4-5 extra pounds at each corner WILL make a noticeable difference in power.

It's all a matter of choice. I chose to put a great quality wheel on a great car, not something cheaper that may not have the necessary strength and durability for a 19" diameter. There's a much better chance of yours bending than mine. No sense being penny wise and pound foolish. You ultimately get what you pay for.
i notice no percievable acceleration difference since adding the rims so that's a non issue. as for my rims bending easier, i can tell you that i've hit several decent sized potholes already without a problem. plenty of them here in PA. but lets say i did hit a whopper pothole and bend a rim...i could replace several rims and still have paid less than you. plus the hiros look better than your plane jane te-37's IMO. your argument holds no water.
Old 08-15-2004 | 05:44 AM
zeroday

I chose to put a great quality wheel on a great car
i chose to put an affordable wheel on an affordable sports car. if i were out to buy the best money could buy in terms of performance, prestige, etc, i would not be driving a z.
Old 08-15-2004 | 12:55 PM
amf813

Does anyone have pics of 19" Hiro's in Silver on a Z?
Old 08-15-2004 | 01:59 PM
ZZtopp

i notice no percievable acceleration difference since adding the rims so that's a non issue. as for my rims bending easier, i can tell you that i've hit several decent sized potholes already without a problem. plenty of them here in PA. but lets say i did hit a whopper pothole and bend a rim...i could replace several rims and still have paid less than you. plus the hiros look better than your plane jane te-37's IMO. your argument holds no water.

For someone who is so insecure and apparently just has to be "right" so bad that you actually posted a bank statement (either real or fabricated) to make a point that has little to do with this discussion, there is really nothing I can say that you will ever be objective about or agree with. By the way, if that's all I had in my bank account, I wouldn't be spending a dime of it on a frivolous thing like aftermarket wheels. I'd be finding some way to make that money work for me.

As far as the wheel issue goes, regardless of what you'll admit to, there is a noticeable power loss with wheels that are 4-5 pound heavier at each corner. I've felt it myself first hand, but perhaps you're not as in touch with the car as I am.

So you could replace several rims and still not pay as much as I paid? Good for you....I guess the Axis wheels are even cheaper than I remember. I'm not surpised.....they do look like cheap wheels to anyone who really knows their stuff, but I'm sure that's not an issue to you. That's why they make cubic zirconias.....some people are happy to be poseurs and simply cannot afford or will not pay a bit more for the real thing that will ultimately prove to be a better investment.

Looks are a subjective thing. I prefer the clean, aggressive design of the TE37's (love those concave spokes) over just about any other wheel out there. The iForged Aero with rivets would be my second choice, but their poor customer service and spotty quality control keep me away. For a multipiece wheel, however, the Aero has the best design and spoke proportions I've ever seen. The Axis Milanos look fat and clunky, while the Hiros just look cheap....IMHO. Many people might think that the 350Z looks "Plain Jane" without some overdone, grotesque body kit. I prefer the original, clean design. The TE37's fit very well with this car without detracting from it at all.

Finally, the 350Z IS a great car...the fact that it's affordable has absolutely nothing to do with it. The car's quality, performance and price range warrants a great set of wheels. I chose Volk for their quality, design, and price. I would not spend HRE prices on a $30,000 car. It wouldn't be necessary and would not improve performance at all. I also wouldn't put on a heavy, cheap set of cast wheels either. Having said that, for my next car, which will either be a 2006 Z06, or a 2005 AMV8, I would certainly consider HRE wheels (if I was not happy with the factory designs). There's something about quality begetting quality that makes HRE more appropriate in that price range. Just as Volks are approriate for the Z, something that does not equal the car's performance and quality envelope is not.

I know you'll never see any of this my way (outwardly on this forum anyway), but that's fine. All this started with a stupid remark directed at Volk owners....a remark bred out of either jealousy or ignorance. Supposedly, ignorance is bliss, so enjoy your Axis wheels and keep impressing those who don't know the difference. Those of us who do however, know exactly what you're all about.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 08-15-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2004 | 03:30 PM
Bahraini350Z

does it come with TPS? or u just fix it without it?
Old 08-15-2004 | 05:33 PM
zeroday

...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...

bwahaha you are a piece of work. do you actually expect me to waste my time reading all that crap??....you dont have much else to do do ya? the bank statement i posted was my checking account. you seem to imply you have more than that in your account (sure ya do)...only a fool would leave much more than that in their checking/savings account for any length of time...most of my money is tied up in stocks/bonds/property. i can very easily prove it's my balance i posted if it means that much to you. i have no reason to fabricate a balance. The point in posting that was to prove to you i didn't buy my axis rims because i couldnt afford volks.

you talk like you're big money but i bet you spend your whole paycheck on your car. i can spot people like you a mile away. only someone with no money would brag about having nicer, more expensive rims than someone else. it's very transparent.

luv ya!
zero
Old 08-15-2004 | 07:15 PM
ZZtopp

bwahaha you are a piece of work. do you actually expect me to waste my time reading all that crap??....you dont have much else to do do ya? the bank statement i posted was my checking account. you seem to imply you have more than that in your account (sure ya do)...only a fool would leave much more than that in their checking/savings account for any length of time...most of my money is tied up in stocks/bonds/property. i can very easily prove it's my balance i posted if it means that much to you. i have no reason to fabricate a balance. The point in posting that was to prove to you i didn't buy my axis rims because i couldnt afford volks.

you talk like you're big money but i bet you spend your whole paycheck on your car. i can spot people like you a mile away. only someone with no money would brag about having nicer, more expensive rims than someone else. it's very transparent.

luv ya!
zero

I guess when you have no real arguments left and you've been totally proven wrong, the only thing you can do is try to attack someone personally. The problem is you have absolutely no knowledge of me, so your attack is based on the little fantasies you've created in your head that you hope to be true. These fantasies that internet warriors such as yourself create are usually mirror images of themselves, so take a closer look inside and you might be surprised at what you find.

You know what's even more pathetic? That "Luv ya" thing came from me first.....now you've used it twice like it's YOUR little attempt to be cute. Whassamatter...couldn't come up with anything on your own? Try being a bit more original, if possible.
Old 08-15-2004 | 07:44 PM
zeroday

I guess when you have no real arguments left and you've been totally proven wrong, the only thing you can do is try to attack someone personally. The problem is you have absolutely no knowledge of me, so your attack is based on the little fantasies you've created in your head that you hope to be true. These fantasies that internet warriors such as yourself create are usually mirror images of themselves, so take a closer look inside and you might be surprised at what you find.

You know what's even more pathetic? That "Luv ya" thing came from me first.....now you've used it twice like it's YOUR little attempt to be cute. Whassamatter...couldn't come up with anything on your own? Try being a bit more original, if possible.
i was done arguing with you about rims several posts back. i stated my points and you have said nothing that would change my mind on this issue. where was i proven totally wrong again? in fact, it's ironic considering your post above, but you've done nothing but attempt to attack me personally, calling me insecure, cheap, internet warrior, poseur, jealous, etc etc etc. i'm actually quite secure in the fact that i'm none of the above. your attacks don't bother me, but i am finding this rather amusing. i own many nice things and i think it is truly funny and pathetic that you are attempting to define me as a person by scrutinizing something as petty as the rims on one of my cars. the only reason that i can think of for you to do such a thing is that you have little else in your life to be proud of besides your inexpensive sports car and your 'relatively' expensive rims (ooooh they cost a thousand whole dollars more than mine!!) . that is why i assumed you are likely living paycheck to paycheck. people with money don't act like that. As for the Luva ya thing i sometimes find the only way people realize something they are saying sounds obnoxious/annoying/pompous is to throw it right back at them. don't worry i wouldn't dream of stealing your innovative trademark signature. i promise to only use it when responding to you.

LUV YA!!
Old 08-15-2004 | 08:05 PM
ZZtopp

i was done arguing with you about rims several posts back. i stated my points and you have said nothing that would change my mind on this issue. where was i proven totally wrong again? in fact, it's ironic considering your post above, but you've done nothing but attempt to attack me personally, calling me insecure, cheap, internet warrior, poseur, jealous, etc etc etc. i'm actually quite secure in the fact that i'm none of the above. your attacks don't bother me, but i am finding this rather amusing. i own many nice things and i think it is truly funny and pathetic that you are attempting to define me as a person by scrutinizing something as petty as the rims on one of my cars. the only reason that i can think of for you to do such a thing is that you have little else in your life to be proud of besides your inexpensive sports car and your 'relatively' expensive rims (ooooh they cost a thousand whole dollars more than mine!!) . that is why i assumed you are likely living paycheck to paycheck. people with money don't act like that. As for the Luva ya thing i sometimes find the only way people realize something they are saying sounds obnoxious/annoying/pompous is to throw it right back at them. don't worry i wouldn't dream of stealing your innovative trademark signature. i promise to only use it when responding to you.

LUV YA!!

I thought you didn't want to waste your time and "read all that crap"??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me.....what color is the sky in your world?

Last edited by ZZtopp; 08-15-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2004 | 05:47 AM
amf813

I know there is a battle raging between ZZTop and zeroday, but can someone help me with a pic of 19" Hiro's in Silver on a Z?
Old 08-16-2004 | 07:54 PM
dmc_wheels

hey what's up just wanted to say that i am an authorized axis dealer and i have the hiro's in stock for the z's and i would like a 1000 for the set brand new in the box also have mod's, milano's, and all axis rims in stock so let me know if interested
Old 08-17-2004 | 01:49 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

a 1000 for all 4? Interesting.
Old 07-17-2005 | 02:18 PM
boma

LOL quit that lame cyber fighting. I'm getting AXIS Hiro's! Don't feel like spending 3K for wheels/tires.

Quick Reply: New Axis Hiro Wheels