Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

New wheels and tires...Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

not really my style but as long as you like them.

It seems like most people have covered what you should change about the specs..besides the fact you should have gone for some used work or volk rims that are polished/chrome/RMC
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM
iridelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by driftsucky
There's no such thing as "pretty flush". It either is or isn't. And if you have about an inch in between the tire and lip, you'd have to do something spectacular to get them to even touch, let alone rub and/or scrape. AAAAAAAAND, again, based on your offsets and widths, you're not in danger of any of that happening. Not to mention your car is ridiculously high.

But again, as long as you like it, that's all that matters.
You are incorrect, I drove the car today and had to turn around before i even got a mile away. Everytime I made a turn the wheels would rub the fenders. The 25mm spacers are too big with the offset of my wheels. I took off the 25mm and will try a set of 10 or 15mm to see if they fit. An 8.5 wheel with the size tires I have and the wheel offset does not give much room even with my car not lowered!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So your front tires rub during turns?..at stock height? Seems fishy. But, if you say so. I mean, My fenders sit ON my tires and don't rub during turns. My rear driver's side will rub during drifting and spirited driving. But other than that, no issue. I couldn't imagine how you're creating a rub with a hand of gap. But, as long as you're doing what pleases you, that's all that matters.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Before you do anything else you shoud list your exact wheel and tire specs rather than just randomly adding spacers

My guess is your front tires are the wrong profile and you pushing out your wheels with spacers is not going to work unless you downsize to a lower profile
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
iridelow

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Before you do anything else you shoud list your exact wheel and tire specs rather than just randomly adding spacers

My guess is your front tires are the wrong profile and you pushing out your wheels with spacers is not going to work unless you downsize to a lower profile
My front is fine, 245/45 on 8.5 wheels with 25 offset and 5 mm spasers... the rear is 255/45 18's with 10mm spacers and fine now, but with the 25mm spacers, they rubbed like cazey>>>
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
My front is fine, 245/45 on 8.5 wheels with 25 offset and 5 mm spasers... the rear is 255/45 18's with 10mm spacers and fine now, but with the 25mm spacers, they rubbed like cazey>>>
Car looks fine for your taste. I'm not into chrome, but your car looks fine to me. I don't see a problem with 8.5 rear and 10mm spacers. Not flush, but acceptable none the less. The 255's are about right in the rear for 8.5's. There are better options, but your set up is acceptable for sure.

Here's my car with 8.5 and 9.5 with 19s (245/35 and 275/35)...not too radical. No chrome here...I had dark rims..been there done that. Played out for sure.

Last edited by ronn1; 07-30-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 AM
driftsucky

Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You should be on 40-series all araound and roll your rear fenders, that should help greatly
Old 08-01-2013, 04:03 AM
iridelow

Checked into getting the rear fenders rolled and the shop said they do roll fenders and have the correct tool to do it but they would not guarantee the paint would not crack around the fenders.....I said no thanks! With the current set up i have, the front tires are perfectly flush with the fenders and do not rub. The rear tires are not completly flush, about 1/2 inch inside the fenders, but do not rub now, if I put anything bigger than the 10mm spacers on the rear I think they will rub. right now I am using 10mm on the rear and 5mm on the front. I used a set of extended thread lug nuts and they allow me about 7 to 8 complete turns with the spacers so they are good and tight.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Waizzz
You should be on 40-series all araound and roll your rear fenders, that should help greatly
^This. The 245/45/18 isn't really the ideal size for the front tires and would be a major factor to the reason you're rubbing

Checked into getting the rear fenders rolled and the shop said they do roll fenders and have the correct tool to do it but they would not guarantee the paint would not crack around the fenders.....I said no thanks!
All the shops I went to for fender rolling would not guarantee no paint cracks because it is quite a common occurrence with fender rolling.
However, don't let that put you off, it's pretty simple to sand down, primer, paint and clearcoat should the paint crack.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

I would just start over , Sht can the wheels and tires and start from scratch.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:59 PM
ronn1

Checked into getting the rear fenders rolled and the shop said they do roll fenders and have the correct tool to do it but they would not guarantee the paint would not crack around the fenders.....I said no thanks! With the current set up i have, the front tires are perfectly flush with the fenders and do not rub. The rear tires are not completly flush, about 1/2 inch inside the fenders, but do not rub now, if I put anything bigger than the 10mm spacers on the rear I think they will rub. right now I am using 10mm on the rear and 5mm on the front. I used a set of extended thread lug nuts and they allow me about 7 to 8 complete turns with the spacers so they are good and tight.
Your set up is fine. Yes, the suggestions made here are ALL GOOD ONES, but there's nothing really wrong with what you've done and car looks pretty nice as is. I take it you're a *MATURE* individual (read>> Senior<<)..based on what I've read on your profile? That counts for a lot when accessing the situation and understanding your preferences and tastes. I posted a pic of my car here to give you an idea of what the *suggested* set up can look like so you could compare. Of course someone accused me *wheel whoring*. That shows the type of people you sometimes run into here..but that's part of what goes on here at times. BTW..I fall in the same category as yourself.

Enjoy your car man..looks very nice.

Last edited by ronn1; 08-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

5 spoke oem > OPs chrome wheels.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 PM
driftsucky

Originally Posted by ronn1
Your set up is fine. Yes, the suggestions made here are ALL GOOD ONES, but there's nothing really wrong with what you've done and car looks pretty nice as is. I take it you're a *MATURE* individual (read>> Senior<<)..based on what I've read on your profile? That counts for a lot when accessing the situation and understanding your preferences and tastes. I posted a pic of my car here to give you an idea of what the *suggested* set up can look like so you could compare. Of course someone accused me *wheel whoring*. That shows the type of people you sometimes run into here..but that's part of what goes on here at times. BTW..I fall in the same category as yourself.

Enjoy your car man..looks very nice.

Me. It was me that accused you. My name is right there to the left

AAAAAAAAAAAAnywho, the biggest issue is claims of nonsense. rubbing with Civic sized wheels, "riding low", sitting flush, don't like 20's etc... There's too many people in here that know better. My MAIN point is if Mr. Belvedere likes it, keep it. None of our opinion amount to a hill of beans. But don't blame age, maturity, or a lack of either on a horrible looking setup. Just own it. If your car looks like butt, and you like it, just say you like it. Don't try to change it for a bunch of people you don't know and make up excuses of nonsense and foolishness.

As for the fender rolling, people need to stop being afraid of that. A harbor freight shop gun and a rubber mallet will keep your fender paint from cracking. A fender roller tool and a heat gun is even better. And, for ***** purposes, here are fenders that have been done with hammers and heat...observe...

all done by amateurs. if that shop can't do it with a fender roller, never go to that shop. lol
Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
ronn1

deleted

Last edited by ronn1; 08-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.